Premium VIP
Aug 17, 2012
Naples, Fl.
bravocarpetandtilecleaning.com
Real Name
Vito Trupiano
Business Location
United States
Hydro-Force 2" Flash Cuff look to be a high quality cuff. I do not trust mytee cuff. are they any good. or should I go for the flash cuff. I like the swirl joint and push button. and they claim the inside dia is the same as the hose. where mytee has a lot of quality control issue.

alexccds

May 25, 2013
Central Coast New South Wales
google.com.au
Real Name
Alex
Business Location
Australia
Hydro-Force 2" Flash Cuff look to be a high quality cuff. I do not trust mytee cuff. are they any good. or should I go for the flash cuff. I like the swirl joint and push button. and they claim the inside dia is the same as the hose. where mytee has a lot of quality control issue.
Flash cuff are my choice. Tip would be keep internal connection clean and grease them regularly. They come slightly greased. Once they have a slight air leak I put a very thin layer of silicon in the internals of the female cuffs. Sad part is my supplier here in Australia says they are not making /importing them any more.

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
My Mytee Cuff Lynx work just fine for me. They are all I use. They did some kind of redesign a year or so on them.
I have one set of those to connect my two 50's. Never had a problem. Swivels nice and easy. Never tangles around that connection anyway. lol.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Reactions: tonyb14

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Flash cuffs are the toughest cuffs ever made and never come apart when you dont want them to....those two things alone make them the obvious choice....however a few things to note they do have a rubber O-ring inside the female which you will suck into your filter if you disconnect them while the truckmount is going.... I learned that here on tmf didnt know about it until all my o rings were long gone...lol And second they will not fully thread onto almost every blue hose I have seen them on....which has been at least 4 or 5 different rigs with blue hose from various sources.... they will only thread about an inch onto the hose....its enough to hold but it,s not ideal.... These cuffs will fully thread onto higher quality hose such as the grey tufflex hose.... Im so sick of blue hose I wanna hurl....give me the tufflex hose all day...

Suction Junkie

Feb 24, 2011
Chicago Illinois
Real Name
Reuben Brumby
Business Location
United States
I have been using mytee cuffs for 3 years now and I just bought 2 flash cuffs. .. I will be switching all of my cuffs to flash cuffs. They swivel so easily, I installed them about 5 feet from the wand. No kinks, just straight hose. They disconnect much quicker too

Vito

Bravo Carpet and Tile Cleaning
Premium VIP
Aug 17, 2012
Naples, Fl.
bravocarpetandtilecleaning.com
Real Name
Vito Trupiano
Business Location
United States
Flash cuffs are the toughest cuffs ever made and never come apart when you dont want them to....those two things alone make them the obvious choice....however a few things to note they do have a rubber O-ring inside the female which you will suck into your filter if you disconnect them while the truckmount is going.... I learned that here on tmf didnt know about it until all my o rings were long gone...lol And second they will not fully thread onto almost every blue hose I have seen them on....which has been at least 4 or 5 different rigs with blue hose from various sources.... they will only thread about an inch onto the hose....its enough to hold but it,s not ideal.... These cuffs will fully thread onto higher quality hose such as the grey tufflex hose.... Im so sick of blue hose I wanna hurl....give me the tufflex hose all day...
john they do not go all the way into the hose. is that what your saying do they unscrew themselves like the vinyl cuff do.

Paul Selby

Apr 26, 2013
South Central........Tennessee
Real Name
Paul Selby
Business Location
United States

They do thread all the way onto HydroForce's Super TM hose. The reason the o-rings are coming out is because the hose is supposed to actually go all the way to them, which 'locks' them in.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
They do thread all the way onto HydroForce's Super TM hose. The reason the o-rings are coming out is because the hose is supposed to actually go all the way to them, which 'locks' them in.
so in other words when distributors sell them with other incorrectly sized hose they are actually pretty much ruining your flash cuffs and you should demand new flash cuffs and the correct hose?

Paul Selby

Apr 26, 2013
Real Name
Paul Selby
Business Location
United States
so in other words when distributors sell them with other incorrectly sized hose they are actually pretty much ruining your flash cuffs and you should demand new flash cuffs and the correct hose?

You try to be a little more diplomatic, lol. What I would do is ask them to thread the cuff they are selling you, all the way onto the hose they are selling you.
Ask them why they don't sell the SuperTm.
The hose I was referring to is the AH24

http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AH24&ref=cab

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
You try to be a little more diplomatic, lol. What I would do is ask them to thread the cuff they are selling you, all the way onto the hose they are selling you.
Ask them why they don't sell the SuperTm.
The hose I was referring to is the AH24

http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AH24&ref=cab
Yeah diplomacy isnt one of my finer points....this being the case I think jon don actually owes mike a new set of flash cuffs along with correctly threaded hose... we are talking about something as simple as using the correct hose with the cuffs they sell....not exactly rocket science if they dont thread correctly something aint right...derp...

Paul Selby

Apr 26, 2013
Real Name
Paul Selby
Business Location
United States

One of the major selling points on the flash cuff is that they don't have air restrictions. If the hose doesn't thread all the way into the cuff, you get a pooling action between the end of the cuff and the end of the hose. Kinda defeats the purpose of making the cuff the same I.D. as the hose.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
One of the major selling points on the flash cuff is that they don't have air restrictions. If the hose doesn't thread all the way into the cuff, you get a pooling action between the end of the cuff and the end of the hose. Kinda defeats the purpose of making the cuff the same I.D. as the hose.
not to mention the style hose they are designed to work with have a smooth interior which allows water to flow more freely compared to the ribbed style interior....

Paul Selby

Apr 26, 2013
Real Name
Paul Selby
Business Location
United States
Yeah diplomacy isnt one of my finer points....this being the case I think jon don actually owes mike a new set of flash cuffs along with correctly threaded hose... we are talking about something as simple as using the correct hose with the cuffs they sell....not exactly rocket science if they dont thread correctly something aint right...derp...

I understand on the diplomatic issues, but I see it from both sides of the sales counter. The person ordering the parts may just not be educated on the issue.

Reactions: john gerding