Canceled job this morning | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Canceled job this morning

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Had a canceled job this morning and I knew he was going to cancel.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
I tried to keep a few jobs available to fill in when I got a cancellation. These would be empty homes for real estate or empty apartments. Also when I was booked more than 1 week out, which was pretty common, I would offer folks the first available opening. When I got a cancellation or finished a job earlier than expected, I would call someone from my "first available" waiting list.

This did not work for everyone's schedule and circumstances, but it helped fill the blanks in the schedule and kept some from finding another cleaner because they wanted some job done ASAP.

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
Had a canceled job this morning and I knew he was going to cancel.
Did you try and reschedule him or did you just say "okay, thank you..."

Reactions: Kyle8

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
I tried to keep a few jobs available to fill in when I got a cancellation. These would be empty homes for real estate or empty apartments. Also when I was booked more than 1 week out, which was pretty common, I would offer folks the first available opening. When I got a cancellation or finished a job earlier than expected, I would call someone from my "first available" waiting list.

This did not work for everyone's schedule and circumstances, but it helped fill the blanks in the schedule and kept some from finding another cleaner because they wanted some job done ASAP.
Ended up doing my Thursday morning job.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Win some and lose some. key is just winning more than you lose over time.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
He is kinda cheap so I didn't lol
I have customers that came across as cheap at the beginning but once they see the quality difference between us and cheap cleaners they have been loyal customers willing to pay our rates.

groutguy

Mar 9, 2008
Fredericksburg Virginia
pristinepete.com
Real Name
Peter Diehl
Business Location
United States
We always stay busy, so every once and a while we welcome a cancellation, kind of like the break I need. I especially like it when a cancellation allows me to sleep late or get off early. The only time I hate a cancellation is when it's the middle job and you have to kill a couple of hours, aimlessly wandering around retail stores, or taking the cancellation anger out on a couple of bags of golf balls.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
We always stay busy, so every once and a while we welcome a cancellation, kind of like the break I need. I especially like it when a cancellation allows me to sleep late or get off early. The only time I hate a cancellation is when it's the middle job and you have to kill a couple of hours, aimlessly wandering around retail stores, or taking the cancellation anger out on a couple of bags of golf balls.
Down here in Houston they have huge Fishing Tackle stores geared for salt water stuff so that's where I gravitate to when stuff cancels on me

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Sounds like fun to me the golf part

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Down here in Houston they have huge Fishing Tackle stores geared for salt water stuff so that's where I gravitate to when stuff cancels on me
I really like Texas. Only been once but best food in the states IMO

Magnum Clean

Oct 9, 2014
Real Name
Andrew N.
Cancellations are fine, thats when its time to go home and attack the never ending to- do list, or tinker with those little equipment maintenance things you never get around to (can do this between jobs), or learn more about your livelihood on TMF.

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
I don't know how many states you have eaten in, but most all of them have something better than Utah's lime Jell-o and funeral potatoes. :)
We got some really good fry sauce also

Kevin Lietz

Dec 9, 2016
Ogden, UT
www.revolutionfloorcare.com
Real Name
Kevin Lietz
Business Location
United States
Sounds like fun to me the golf part
Let me find out you golf Kyle!!!!! Funny you started this post, I think the Utah market is prone to cancellations. Ive only been operating a month or two and Ive heard everything under the sun... "my mother-in-law died," "my truck broke down", "our dog died"... i really wish people would just be honest and forthright... finding out the night before (Or even worse off when the SOBs dont even respond to a confirmation message) really screws your schedule. Then its just time to start beating down doors and handing out flyers. If you cant make money now, do something that will make you money in the future.