Carpet Cleaning business for sale! (ran out of funds) | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Carpet Cleaning business for sale! (ran out of funds)

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Brothers helping brothers. Or to be politically correct .. family helping family.
With these guys/family helping you ... you have to/will succeed.
Right on OWEN! Good Morning Sir..Only Troyster , Jose & Dave Holding up the Forum this Early!

Reactions: Jose Holguin

Robbdny

Aug 20, 2012
North Carolina
Real Name
Rob Antonelli
Business Location
United States
I appreciate all of the support and advice on this thread. I would like to keep the business, Problem is I am so far behind on my bills that I have reached "critical mass" and must liquidate some stuff in an effort to save my home and I am also behind in the van payment, so could lose that as well. After looking into the truck driving, I filled out a "survey" online, and the next day, 40 different companies either called me or e-mailed me w/ potential job offers. (once I get my CDL) The trucking industry needs between 60K and 100K new drivers right now. 1 out of every 4 truck drivers is 55 years old or older and not many young folks are signing up to drive freight. I already have a company that is going to pay for my schooling to get my commercial license (Pam Transport) and I only have to work for them for 1 year to repay the debt. Then, I can look for something local or regional.

If anyone wants any of my equipment, make me an offer.........
The SX 15 is already sold though.
John Wood

You keep talking about your morgage payment the government introduced mortgage modification programs. http://www.makinghomeaffordable.gov/

It's for people that where hit by the 2008 Stock Market and banking bail out. They catch up your mortgage readjust your monthly payment and help you with your bills. This is a federal programs, however there are even more programs on the state level. As long as your not running your business off the books, being self employed makes no difference.

I know of a contractor that went through a mortgage modification and his home payments went from $750 down to $325. Your mortgage company is required by law to explain the program in detail.

Anything with the web ending .gov your safe but I am really surprised your mortgage company didn't recommend it they by federal law are required to. Here is one link that will get you started http://www.makinghomeaffordable.gov/

Also I am not trying to sound like a jerk but if you have 8 years under your belt of cleaning. I didn't hear you mention any effort in market or calling on your past customers, something seems to be missing from the equation. I am new at CC but "BUSINESS IS BUSINESS." And I have had success with many different business applying standard business theory's in different types of business.

There are a lot of very experienced CC on TMF . Guys Before he starts dumping his equipment I can guarantee there is a serious flaw in the operation of your business that may require a large fix such as a " Now Under New Ownership," or a name change. That's drastic. If you like to read grab a book called the E-myth by Michael Gerber.

Everyone knows what it feels like to tired of being sick and tired. Find the most successfully CC out of territory and see if he could or will spare some time with you. And even do a ride along with one of best techs. I am sure there is probably someone on here that may be close enough.

Best of luck to you but don't sell the farm yet!!

And ask your mortgage company and look at the link about mortgage refinancing. In many states depending how your business is formed for example a LC you can collect unemployment insurance yourself.

Unless you are just done and are happy with taking at least a 50% hit on equipment

Exhaust All Options!! Don't Sell Any More Equipment Yet!
Robb

I know there are members that disagree with me but how about hearing about more that do!

Troyster

Apr 24, 2013
Terrace BC
Real Name
Troy Sims
Business Location
Canada
Poor planning equals poor results! Ask me how i know this! If your able to turn the ship around in time you may be able to save your business but it sounds like you may have waited to long! Hopefully Rob's advice helps!

Reactions: aloha one

Robbdny

Aug 20, 2012
North Carolina
Real Name
Rob Antonelli
Business Location
United States
Right on OWEN! Good Morning Sir..Only Troyster , Jose & Dave Holding up the Forum this Early!

Dave,
How can I become a member of your "HE-MAN WOMENS HATERS CLUB," I know Vito will give me 2 thumbs up?"

Your right we need to stick together 1st priority we have to stick together and fourm a group/ industry group. Please keep in mind this is all for entertainment purposes.

And we worked with each other in a forum of a interdependent
way of operating as a group. It helped marketing in a more competitive nature against the large franchise stores and made it more difficult for the slop gobble and run companies. In turn we saw higher profit margins and buying groups where we saved on everything from chemicals to larger equipment, to printing. Everyone has there areas of expertise in a particular area.

Not to rock the boat in yet another direction but with technology now it would be much easier to do.

Take Care
Robb

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
Everyone knows what it feels like to tired of being sick and tired. Find the most successfully CC out of territory and see if he could or will spare some time with you. And even do a ride along with one of best techs. I am sure there is probably someone on here that may be close enough.

I agree with everything you said EXCEPT this paragraph right here. Why...you ask? I don't want to start an argument and derail this. I just want to say that I've tried to do this, and it won't work.

The reason I know this, is because most of the successful independently owned businesses were wayyy successful before the internet was even around. Which means, a totally different economy and marketing technique, or they're too paranoid to give any positive criticizm, worried about him taking his business from him. Not to mention, if they are still successful, then they had enough cushion to survive the crash of 2008, which means that they can't help with any advice.

That's why forums like these exist. There's the modern businesses that are successful and it's safe to be more open to someone's personal financial problems that put him in his position of business.

Troyster

Apr 24, 2013
Terrace BC
Real Name
Troy Sims
Business Location
Canada
same with Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP'S) in Canada > big no no cashing in early! Ask me how i know this!

tommyscarpet

Jun 28, 2008
Virginia
Real Name
Tommy R. Overstreet
Business Location
United States
John , call me regarding your used equipment @ 540-586-0612

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using TMF Forums mobile app

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
You keep talking about your morgage payment the government introduced mortgage modification programs. http://www.makinghomeaffordable.gov/

It's for people that where hit by the 2008 Stock Market and banking bail out. They catch up your mortgage readjust your monthly payment and help you with your bills. This is a federal programs, however there are even more programs on the state level. As long as your not running your business off the books, being self employed makes no difference.

I know of a contractor that went through a mortgage modification and his home payments went from $750 down to $325. Your mortgage company is required by law to explain the program in detail.

Anything with the web ending .gov your safe but I am really surprised your mortgage company didn't recommend it they by federal law are required to. Here is one link that will get you started http://www.makinghomeaffordable.gov/

Also I am not trying to sound like a jerk but if you have 8 years under your belt of cleaning. I didn't hear you mention any effort in market or calling on your past customers, something seems to be missing from the equation. I am new at CC but "BUSINESS IS BUSINESS." And I have had success with many different business applying standard business theory's in different types of business.

There are a lot of very experienced CC on TMF . Guys Before he starts dumping his equipment I can guarantee there is a serious flaw in the operation of your business that may require a large fix such as a " Now Under New Ownership," or a name change. That's drastic. If you like to read grab a book called the E-myth by Michael Gerber.

Best of luck to you but don't sell the farm yet!!

And ask your mortgage company and look at the link about mortgage refinancing. In many states depending how your business is formed for example a LC you can collect unemployment insurance yourself.

Unless you are just done and are happy with taking at least a 50% hit on equipment

Exhaust All Options!! Don't Sell Any More Equipment Yet!
Robb

I know there are members that disagree with me but how about hearing about more that do!

I dont know if this is possible but reading this mortgage program and stuff it might be. What if you refinance the mortgage to clear all your other debt? Thats what we did in 2005. Its hurts, but it might be an option.
The E-Myth principals work for any business, I agree.

Reactions: aloha one

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I dont know if this is possible but reading this mortgage program and stuff it might be. What if you refinance the mortgage to clear all your other debt? Thats what we did in 2005. Its hurts, but it might be an option.
The E-Myth principals work for any business, I agree.
Refis are tuff these days Bex..most dont have the Equity.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
Yeah, that would kind of screw it up I guess.
Still, if the desire is strong enough, "there is always a way". Someone famous said that. Might have been Tony Little.

Robbdny

Aug 20, 2012
North Carolina
Real Name
Rob Antonelli
Business Location
United States
I agree with everything you said EXCEPT this paragraph right here. Why...you ask? I don't want to start an argument and derail this. I just want to say that I've tried to do this, and it won't work.

The reason I know this, is because most of the successful independently owned businesses were way successful before the internet was even around. Which means, a totally different economy and marketing technique, or they're too paranoid to give any positive criticism, worried about him taking his business from him. Not to mention, if they are still successful, then they had enough cushion to survive the crash of 2008, which means that they can't help with any advice.

That's why forums like these exist. There's the modern businesses that are successful and it's safe to be more open to someone's personal financial problems that put him in his position of business.

Matt,
How for starters the "Ride Along Video," from a very successful business owner in the CC Industry. Rob Allen s Ride Along Video? Anyone that has watched that and not picked up at least a handful of good tips is really missing the boat. Do you know it cost on average $500 in marketing money give away and sweat equity every time you loose a regular customer. I have had a 100% success rate asking for ride alongs, but not all people are the same. Its something I did over the phone either and you bet your ass I showed up with coffee and donuts that

John,
I guess it comes to what I have heard other people say are you down with it and don't care to put forth any effort. If you still feel theirs hope can you let us know. I know the heading was about selling your equipment but as much as we are all in competition I personally hate to see anyone go down if they still have a little fight left in them. 8 years of part time work is a lot of customers that you have already got your feet wet. Without seeing financials and really talking to someone there is usually a problem in your business system that can be pinpointed to a mathematical fact.

I am really surprised that not many people are familiar with a mortgage modification its not even close to a refinance this was set in place by our president for the people that have had to take a huge pay cut, loose a large percentage of there business and are no longer able to afford there current mortgage and are facing foreclosure. The program even catches you back up on back payments, pays or dismisses all late fees.

After a small amount of paper work you then receive a new permanent mortgage payment that based on your current income that is affordable. The best part is the reduction in payment is made through a lower interest rate. It dosent go back up either if you had a 30 yr mortgage and only owe 20 that remains the same. Its not as technical as a regular home closing either.

http://www.makinghomeaffordable.gov/programs/lower-payments/Pages/hamp.aspx
Home Affordable Unemployment Program (UP)

If you are unemployed and depending on your situation, MHA's Home Affordable Unemployment Program (UP) may reduce your mortgage payments to 31 percent of your income or suspend them altogether for 12 months or more.

You may be eligible for UP if you meet all of the following criteria:

• You are unemployed and eligible for unemployment benefits.
  • You occupy the house as your primary residence.
  • You have not previously received a HAMPSM modification.
  • You obtained your mortgage on or before January 1, 2009.
  • You owe up to $729,750 on your home.
*Eligibility criteria are for guidance only. Contact your mortgage servicer to see if you are eligible for UP.

Please let us know if have made up your mind 100% to sell, so people like myself stop losing sleep over it. ;)
Good Luck,
Robb

Last edited:
Reactions: Ionic Fresh

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
Matt,
How for starters the "Ride Along Video," from a very successful business owner in the CC Industry. Rob Allen s Ride Along Video? Anyone that has watched that and not picked up at least a handful of good tips is really missing the boat. Do you know it cost on average $500 in marketing money give away and sweat equity every time you loose a regular customer. I have had a 100% success rate asking for ride alongs, but not all people are the same. Its something I did over the phone either and you bet your ass I showed up with coffee and donuts that

Robb

What are you talking about? I never said anything bad about the Ride along video. I love that video. I was referring to doing a Literal ride along with one of the ancient carpet cleaning businesses in his area. That's all. I love that video.

If he wants to do a ride along, he needs to ask one of us, who want to, (if we can), help him

I don't disagree with you.

Robbdny

Aug 20, 2012
North Carolina
Real Name
Rob Antonelli
Business Location
United States
p misunderstanding, and I wish you and your family a prosperous season.

-Robb

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Last edited:

wecruisin

Nov 1, 2012
Real Name
Jason Pernel
Sorry to hear this John. I just got off of a truck last July to be with my wife and newborn son. I will make only one suggestion. Check into Mclane right around Charlotte. I worked for the grocery one up this way, I believe the one down there is food service. They run team routes and you're back home a few nights each week. It's work because you're unloading the truck at each stop, but they pay pretty well. I was on pace to make 65k last year if I had finished out the year, and it was my first full year of employment. I was at home to sleep in my own bed 4 nights out of 7 each week.

Just something to think about. I wish you all the best in your future.

Jason

carracer1967

Jul 5, 2013
Huntersville NC
www.allcleancarpetnc.com
Real Name
John Wood
Business Location
United States
Thanks Jason! Mclane is actually 2 miles from my house. I am going to go with Roehl transport. They offer a 14 on 7 off shift. I will have a weeks vacation every three weeks!! The truck will run out of Darlington SC which is 3 hours from my house. My wife and I have been married for 22 years and all of our kids are grown and gone. My wife is TOTALLY FINE with me being gone a bunch. LOL. She will be going with me some during the summer. I have already sold most of my equipment so we were able to catch up on most of the bills. I am working part time with anothet carpet cleaner and helping him w/ advertising and promotion. So far, so good.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using TMF Forums mobile app

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I hope that anyone that is beginning to see that their business is faltering will read this thread. TMF is one tool you can use to learn more about the business end of carpet cleaning, even if you have been in the business for 8 years or more. The lesson to be learned from this thread is to ASK for help early on! There are plenty of people out here who will help you!

wecruisin

Nov 1, 2012
Real Name
Jason Pernel
Thanks Jason! Mclane is actually 2 miles from my house. I am going to go with Roehl transport. They offer a 14 on 7 off shift. I will have a weeks vacation every three weeks!! The truck will run out of Darlington SC which is 3 hours from my house. My wife and I have been married for 22 years and all of our kids are grown and gone. My wife is TOTALLY FINE with me being gone a bunch. LOL. She will be going with me some during the summer. I have already sold most of my equipment so we were able to catch up on most of the bills. I am working part time with anothet carpet cleaner and helping him w/ advertising and promotion. So far, so good.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using TMF Forums mobile app

That sounds like a pretty good ride. Is Roehl no touch freight? It seems that you and your wife have got this figured out. Drive safe and watch out for the idiots on the road. Again, best of luck to you on the new adventure!