Carpet Cleaning Flow & Jets Explained | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Carpet Cleaning Flow & Jets Explained

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Finally a video that breaks down flow and jets. There is so much confusion but in this video I break it down, make it simple and easy to understand. Here's a quick synopsis-Flow is last 2 or 3 numbers on bottom of jets x 4. The top numbers are the thread sizes! If you need jets or anything else, please support our family business www.tmfshop.net. Enjoy and throw me a like or comment to help me out too! Rob Allen

#Carpet Cleaning #Carpet cleaning jets #Truckmountforums

Here is a diagram for quick reference...

eZy Watermark_13-07-2020_07-12-03PM copy.jpg

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
My brother and I just watched your video before washing rugs, good primer. What is your dual wand machine delivering to the floor?
I can always think of a few things I can add to my videos after I complete them. Atm both wands are 16 flow. But I’ll have to scale back to 8-10 on each as o can feel pressure drop when dual wanding.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
My ProChem Ti wand came with 01's on a 6 jet wand . All my previous wands were 02's . So I swapped out to 02 then 1.5 and I felt to much over wetting after a few months . Been back to the OEM 01 jets ever since and I'm really happy with the dry times . They can be turned up to clean the same as 02's by more psi . Dry time is important to me and my clients the cleaning faster and over wetting deep down to the backing. My old PC 11 inch 3 jet wand was ok with 9502 jets .

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
My ProChem Ti wand came with 01's on a 6 jet wand . All my previous wands were 02's . So I swapped out to 02 then 1.5 and I felt to much over wetting after a few months . Been back to the OEM 01 jets ever since and I'm really happy with the dry times . They can be turned up to clean the same as 02's by more psi . Dry time is important to me and my clients the cleaning faster and over wetting deep down to the backing. My old PC 11 inch 3 jet wand was ok with 9502 jets .
What machine do you run? Higher flow demands higher lift.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Personally i cannstand running anything under a #3, even if their 5 jets if their #1s all the way across it feels like im not getting the same flush as 2 #3s

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I can always think of a few things I can add to my videos after I complete them. Atm both wands are 16 flow. But I’ll have to scale back to 8-10 on each as o can feel pressure drop when dual wanding.
I run ⅜" from the pump all the way to the jet manifolds at 14 flow, I couldn't go back to 10 flow for anything. When everything is setup right and you experience the raw cleaning power, it changes things.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I run ⅜" from the pump all the way to the jet manifolds at 14 flow, I couldn't go back to 10 flow for anything. When everything is setup right and you experience the raw cleaning power, it changes things.
Good idea but isn’t that kind of heavy?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Good idea but isn’t that kind of heavy?
56 blower, continuous 100' lead vac section and the right wand speed is a treat. I'm only getting 2.1 gpm to the floor, people say 14 flow but never bucket test and have no idea what they are really getting. What are you getting 16 flow with ¼" solution line?

Reactions: TLC CARPET CLEANING

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
Finally a video that breaks down flow and jets. There is so much confusion but in this video I break it down, make it simple and easy to understand. Here's a quick synopsis-Flow is last 2 or 3 numbers on bottom of jets x 4. The top numbers are the thread sizes! If you need jets or anything else, please support our family business www.tmfshop.net. Enjoy and throw me a like or comment to help me out too! Rob Allen

#Carpet Cleaning #Carpet cleaning jets #Truckmountforums

Here is a diagram for quick reference...

View attachment 92961
I want two gauges like yours but can it withstand constant 380* ( running 1 - 4100 LX & 1 - 2100 POWERMATIC with RDM’s so flow is constant )? will It work w these conditions? there Is an analog temp read out in two different flow paths on the rigs but ??? at the head.

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
56 blower, continuous 100' lead vac section and the right wand speed is a treat. I'm only getting 2.1 gpm to the floor, people say 14 flow but never bucket test and have no idea what they are really getting. What are you getting 16 flow with ¼" solution line?
Mind the temp if bucket testing cause ( especially if it’s plastic ), it could make a difference - high temp less dense 1h2o. causing opposite effects. You’ll be twice as wrong if you use a plastic bucket - an approximate guess.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Mind the temp if bucket testing cause ( especially if it’s plastic ), it could make a difference - high temp less dense 1h2o. causing opposite effects. You’ll be twice as wrong if you use a plastic bucket - an approximate guess.

I know all the specs on our equipment, cfm and lift at the end of the hose run, gpm of the tools, etc... Taking the time to measure everything and make educated adjustments has made me a better cleaner. I don't use that much more water than the average cleaner really, I just reduced the labor by 30%. As you get older, less strokes per job, per day, per year, makes sense for improved results.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I know all the specs on our equipment, cfm and lift at the end of the hose run, gpm of the tools, etc... Taking the time to measure everything and make educated adjustments has made me a better cleaner. I don't use that much more water than the average cleaner really, I just reduced the labor by 30%. As you get older, less strokes per job, per day, per year, makes sense for improved results.
This is why you are one of the premier cleaners in the country.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I did a bucket test with our stair tool which is 2 - 02 jets... admittedly which haven't been replaced in a while so they are probably opened up a bit more.

At 550psi I held the trigger for 60seconds and it filled just under 1/2 of a 5 gallon bucket.

I also got rid of our 50ft vac line sections coming off the truck and use 100ft no cuffs, it does make a difference.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I did a bucket test with our stair tool which is 2 - 02 jets... admittedly which haven't been replaced in a while so they are probably opened up a bit more.

At 550psi I held the trigger for 60seconds and it filled just under 1/2 of a 5 gallon bucket.

I also got rid of our 50ft vac line sections coming off the truck and use 100ft no cuffs, it does make a difference.
Interesting. You really feel cuffs make that much of a difference??

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
Interesting. You really feel cuffs make that much of a difference??
I've found that if there is a difference it can't be measured with touch alone. I never could tell the difference between 50' vs 100' at the carpet with my hand, paper towel or kneel down.