Cargo Van | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Cargo Van

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
My Infiniti Q45 Burnt coil packs (not cheap!) Had to replace them 2x and they are over $100ea.

Turns out you absolutely cannot use anything but OEM Bosch plugs or it frys them. I had bought some so called fancy ones... oops

Fwiw might be non OEM plugs @SRD

Reactions: SRD and Ymetimme

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Looks great congrats!
Thanks Man. We have had so little so long it’s nice to bust butt and really appreciate the things we’re slowly able to acquire to improve our families lives. I don’t buy anything for “show” so it’s really nice to own something nice. It’s weird driving a truck I don’t have to slap the dash board to get the radio to turn on, I now have a horn (didn’t have one before lol) and my ac, and defrost work! Every morning my old van the windshield wipers would start up when starting my truck. And only would start after the third try, then run terrible till warm. I’m going to be spoiled turning the key and not have all the problems!

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Trans is a 6L90
So I just got home and was reading their autocheck report they have online about my truck. I took a ton of screen shots.
Autocheck lists my truck has 30000 miles more then my odometer has on it.
The dealer is a highly rated Chevy Cadillac dealer. I doubt they would commit fraud on a used truck. Any ideas what to do!

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Dealership swears it’s a “fat finger” error on the odometer and are fixing it ASAP.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Dealership swears it’s a “fat finger” error on the odometer and are fixing it ASAP.
Could be. Do they have inspection reports? They note milage every inspection. One fat finger mistake i could see that. it happens. But every year every oil change? no.

Reactions: MikeGaure

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Yeah sure. When you remove the old cluster you have to download the parameters from the old cluster to your scan tool. You don't enter nothing in when you install the new one you just download the parameters to your new one.
But if you want to -you can!!
It's an ordeal you have to go in on your tech 2 scan tool 2 change the parameter enter in many codes permissions from GM. basically what I'm trying to say is it's not as easy as a fat fingered mistake.

The proof to me is that you were able to drive it home and the instrument cluster still function
The instrument cluster would be entered in wrong in the PCM would know it and shut down the instrument cluster.
as you're driving it stored to both the instrument cluster and the PCM and chassis control module if all three don't line up it will shut one of the three downthe only way to work around it is to enter the number in all three of the exact same.
So he would have had to mistakenly entered it in many places?

It is possible he's using a scan tool that does it for him. But I haven't seen one.

Now scenario 2 is that they ordered the cluster and they told the company they were buying it from wrong number but the second a technician would plug into their bi-directional scan tools they would see that it was wrong

I know a lot about this system I was on the team to stop odometer fraud

Reactions: MikeGaure

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Could be. Do they have inspection reports? They note milage every inspection. One fat finger mistake i could see that. it happens. But every year every oil change? no.
There is no reason to get out of scan tool to reset for an oil change. it's way too complicated to be just a (fat fingered mistake)!!

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
There is no reason to get out of scan tool to reset for an oil change. it's way too complicated to be just a (fat fingered mistake)!!
Now they may have a fancy or scan tool that makes it easier this is what's involved

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
This all being said it's not worth a battle it's a great van regardless of the miles those are built like tanks and I've seen 400,000 so don't stress over it too much

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
They are giving me $500 in free service and insist the clerk inputted the wrong # when they took it in. They are a highly rated dealer and doubt they would risk that over what maybe $2000
I think timmie is right. I can’t afford the stress. I battled them, and in the end can win. But win what? So I told them $500 in service. I’ll go get them to do a tune up or something.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
My insurance finally had someone come and look at my van today. I was told that I should here something by Thursday, I am just confused as they didnt even pry open the hood to see what all got damaged. I just dont know how they can determine if and what they will be repairing without seeing it all, my luck on Thursday they will tell me they want to tow it to a shop to get an estimate.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Weird I remember a total where they wouldn’t open the hood either. It was stuck but very easy to actually open. Either way they totalled it.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Weird I remember a total where they wouldn’t open the hood either. It was stuck but very easy to actually open. Either way they totalled it.
I have a customer that owns a Napa Collision Center that I am going to contact today.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
What I did was allowed geico to do their thing then I took my van to a auto body shop and had them write a much more detailed estimate. She added supplemental items that maybe wrong with it as well.

Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
bought a mint 95 351W cube 60K from the west. Ordered Summit silicone complete vac line kit for it. That be my problem as well!
Just saw this post. Yea, the lines were all brittle. And honestly with a super busy life I really couldn’t dedicate the time to replace the lines. After I wrecked it I was able to buy it back for $203, then sold it same day for $700.00
I didn’t want to mess with those vac lines.

Reactions: smartcarpetcare