Carpet Cleaning Injury Thread (Graphic) | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Carpet Cleaning Injury Thread (Graphic)

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I killed my ankles playing squash, by 13 I had to give up...could have played pro
Playing football my ankles were always heavily strapped. I always keep rigid strapping tape in the van, it’s awesome stuff. Can repair a hose or an ankle lol
Can make huge industrial bandaids
Hot tip:
I used my underarm deodorant aerosol can as freezy spray to ice it quickly
Works amazing!!!!!
The magic medical pain/ice spray is only pure propellant, so deodorant is safe to skin and smells fresh lol
Then wrapped it up right quickly before swelling set in
Finished agitating and then cleaned carpets and went home to stick it in a bucket of ice
Lucky was last job
And worked the next morning..
Another Hot Tip:
When I buy new work shoes/sneakers, I normally cut the heel cup/counter off them and turn them into “Japanese Tiling Slides”
Easy to kick on or off when shoes have chems on them
With my ankle, had to wear my Japanese slides for a couple days
Besides I find if you keep moving ankle heals much faster than sitting on your ass, and it keeps the bills paid
I was playing basketball with my brother in law and his Achilles snapped and rolled right up back his leg. Worst sound and looking muscle injury I’ve seen. Thanks but no thanks

• Wow
Reactions: sbsscn

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Watch out for spiders when attaching water hoses. Presumably this what happened to this cleaner. Brown Recluse spiders can make the skin molecules explode and leave nasty holes in your skin. Being a pest control applicator I personally like spiders as they are natures natural insecticide as they eat other pests. But a couple can cause nasty infections and scars.

mark saiger spider bite.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: SRD

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Also watch out for water extractions. This cleaner showed up to what he thought was a washer over flow in a basement but ended up being a toilet back up. He had a cut on his foot and it got infected from CAT 3 water and he got 2 bacterial infections that cost him half a toe and part of his foot.

water damage infection bill rathburn.jpg

bill rathburn 2.jpg

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Damn thats nasty

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Yeah personally I'm AMAZED at the lack of PPE in a lot of water restoration companies. Absolute fudgeing joke how many of them treat their employees and just toss them into situations with little education or training.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
This guy his "courtesy hose" got away from him and went across his face. In a split second he got this. Maybe they should call it the "not so courteous hose".

courtesy hose melted skin off.jpg

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Had a "courtesy" hose blast my foot once took the 1st couple layers of skin off before i could get my shoe and sock off. Courtesy hoses came off all my trucks that day and haven't been back on since.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Had a "courtesy" hose blast my foot once took the 1st couple layers of skin off before i could get my shoe and sock off. Courtesy hoses came off all my trucks that day and haven't been back on since.
Spencer this really shows how much heat we lose over 50-300' of solution lines. Ambient temps have a much greater effect than most realize until we use a courtesy hose that is only inches away from the heat exchangers.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Spencer this really shows how much heat we lose over 50-300' of solution lines. Ambient temps have a much greater effect than most realize until we use a courtesy hose that is only inches away from the heat exchangers.

I’m in the desert and ambient temps can fool with my temps on my grill!

Also elevation can affect the speed with which temps are reached those times are negligible but still atmospheric pressures make a difference

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
This is a well known East Coast truck mount mechanic who was grinding a bolt off. Ended up grinding part of his finger off too.

grinder cut .jpg

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
This is a well known East Coast truck mount mechanic who was grinding a bolt off. Ended up grinding part of his finger off too.

View attachment 88344
Lol that happens. Also end up at the eye doctor at least 3 times a year for shrapnel in my eyes caused by cut off wheels. No matter how careful you are that tool is sneaky and will bite ya when you least expect it.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Yeah personally I'm AMAZED at the lack of PPE in a lot of water restoration companies. Absolute fudgeing joke how many of them treat their employees and just toss them into situations with little education or training.
"Hi mrs smith. Im here to clean that wine stain out of you living room carpet"
:D
WaterArmor-Waterjet-Suit.jpg

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Actually it's more amazing that they get payed to dry and remove mold. Yet every job i come in behind them. There is mold, wet lumber and sometimes even wet carpet. Now that's a fkn joke. But hey, they are certified

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Actually it's more amazing that they get payed to dry and remove mold. Yet every job i come in behind them. There is mold, wet lumber and sometimes even wet carpet. Now that's a fkn joke. But hey, they are certified
That’s no joke don’t know how many jobs were left with microbial growth and nothing was said to the homeowner

Reactions: keep it clean

Zarz

Feb 1, 2012
Victoria
Real Name
John Zahra
Business Location
Australia

Box cutter last year cutting through a braided rubber hose. Yep, I’m an idiot

• Wow
Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Another courtesy hose burn. Stuff is no joke.

courtesy hose burn 1.jpg

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
Here are two guys who used caustic soda (lye) sodium hydroxide.

First guy put some prespray that contains lye (caustic soda sodium hydroxide) in an energy drink bottle to use for spotting and accidentally drank it not thinking. Almost killed him and burned his esophagus out. Second guy got it in his eye and blinded the eye. Burns the cornea immediately.

Moral story, avoid presprays (there are a few smaller garage companies pushing this toxic mess) with sodium hypochlorite or caustic soda sodium hydroxide lye. They can kill you even by breathing it, but esp if you drink it.

I'm guessing this was from zerorez with all that lie .. I mean lye?

• Haha
Reactions: rob allen