Can you add an auto fill/dump?

TheButler

Sep 11, 2010
Delaware
Real Name
Allen Johnson
Business Location
United States
I see where you can add in-line heaters, and add more suction, but what about a porty that doesn't have an auto fill / auto dump. Is there one that can be added or is this something added by the manufacturer when the machine is built?

And if so, can you point me to where I can review and research these.

Thanks in advance.

Allen
The Butler Did It...Cleaning Services, LLC

TConway

Premium VIP
Oct 28, 2009
Redding,Ca.
www.simplycleancarpetredding.com
Real Name
Thomas Conway
Business Location
United States
You can add both. back when I had a porty I added a auto fill pretty simple I believe I used a float like on a swamp cooler and adapted it to take a garden hose. As far as a pump out we just added one to my TM. It has been working great. Cost under 100 bucks. For a porty you can use a 120v submersable pump set at bottom of tank and plumb it out. If you dont prefilter your waste water before intering the tank you will have to make a screen so that you dont suck up the chunky debris in your pump. I got all my stuff a Harbor Frieght Tools.

Reactions: Voxbrethren

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Olympus and Hydraforce sell both an auto fill kit which includes chemical metering and an auto dump kit. Both will fit any machine if there is physically enough room for the pumps.

They are also an option for any of the Olympus portable extractors. Standard on the M1200 Olympus extractor.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
No photos because it is just pumps and hardware plus instructions on how to put it together. It may fit differently on different mahcines due to the size and shape.

If you purchase the auto-fill or auto dump at the same time as a machine, you can request it to be installed. Ther is no additional charge for the install.

AUTO FILL/CHEMICAL METERING Suggested price $345.
Item No. M012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hook to the hot water faucet and have a continuous feed to your machine for non-stop cleaning. Includes a chemical metering system so measuring cups are a thing of the past.

Includes:
50' low pressure water fill hose
Dema Chemical metering system
All hardware

AUTO WASTE PUMP OUT FOR OLYMPUS Can be fit to any machine with necessary space Suggested Price $416.
Item No. M016
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No more bucket brigades with this powerful APO. It's so powerful it even functions for flood restoration.

Includes:
20 gallon per minute, high volume pump (works at around 10-15 GPM under working load)
50' of 3/4" waste dump hose

Sarrik

Sep 23, 2010
WI
www.sarrikclean.com
Real Name
Eirik Nelson
Business Location
United States
Does the pump out hose go into the toilet? And the auto feed, I suppose you'd need different adapters depending on where you are getting water?

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Or you could use buckets and garden hose as I did (and many others)till you build up the capital to afford these "luxurys".
More efficient with APO and AF ? YES Clean the carpets better ? NO
My recovery tank and solution tanks each hold 15 gallons .
JIM

Sarrik

Sep 23, 2010
WI
www.sarrikclean.com
Real Name
Eirik Nelson
Business Location
United States
Or you could use buckets and garden hose as I did (and many others)till you build up the capital to afford these "luxurys".
More efficient with APO and AF ? YES Clean the carpets better ? NO
My recovery tank and solution tanks each hold 15 gallons .
JIM

Yeah, my tanks hold 15 as well, but it would be nice to loose the buckets and save some time on larger jobs.

So I'm pretty new with the porty, so I want to be sure I'm spending my $$$ wisely. I currently have a stock EDIC Galaxt Pro 2700 CX-HR and the Heat N' Run heater...

http://www.edic-usa.com/index.php/products/box-extractors/galaxy-pro-2700/2700cx-hr.html
http://www.edic-usa.com/index.php/heat-n-run.html

What comes next? Auto dump/fill? Air Hog? RX-20? Something else?

Thanks for the advice, y'all!!!

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
What are you're plans? Do you want to run the Edic from van? I (as well as others) have a ton of ideas to help you out, just need a lil' more info...unless I got lazy and didn't read it up top?

Sarrik

Sep 23, 2010
WI
www.sarrikclean.com
Real Name
Eirik Nelson
Business Location
United States
Until I found this forum a few days ago, I never considered running it from the van. That would be amazing! At the very least, I'd like to be able to run 100' for hose so I can leave it in one room for most of the job. Also, I'd love to be able to get away fro the buckets, but the idea of running a hose from the sink, another to the toilet, and then the electrical cords... seems a bit much IMO.

Looks like Jim has everything coming right from the trailer? Running a generator in there too? Where is the fresh water coming from and the waste water going?

Sorry for the rookie questions ;-) Spent my early days working in bright yellow vans with nice TMs. The pories only came out for the jobs we couldn't reach with the TM.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Sarrik,
I mainly use customers power (2 cords), but do have generator if needed. APO to 35 gallon waste tank in bed of pickup or to customers yard etc. with permission. On commercial to sanitary sewer. Still use 5 gallon bucket a lot on small jobs.
35 gallon fresh water tank (tractor supply) mounted in trailer. Using pump from Recoil to draw water.
Always have worked from trailer,never taking Recoil inside to date !
JIM

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Great thread, even if it is 3 years old. Thanks guys for the info.

OxieGreen

Jan 7, 2015
Real Name
Issa Hoker
So what would be the difference/advantage/disadvantagebetween these porties set up and a Steamin Demon?
Olympus and Hydraforce sell both an auto fill kit which includes chemical metering and an auto dump kit. Both will fit any machine if there is physically enough room for the pumps.

They are also an option for any of the Olympus portable extractors. Standard on the M1200 Olympus extractor.
what would

OxieGreen

Jan 7, 2015
Real Name
Issa Hoker
I've been looking at the Steamin Demon because it is light enough and small enough to fit my car and I like that it is set up with auto fill and auto dump with a powerful vacuum only inches from the carpet. So what would be the adv/disadvantage between a Steamin Demon and a portable that has auto fill and dump? In other words, why would you favor one over the other?

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
I've been looking at the Steamin Demon because it is light enough and small enough to fit my car and I like that it is set up with auto fill and auto dump with a powerful vacuum only inches from the carpet. So what would be the adv/disadvantage between a Steamin Demon and a portable that has auto fill and dump? In other words, why would you favor one over the other?
Rob has one for sale if you're interested in used.

Reactions: OxieGreen

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Rob does have a Steamin' Demon you could get at a great price.

The Steamin' Demon has no water pressure other than whatever water pressure form the tap happens to be. So it will not work with in-line type sprayers. It also uses a lot of water and can be difficult to rig up method to get hot water.

Steamin' Demon must be connected to faucet and drain. Portable can work without connection to faucet and drain if needed.

Reactions: OxieGreen