Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Yes, I'm a very much diy kind of individual. Only thinking of someone googling an item and coming across TMF which seems it's pretty easy to do. Especially with your certifications most will want to know what TMF is. IMO

Congrats and great work btw! Looking forward to seeing your progress
True. But your also a business owner so you have a different perspective. Mrs Jones not so much. However we are working on a plan to re-angling.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: MikeGaure

Robert Woodson

Oct 16, 2014
Real Name
robert Woodson
Yes, I'm a very much diy kind of individual. Only thinking of someone googling an item and coming across TMF which seems it's pretty easy to do. Especially with your certifications most will want to know what TMF is. IMO

I had this happen about 3 months ago. Lady called me to come back after a job and then showed me a printed off page from a thread on TMF. The thread was someone making a comment about something that they had no idea about and the lady took their word as gold.. I explained to her and worked it all out but I thought that was funny! How did she find TMF, and also the fact the she only read one of the responses to the the posters question.. Didn't take time to read the whole thread and see that the poster was quickly corrected by others on the forum.She had no idea what she was looking for but when someone else asked about the same thing she thought she was right. I almost busted out laughing cause she just knew that she was right because everything on the Internet is true!! Lol...Not a problem but I guess there is a first time for everything.. Lol

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I had this happen about 3 months ago. Lady called me to come back after a job and then showed me a printed off page from a thread on TMF. The thread was someone making a comment about something that they had no idea about and the lady took their word as gold.. I explained to her and worked it all out but I thought that was funny! How did she find TMF, and also the fact the she only read one of the responses to the the posters question.. Didn't take time to read the whole thread and see that the poster was quickly corrected by others on the forum.She had no idea what she was looking for but when someone else asked about the same thing she thought she was right. I almost busted out laughing cause she just knew that she was right because everything on the Internet is true!! Lol...Not a problem but I guess there is a first time for everything.. Lol

Did you snap a pic of the page she printed out :D

That's funny

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
Shouldn't all of it be closed to the public?

True. But your also a business owner so you have a different perspective. Mrs Jones not so much. However we are working on a plan to re-angling.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

This raises the question if TMF culture is locker room vs lunch table.

Some things said & SHOWN aren't meant for everyone.

But aye... I'm not personally concerned because of the Anointing on My life

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
In today's day and age, a persons intelligence is measured by their Google searching capabilities so yes, people will eventually stumble up on TMF at one point or another. Limiting the content they see is important.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
In today's day and age, a persons intelligence is measured by their Google searching capabilities so yes, people will eventually stumble up on TMF at one point or another. Limiting the content they see is important.

IMG_0832.JPG

Which leads Me to ask. ...I've always been curious @rob allen as to why you use the TMF Forums brand as the brand for some of the unrelated businesses that you own?

I understand brand building but at times isn't it wise to do a separate spinn-off that's it's own brand unto itself?

Doesn't necessarily mean more paperwork....just a simple $75 d.b.a

Reactions: Mike Krall

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
View attachment 62499

Which leads Me to ask. ...I've always been curious @rob allen as to why you use the TMF Forums brand as the brand for some of the unrelated businesses that you own?

I understand brand building but at times isn't it wise to do a separate spinn-off that's it's own brand unto itself?

Doesn't necessarily mean more paperwork....just a simple $75 d.b.a
We have wrestled with that point Chris. Tough because it's simpler to stay under the umbrella and drives traffic to one foundation. Not an easy task.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
One centralized private chat room would be nice too, like the one we had before but more emphasis put on it. Maybe like a widget that's at the bottom of every TMF page.
I like it.
@admin

Reactions: Jose Holguin

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Historical evidence suggests that carpet cleaning procedures emerged during the 19th century. The Industrial Revolution inspired new ideas of cleanliness in Europe and North America. Thanks for giving such info.

Regards,

I once read an article about how people (women) used to clean rugs back in the 1700's. And when reading the article I thought to myself.....That's similar to Host and Capture.

What they did was tear up paper into little itty bitty pieces, soak them in water, (Dry Compound) spread them over the rug and gently swept them up and down the rug with their broom (CRB) absorbing the soil.

Of course this was done AFTER hours of beating the crap out of them outside over the hitching post.