Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Wow what a thread, but a great wake up call to remind us on how important it is to be careful and wear gloves! I've only bumped my head a few times in the van and I always seem to hit my elbows on things. But nothing like the pictures above and hopefully I never will.
Once I was in a room over the garage. I then walked up the short set stairs to the second floor. Unknowns’t to me they had cut the doorway out and the door frame was not standard height. I walked up fast and hit my head and almost passed out. I now test every stair now lol

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
I was in a van with propane fired truckmount when propane that had leaked into the van ignited. I saw a flash and heard a big whoosh. Had a fraction of a second to think I was toast.

The fire was just the big flash for a second. Nothing ignited. But several plastic gallon jugs melted. My synthetic sweater melted and my arm was burned but thankfully I had on a cotton shirt under the sweater that did not burn nor melt. I was also missing some eyebrows by the time I jumped out of the truck.

Calmed my racing heart and went back to work.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I almost cut a finger off twice
How?

I almost cut mine off too one day. I was 9 years old and playing with my dad's hatchet trying to cut something. Anyway as my luck would have it, I missed and almost took off my left pointer finger. I ran inside like a little pussy and my dad had to rush me to the hospital. The scar is still visible. I tried blaming it on my little brother, but that did t work. LOL.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I had a technician who put his CRB at top of stairs and left it in the unlocked position and proceed to plug it into the wall.

It shot off the top of the steps and bounced down the staircase before embedding itself into the wall.
I remember when I bought my very first Oreck Orbiter. I was cleaning a condo on the second floor. When I was done, the Orbiter was on the second floor landing and I took the big black bag of dirty bonnets and through it down the stairs because I got lazy. Well, you know what they say...karma's a bit-ch. The damn ties from the bag grabbed on to my brand new Orbiter's handle and took it down the stairs with it. Concrete stairs at that. LMAO.
Wasn't funny then, but I laugh about it now.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I was in a van with propane fired truckmount when propane that had leaked into the van ignited. I saw a flash and heard a big whoosh. Had a fraction of a second to think I was toast.

The fire was just the big flash for a second. Nothing ignited. But several plastic gallon jugs melted. My synthetic sweater melted and my arm was burned but thankfully I had on a cotton shirt under the sweater that did not burn nor melt. I was also missing some eyebrows by the time I jumped out of the truck.

Calmed my racing heart and went back to work.
That must have startled the crap out of you.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
How?

I almost cut mine off too one day. I was 9 years old and playing with my dad's hatchet trying to cut something. Anyway as my luck would have it, I missed and almost took off my left pointer finger. I ran inside like a little pussy and my dad had to rush me to the hospital. The scar is still visible. I tried blaming it on my little brother, but that did t work. LOL.
stoopid yankees

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Here is my brother. He was cleaning in rain and stepped up on his van bumper to get something and slipped and hit the solution hose reel. Practically knocked him out.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Here is my brother. He was cleaning in rain and stepped up on his van bumper to get something and slipped and hit the solution hose reel. Practically knocked him out.

I bet all of us at one time, or another slipped on the wet van, sliding door kick plate/step and smashed our shin. I know I have. More than once too. I saw stars.