Carpet buckling for first time in 27 years

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Well ironically had one on Friday, lady called back today and said the wrinkles are still there. Joy. FYI she is a corporate attorney. Why does this never happen with the easy customers? lol

Reactions: DrummerTW

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
St.Louis, Mo.
Real Name
Thomas Webb
Business Location
United States
For me it's a high end customer as well but only $240.. definitely not worth the headache

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
St.Louis, Mo.
Real Name
Thomas Webb
Business Location
United States
No doubt my customers that pay $300 or more.. never say much until they're ready for their next cleaning...its the people who pay the least that will ever want the most

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
church hall today
carpet layed over carpet . lazy installers, said the tiles under the rug were asbestosis, the church
20190513_115907.jpg
had them tested and they were not .

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
yes , always a lazy excuse of some kind .
Probably know the tiles are going to come up with the carpet. I would of ripped it out asbestos or not. If tiles come up with it. The tiles stay with the building lol. I wouldnt try double stick. Thats a pia in itself. Next guy is screwed. And the church is going to pay the price on labor.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Probably know the tiles are going to come up with the carpet. I would of ripped it out asbestos or not. If tiles come up with it. The tiles stay with the building lol. I wouldnt try double stick. Thats a pia in itself. Next guy is screwed. And the church is going to pay the price on labor.
That's a double tear out on a water damage, hourly x2 per man hour. Insurance companies hate that.

Reactions: keep it clean

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
That’s a great idea. Can you post a link to the article here so everyone can share it.
I ran the article through a copier. Dont have the issue anymore. How can I find it online or post it online?

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
St.Louis, Mo.
Real Name
Thomas Webb
Business Location
United States
My customers dig those triangles...I never take them out anymore...I've got a ton of realtors that ask me to come lay them down just so the potential buyer walks in and sees theyve been recently cleaned...9 x out of 10 they're already clean

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke