Carpet cleaner gunned down while cleaning | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Carpet cleaner gunned down while cleaning

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
This is why so many cleaners carry. Many have no regard for human life anymore. It’s not just a war against dirty carpets, it’s a war against dirty people. Sick.

IMG_0262.JPG

Reactions: keep it clean

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Crazy times we live in brother

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
Has anyone ever had the feeling of being "setup" when going to a job? I have had that feeling a handful of times.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Today there's very good reasons to be carrying. The atmosphere is a lot more tense. And people have in their own heads justified more reasons to attack you no thanks to the news.
I always hear the arguments: "Just stay away from bad areas. Or what you really think someones out to get you? You are more likely to shoot yourself if you own or carry. Your paranoid.
" But its no different then saying i dont need my seat belt. Im only going to the gas station down the street. Ill just avoid all the bad drivers:wacky: Or i took down all my smoke detectors and got rid of the extinguisher because i never had a fire:wacky: You should leave it to the people who are trained for this you know like police:wacky:
The same police they are defunding. The same police they hate. The same police that only come if- if-if-if-if-IF!... you are able to make the call. Btw if you can make the call as you fight one handed still takes 10 minutes while you're on your own.

I just got me a shoulder holster. My pocket cannon was pulling my pants down lol. I prefer cannons as most nothing can stand up against them. And because its winter now. I can hide it.
Meet my friend Dan. I feed em Buffulo Bore.
Screenshot_20201208-201445_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: SRD

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Today there's very good reasons to be carrying. The atmosphere is a lot more tense. And people have in their own heads justified more reasons to attack you no thanks to the news.
I always hear the arguments: "Just stay away from bad areas. Or what you really think someones out to get you? You are more likely to shoot yourself if you own or carry. Your paranoid.
" But its no different then saying i dont need my seat belt. Im only going to the gas station down the street. Ill just avoid all the bad drivers:wacky: Or i took down all my smoke detectors and got rid of the extinguisher because i never had a fire:wacky: You should leave it to the people who are trained for this you know like police:wacky:
The same police they are defunding. The same police they hate. The same police that only come if- if-if-if-if-IF!... you are able to make the call. Btw if you can make the call as you fight one handed still takes 10 minutes while you're on your own.

I just got me a shoulder holster. My pocket cannon was pulling my pants down lol. I prefer cannons as most nothing can stand up against them. And because its winter now. I can hide it.
Meet my friend Dan. I feed em Buffulo Bore.
View attachment 95241

Solid reasonings

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Here's the problem, if someone is high on drugs, walks in and shoots you in the back, that gun you're carrying isn't doing you much good.

If he has a gun drawn on you period, it ain't doing you much good. Sure you have a better chance of returning fire, but its not like the movies, anybody who gets shot in the chest/abdominal region is not going to be able to draw their gun and return fire. The pain is often paralyzing and overwhelming.

Reactions: sbsscn and Mama Fen

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I've seen at least 1 or 2 situations where I thought things were getting out of hand and I immediately stopped and left. I ignored what was being said and walked out as quickly as possible. It sounds like this cleaner was trying to do that very thing, but never got the chance. I suspect that guy was a drug addict. It said he had the cleaner's wallet in his hands. He didn't shoot him because he was upset, but in order to rob him. At least that's how it sounds. It also sounds as though he likely knocked the female unconscious. I don't think she just happened to "black out." Not for a split second. Attempted murder at this point it sounds like.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Here's the problem, if someone is high on drugs, walks in and shoots you in the back, that gun you're carrying isn't doing you much good.

If he has a gun drawn on you period, it ain't doing you much good. Sure you have a better chance of returning fire, but its not like the movies, anybody who gets shot in the chest/abdominal region is not going to be able to draw their gun and return fire. The pain is often paralyzing and overwhelming.
While this is mostly true I've learned to never turn my back on someone acting sketchy.

Reactions: Will50

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States

Correct its not like the movies. If the bullet misses all the good stuff. Vital organs. The attacker remains capable of fighting. Which is why you are to dump the entire mag until the attacker drops. Or carry guns capable of knocking down medium and large game. But... still dump the entire gun into them. Its not about if they live or die. Its about you the victim remaining alive. They made their choice.

Me? I prefer to have the opportunity to fight back. So I carry. If i need it i have it. Been carrying over 25 years. I pulled it once and shoved it into some guys stomach who walked up behind me looking over my shoulder into my van. He backed awsy and he and his buddies walked off. But not even a little bit of fear was in him.
Sure if my back is turned (scenario 1). I will be on the receiving end Of tge other guys rnds. If his attack fails? yes i will be firing. And some big rounds too. All of them.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
The cleaner died.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
The cleaner died.
Your link said the victims condition was not released. That sucks. Died just simply for doing his job. Shooter will live on. And will likely be released for good behavior later on.

If it feels sketchy? Bounce. Even of you're armed. Its not worth it. If working in vacants lock yourself in when possible. People from other floors get riled up when you wake them. God forbid someone is trying to keep their apartment nice.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
The cleaner died.
So then should the scoundrel that shot him. Sooner rather than later too! It shouldn't take months or even years for that to happen either. I know it won't happen. He may even get released for "good behavior" and because "he's no longer a threat to society." Our judicial system is just as corrupt and ineffective as our government.

I am against life sentences for anything, period. If something is so bad they have to put you away for life at the tax payer's expense, it's bad enough to sentence you to death, particularly in cases where there is very clear evidence. I have always believed there are at least several other things that merit the death penalty other than murder like rape and child molesting for starters. Evidently, the SCOTUS does not agree with me. They are WRONG. I do agree the death penalty must meet a very high standard.
"Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil." Ecclesiastes 8:11 That statement is just as true today as when it was written.

Last edited:

epservices

Feb 26, 2012
arizona
Real Name
clyde esprit
Business Location
United States
This is why so many cleaners carry. Many have no regard for human life anymore. It’s not just a war against dirty carpets, it’s a war against dirty people. Sick.

View attachment 95236
He was shot in the back
Even if he was carrying it would not have helped him

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
He was shot in the back
Even if he was carrying it would not have helped him
Perhaps. One thing I try to never do is turn my back on someone sketchy. This guy had came out mad 2 times. I'd have already left or if I carried into the home, be ready.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
So then should the scoundrel that shot him. Sooner rather than later too! It shouldn't take months or even years for that to happen either. I know it won't happen. He may even get released for "good behavior" and because "he's no longer a threat to society." Our judicial system is just as corrupt and ineffective as our government.

I am against life sentences for anything, period. If something is so bad they have to put you away for life at the tax payer's expense, it's bad enough to sentence you to death, particularly in cases where there is very clear evidence. I have always believed there are at least several other things that merit the death penalty other than murder like rape and child molesting for starters. Evidently, the SCOTUS does not agree with me. They are WRONG. I do agree the death penalty must meet a very high standard.
"Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil." Ecclesiastes 8:11 That statement is just as true today as when it was written.
Amen brother. And looking at these liberal radical cities where jail and prison is a revolving door crimes are up 50-500%. The party of death.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Perhaps. One thing I try to never do is turn my back on someone sketchy. This guy had came out mad 2 times. I'd have already left or if I carried into the home, be ready.
Situational awareness.
People can choose to learn from this. Or continue on like it will never happen and if it does there's nothing they can do to stop it.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
Is it now when I pretend to be the toughest mofo in TMF and post photos of my weapons and say I’ll shoot anybody who gives me the stinky eye?

• Haha

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Is it now when I pretend to be the toughest mofo in TMF and post photos of my weapons and say I’ll shoot anybody who gives me the stinky eye?
Well since 2 of us posted pics of our everyday carry weapons and i was one of them ill respond.....its not about being the toughest mofo its about being a prepared mofo, nothing and i mean nothing worse than someone threatening your life and you not having equal means of protecting yourself (been there not going there again) As far as posting the pic i like to see cool guns im a dude... sorry if pics of big scary guns offended your sensitive nature. PS you dont shoot someone for giving you the stink eye thats an ignorant statement