Carpet Cleaning corner filtration

Oct 15, 2016
Real Name
Christopher
It's very embarrassing telling a customer I can't help you with cleaning your carpet corners along the walls. The carpet filtration soil. I got a wand that is made for corners but sucks ass. I got chemicals that work but no efficient way to clean corners in a 3000sq ft home that won't take hour or more.

Any one have any advice in getting corners cleaned that's efficient? I'd love to see a brush pro crb that works on corners

Oct 15, 2016
Real Name
Christopher
Yes, I can clean them but i feel guilty I have to up charge for it. hand scrubbing to agitate the corners and using the corner wand for entire house.

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Yes, I can clean them but i feel guilty I have to up charge for it. hand scrubbing to agitate the corners and using the corner wand for entire house.
My friend please dont think like that. You will work yourself right out of business if you do. You didn't put those filtration lines there.
You MUST charge extra for it because it is not normal. If it were, EVERY home would have them. And they dont.

I can tell you dozens of filtration lines soiling stories. I once drove from New York to Baltimore to fix the problem for a customer's sister's house. It was a $3,000 job and this was 25 years ago.

Filtration line soiling happens because there is a gap between the floor and wall of a particular room or rooms and every time you open up that front door you create a vacuum and that air(usually dirty air in homes) has to go somewhere and it goes to the nearest exit and in the case of filtration lines that exit is the baseboard. Close the gap between the floor and wall and you will never have filtration line soiling again.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
For an easier cleaning of those lines, spray the cleaner, I wait for about 5 min. If it is only along the line then I would just take my long crevice tool and agitate with that. See if this helps.

Oct 15, 2016
Real Name
Christopher
I like the video. Where do you get the hose extension that are in the video?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I like the video. Where do you get the hose extension that are in the video?
Very easy to do this.
The crevice tool is 1.5", so you need to have a 1.5" hose cuff and a short 1.5" hose and a 2"-1.5 connector reducer if you are using a 2" hose
https://www.steambrite.com/connecto...cuum-hose-enlarger-reducer-579016-p-8926.html

if you are cleaning with an 1.5" hose then you need this 1.5" connector
https://www.steambrite.com/ah74-pla...-barbed-112in-union-579015-j00630-p-4895.html

you can get these connectors from home depot.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
If you also notice on the video that I am using the sideways of the crevice tool, I have broken a couple of crevice tools because friction of the tool pressing hard on the carpet for a effective agitation. Rarely I go on my knees to scrub all depending on how bad it is.

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
I'll put in an extra 10 minutes per room for free to clean the filtration lines. Anything over that gets charged $100/hour. I do ask the customers to set a cap though and divide my efforts evenly through areas of concern.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
only way to truely get those edges clean is to scub them.......
crb wont work.....
a 175 that has a riser will clean the edges...but not the corners.....

use your hydraforce to prespot down a straight line.....then scrub with 175...
clean the corners with a grout brush....i used a grout brush before i got a 175.....

then extract ...a wand wo a glide will work facing the wall
( i used a prochem that had a glide i could slide off)..
.or a crevis extraction tool.....
i now use the bonzer that gets right next to the edges and corners.....

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
AND , very important, they will return. The conditions that caused them are still present.

Recently had a VERY upscale rental home. Vacant, white carpet.. Heavy filtration ALL walls!!!

Let sleeping dogs lie!!LOL!

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
It's very embarrassing telling a customer I can't help you with cleaning your carpet corners along the walls. The carpet filtration soil. I got a wand that is made for corners but sucks ass. I got chemicals that work but no efficient way to clean corners in a 3000sq ft home that won't take hour or more.

Any one have any advice in getting corners cleaned that's efficient? I'd love to see a brush pro crb that works on corners
If you take your car to the shop for an oil change, you don't expect them to change your brakes too without charging extra.

If you go to the doctor for a checkup, you don't expect him to remove that wart on your hiney that's been bothering you since you were 12 without charging extra.

If you have filtration lines, and your customer wants them gone, it's going to cost your customer money because it costs you time.