randyg6224

Jan 1, 2011
Green Bay, WI
www.newsolidsurfacecleaning.com
Real Name
Randy Grygiel
Business Location
United States
Had to clean my in-laws tile & grout floors yesterday. It was 5 degrees outside. Backed my truck-mount into the garage, left door open about 3'. Opened back door for cross air, even had a air mover set up behind the TM to blow exhaust out garage door. After about 1 1/2 hours started feeling a little dizzy, getting a headache. Kept asking the in-laws and my helper how they felt, they said fine. I was the one going back and forth to turn the TM up & down. 30 minutes later I knew something was wrong, very dizzy, then down I went. Next thing I knew they were pulling me up and getting me to fresh air. Finally started to feel better after 10 -15 minutes. I feel very lucky!!

I thought I had enough cross ventilation, boy was I wrong. Just like most of you, I've read about the accidents happening with carbon monoxide. And yet I still let it happen to me! So please be careful, I was lucky I was able to get up off the floor. Thanks for reading

Randy

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Holy cow, you are lucky. CM is bad stuff. It sticks to the blood cells taking the place of the oxygen that normally attaches itself to the cells. That is why it sneaks up on you. You gradually get tired and the next thing you know, you are passed out then dead. It takes hours sometimes days for the CM to work its way out of the blood and that is why the affects of it can be felt for so long. I am glad you are ok.

Reactions: Troyster

Steve Toburen

Strategies for Success
Jul 15, 2008
Santiago, Dominican Republic
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com
Real Name
Steve Toburen
Business Location
Dominican Republic
I thought I had enough cross ventilation, boy was I wrong. Just like most of you, I've read about the accidents happening with carbon monoxide. And yet I still let it happen to me! So please be careful, I was lucky I was able to get up off the floor. Thanks for reading
Wow, Randy, here I was thinking you were smart and all! We TALKED about this at SFS and there is a major procedure on carbon monoxide in the "Safety" section of your Operations Manual. I'm glad you didn't wake up dead!

Steve

PS So if you won't crack your Ops Manual at least click HERE for a free and no-register-required download. (You don't need to be a SFS graduate to access this very important information.)

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
I'm glad you ok but C'mon man!!!

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
Why would you ever need to run your machine inside the garage!? Doesn't matter how cold it is... the machine will be fine if it's running. I've run my truckmount in -20F and nothing freezes etc. No reason to ever run it inside a closed space... way too dangerous.

Troyster

Apr 24, 2013
Terrace BC
Real Name
Troy Sims
Business Location
Canada
Glad you made it out ok Randy! And thank god you had someone with you or you wouldn't be typing this story right now! That's why I am glad I use an electric portable > worse that can happen is I get electrocuted and if that happens I hear BBQ monkey tastes like beef! Pity the fool who is late to the BBQ though and gets stuck with the rump roast!
monkeys ass.jpg

jbc71

Jun 21, 2013
Real Name
jeffrey charles
Smh

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Joski

Aug 20, 2013
Green Bay, WI
Real Name
Marty Joski
Business Location
United States
I am really glad to hear you are ok !
But after all of the recent discussions on this topic the only response I can think of , without offending you too much is , WOW ! Really ? When are you guys going to realize you absolutely can not park a running machine of any sort inside of an inclosed building ! Even if the doors are Wide Open !!!!! You are extremely lucky !

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

jstrohmeyer

Sep 30, 2013
Sounds like slot of trouble to clean for your in laws. I would hope they could have waited for you to service them on a warmer day. Glad you're ok my friend. I will need you around to help me with those large commercial jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
COMON BRO!! You could've just parked close to the garage and close the garage door over the hoses, if you were that paranoid. But I don't even recommend that.

Enough with the lecturing guys. He knows better and he was humble enough to tell us his mistake on here, knowing that we would harass him

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
COMON BRO!! You could've just parked close to the garage and close the garage door over the hoses, if you were that paranoid. But I don't even recommend that.

Enough with the lecturing guys. He knows better and he was humble enough to tell us his mistake on here, knowing that we would harass him
Better to harass than to mourn the loss. Let him take his lumps. He deserves it.