Cargo Van

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Trust me not expecting much but if you don’t ask you never know.
During the downturn in 08 my credits beat working hard on raising it. But I’ve been doing really well recently with our home cleaning and carpets. Endlessly growing and have some awesome tools to clean with.
Today I hit a concrete pillar with my carpet van. I’m getting the insurance co to look at it but it’s only a 1995 E-150 so they will prob total it. Always ran poorly due to vacuum line issues anyway. The 95s are a pain. My ac/defrost went out this winter too. I have so much nice equipment my ugly van isn’t exactly the image I’m shooting for and now it’s even uglier.
If maybe anyone has a second truck, or someone getting out of the business and would allow me to make payments on a later model, nice looking sound van please let me know. I’d love to consider it and figured if I don’t ask I may never know. Hoping for a miracle. I do have $$$ to put down for the right deal.

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Ouch !! Sorry to hear AZ . Had this problem when the mini van I started with died on me . Transmission problems . Wasn’t worth fixing . Bought a Chevy Express and ended up putting a few thousand in it before I got it right . Nightmare.
Couple months later I see a newer small Transit van for sale near my credit union for $4200 !! Had three times that in what I was driving . Damn !! Point is , start looking for a smaller Transit van . Steven B. set one up and I encourage you to search his content for the pictures and how he did it . Real nice !!
Even saw one set up at an Interlink with a small truckmount installed . Guy loved it for working in Pgh. Pa on narrow streets .
Hope you find something and Good Luck !!
All the Best , Ed

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Ouch !! Sorry to hear AZ . Had this problem when the mini van I started with died on me . Transmission problems . Wasn’t worth fixing . Bought a Chevy Express and ended up putting a few thousand in it before I got it right . Nightmare.
Couple months later I see a newer small Transit van for sale near my credit union for $4200 !! Had three times that in what I was driving . Damn !! Point is , start looking for a smaller Transit van . Steven B. set one up and I encourage you to search his content for the pictures and how he did it . Real nice !!
Even saw one set up at an Interlink with a small truckmount installed . Guy loved it for working in Pgh. Pa on narrow streets .
Hope you find something and Good Luck !!
All the Best , Ed
Those little Transit Vans do run pretty good one major flaw front wheel drive with lots of weight in the back! they don't go in the snow!

when it comes to cargo vans I found the Express van to be pretty darn good for me at this point I've had them all from The big three
And 1 sprinter every time it broke it cost me two grand lol
At least when the Express Vans fit break I can afford to fix them lol

The Fords to me no one can ever sort out.

The transits run good put slip and slide all over the place.

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Right now I’m mostly about cheap, lol
Im hoping before this year is up I’ll be able to go out and buy whatever I need. I’m assuming the insurance co well total my truck. I’m not sure as of yet. I can’t imagine they will want to fix a 1995.
I have few dollars saved up, hoping combined with insurance money I can buy something decent. It’s a bummer I ruined by credit but I do t let much get me down. Can’t be anxious over tomorrow, today’s got plenty of troubles of it’s own :)

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I might have a van in the next month or so. I’m in the middle of buying out another company right now and I’ll probably have more vans than I need. Let me see what all I get and I’ll let you know. I know this doesn’t help right now, we are about 3 -4 weeks away from the business changing hands. If you still need a van then I’ll see what I can do.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Thanks Todd. I’m still in the beginning stages of the insurance claim. So I’m not sure what will happen. I do appreciate it.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
That'll buff right out I bet you they fix it. Hell ide fix it. 45 minutes in the u pull it yard less then 100 bucks. Unless you bent the french fry frame or suspension or steering... that van is the longest running van. They made slight changes here and there. But it still is running same suspension since 1980. Hell my 2011 has doors stamped 1992. Junk yards are overflowing with parts for that thing.
But maybe its time for new. You live in the wilderness there so maybe a Quigley van be right for you i always wanted one if those.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
IDK if your running a TM, but I had an accident and they were going to total the van but since the TM is attached to the van, they had to take into consideration the value of the van AND truckmount. They fixed the van. Which is good because the van and TM were in such good shape I could have never replaced them with what they would have given me.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
No I have a ETM so no truck mount. I doubt they will fix it.
It’s leaking a little. They have to fix it back to the way it was before the accident and don’t allow used parts. They already talked about if possible to send a email when issuing payment and how it will have to be towed to Phoenix. (3.5 hrs away)

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
If they do I won’t cry. It’s a 95 with the vacuum lines everywhere. Running terrible after the accident.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
If they do I won’t cry. It’s a 95 with the vacuum lines everywhere. Running terrible after the accident.
I have a 2002 GMC Savanna with 211K miles and 5846 hrs on CDS Hydramaster that runs well and the machine is a beast. I bought it used and it served as my back up.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Thanks Todd. I’m still in the beginning stages of the insurance claim. So I’m not sure what will happen. I do appreciate it.
Day 1 - file aclaim, day 2- insurance shall send an adjustor. If your van is a total loss, you should get check within a week.
I certainly hope so...

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
They don’t have a adjuster for 3 hrs from us :( I submitted pics to him via text message to save him a trip. We had so much bad weather with winter storms he’s backed up. I’m just hoping to make out ok. I really can’t afford another vehicle at the moment unless they treat me really well.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I really hope and think you can get a replacement van at an affordable price. With all do respect any year in the 2000"s would be better than the van you have damaged.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Day 1 - file aclaim, day 2- insurance shall send an adjustor. If your van is a total loss, you should get check within a week.
I certainly hope so...
Truck gets towed to a body shop that works for insurance co. Who tells adjuster how much damage and estimated cost for repair. Then they decide if its a loss or not. My car burned up and they still pulled it into the body shop for estimate even though interior and engine compartment were gone. They still needed estimate. But yes i had check for more then i paid for it lol within less then 2 weeks of it happening. Used statefarm.

Reactions: Luky

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Naw, that’s the normal world. Lol Our world they won’t even send a adjuster. They just asked me for pics. Nobody wants to come 3 plus hours to look at my wreck. Lol They don’t have a body shop approved for our town even.
2000 model year or better would be sweet.....

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Looks like a total, and $2000 more then I paid :)
If anyone knows of any good van deals please let me know.
Willing to travel for a great deal.