Carpet Cleaning:Average net profit for single truck should be what? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Carpet Cleaning:Average net profit for single truck should be what?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I'm not surprised you make beer money with your business. Just another piker. Cest la vie
Keep talking trash triple tits, I had my straight 24 hours of working days and those days are over for me and today I live in a 1.5 million dollar valued home with 5 bed rooms, 90% mortgage is paid why would I kill my self rather enjoy life take vacations and enjoy with family? Are you stupid?

Hacky-sack

May 22, 2020
Real Name
Andrew Schultz
Keep talking trash triple tits, I had my straight 24 hours of working days and those days are over for me and today I live in a 1.5 million dollar valued home with 5 bed rooms, 90% mortgage is paid why would I kill my self rather enjoy life take vacations and enjoy with family? Are you stupid?
You didn't do that with yer income. Already done the math on yer paltry numbers.

What's yer wife do for a living?

Tammus

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Tammus Hileman
I ran my carpet cleaning business as a side hustle for many years, and had no understanding of my costs of doing business. I just thought I was working hard to make additional money. I didn’t know what I didn’t know. I am getting a real education in this area of my business in the last year and a half, now that I am supporting my family with it.

Reactions: ACP

Tammus

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Tammus Hileman
The original post is a very important/fundamental concept that I am in the process of learning. I will share some of my numbers with the hopes that some of the veterans will see something that might help me.

2016- 239 jobs with a gross of $34,325. 90% rental turns and 10% residential. Part time carpet cleaning.

2019- 255 jobs with a gross of $69131. 60% rental turns and 40% residential. First year carpet cleaning full time.

My costs of doing business are $2500 per month. This includes $1100 payment on a 2017 Butler. I do have a small pension and two rental units to help. My wife works with me as well as my three children at times.

My process includes vacuum, crb agitation, rinse with zipper or rotovac, fans to aid drying, uniform, door drape, hard surfaces covered, corner guards. I have pushed my own paridigms hard, now at .45 sq/ft on my residential work, .25-.30 on rental turns. Would like to get away from the rental work, but it is steady and got me through the initial Covid shut downs. My residential business is organically growing through referrals. But I am not getting to my quality minded clientele as quickly as I would like. Tried direct mail last year and spent $2500 to get $3000 in work, but did get into a couple of neighborhoods I was targeting. Have been thinking of door to door to help speed up growth.

Always open to any suggestions and feedback.