Oct 9, 2019
Dublin
dublin-carpetcleaning.ie
Real Name
Marius
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
Hi

I am using a carpet cleaning powder with a dilution rate of 1 to 500. Works great. No complains. But it blocks all my wand nozzles. I change the nozzles, works great for 2-3 days, then is not spraying even any longer. I dilute the powder in a bucket before adding it to a solution tank. I use a Prochem steam pro carpet cleaner.

A used a defoamer (as recommended by a friend) same issue. Anyone has any advice?

Many thanks

Carpet Cleaning Dublin

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Hi

I am using a carpet cleaning powder with a dilution rate of 1 to 500. Works great. No complains. But it blocks all my wand nozzles. I change the nozzles, works great for 2-3 days, then is not spraying even any longer. I dilute the powder in a bucket before adding it to a solution tank. I use a Prochem steam pro carpet cleaner.

A used a defoamer (as recommended by a friend) same issue. Anyone has any advice?

Many thanks

Carpet Cleaning Dublin

Defoamer helps the vacuuming up
Doesn’t help spraying solution
DONT EVER PUT DEFOAMER INTO YOUR SOLUTION TANK- it’s only for the vacuum hose or the vacuum recovery tank so you don’t lose your vacuum!!!!!
Quickly go and educate you’re mate!!! If he doesn’t know what defoamer does, don’t ask him for anymore advice

Have you got a filter/strainer built into the connection on your wand??

It’s better to spray your alkaline cleaning solution down with either a pump up weed sprayer or an in-line Hydroforce sprayer. Then use a rinse in your solution tank and clean with your wand!

Just using an extraction detergent in your solution tank is the oldest school of method nobody uses anymore.....sure it works sorta (looks clean when you’re done) basically it means you’re always going to leave behind chemical residue, which leads to resoiling.... unless you want the carpet’s to get dirty quicker, so you get more work????

Your method with cleaning chem in solution tank, falls well short interms of performance, makes carpets dirtier faster, and leaves chemicals in the carpet people/children/pets will absorb - not nice mate!! Hence nobody since the 80s has worked this way

Pre-spraying your alkaline detergent/soap with a sprayer first, then rinsing with an acid rinse in your solution, is the way it’s done!!!

Let alone when you spray down the chemicals/detergent/soap first then use a floor scrubbing machine to agitate/shampoo/scrub in the chems to emulsify and suspend the soil/dirt. Then rinse with your wand with an acid rinse in your solution tank. This is the International standard that is taught in carpet cleaning school - IICRC

Either way what your doing isn’t working, don’t be insane by definition and do the same thing over and over expecting a different result

Do you use a watch or the sundial in your front yard to tell the time? hahaha

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019
Dublin
dublin-carpetcleaning.ie
Real Name
Marius
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
Defoamer helps the vacuuming up
Doesn’t help spraying solution
DONT EVER PUT DEFOAMER INTO YOUR SOLUTION TANK- it’s only for the vacuum hose or the vacuum recovery tank so you don’t lose your vacuum!!!!!
Quickly go and educate you’re mate!!! If he doesn’t know what defoamer does, don’t ask him for anymore advice

Have you got a filter/strainer built into the connection on your wand??

It’s better to spray your alkaline cleaning solution down with either a pump up weed sprayer or an in-line Hydroforce sprayer. Then use a rinse in your solution tank and clean with your wand!

Just using an extraction detergent in your solution tank is the oldest school of method nobody uses anymore.....sure it works sorta (looks clean when you’re done) basically it means you’re always going to leave behind chemical residue, which leads to resoiling.... unless you want the carpet’s to get dirty quicker, so you get more work????

Your method with cleaning chem in solution tank, falls well short interms of performance, makes carpets dirtier faster, and leaves chemicals in the carpet people/children/pets will absorb - not nice mate!! Hence nobody since the 80s has worked this way

Pre-spraying your alkaline detergent/soap with a sprayer first, then rinsing with an acid rinse in your solution, is the way it’s done!!!

Let alone when you spray down the chemicals/detergent/soap first then use a floor scrubbing machine to agitate/shampoo/scrub in the chems to emulsify and suspend the soil/dirt. Then rinse with your wand with an acid rinse in your solution tank. This is the International standard that is taught in carpet cleaning school - IICRC

Either way what your doing isn’t working, don’t be insane by definition and do the same thing over and over expecting a different result

Do you use a watch or the sundial in your front yard to tell the time? hahaha
Thank you for your detailed answer
A few great points

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke
Oct 9, 2019
Dublin
dublin-carpetcleaning.ie
Real Name
Marius
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
The issue with the clogging is most likely do to hard water and a need for descaling. Soft water is the answer to your problem. It is not the powders fault.. I attached a few article regarding this issue. https://blog.aramsco.com/tag/water-quality
Thank you for your answer. Is not the hard water at all. Our area has great water. I changed to liquid shampoos and the problem was sorted

Many thanks

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
Truckmount manufacturers typically do not honor warranties regarding hard water over 3 grains, Salt Lake has very hard water at 12 to 15 grains. High heat can acerbate the issue of sediment. 5 grains would be considered softer water, but there still could be an issue. Water from wells would be harder than municipal water in the same area. I do not know of any powders that would cause the issue without some influence of hardness and heat, unless you were using too much powder in the mix. Powdered rinses are diluted from 1 to 320 or 1 to 640. The concentration level went from 100% for the powder to 10 to 20% for the liquid in terms of dissolved powders.