Can this be cleaned? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Can this be cleaned?

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Long story short. I worked in a building yesterday cleaning a condo. I happen to get talking to the building superintendent and he mentions he isn't happy with a certain 'Dry' franchise as the last time they cleaned he came in after with a towel and picked up dirt off the carpet. So, he wants an estimate...

An estimate for the ground/entry level where the elevators are as they are the most soiled. And, an estimate for the 7 floors above including the ground level.

If you don't know I am new to the industry but my confidence in my cleaning is growing but I don't think I've ever cleaned this kind of carpet.

If you guys are willing could you help me verify what kind of carpet this is (ground floor looks different than above floors) and if I might be able to get a good result? Because if I take the job I would like to be able to actually make it look clean. The super states he doesn't care about dry times just wants it to look clean.

Thanks in advance for any help that is offered.

ground level.jpeg
ground level 1.jpeg
ground level close up.jpeg
halls above.jpeg
floors above.jpeg
floors above closeup.jpg

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Can't ID a fiber from a picture. Burn test or chemical test are the only sure fiber identifications. They are synthetic fibers. The ground floor one looks like printing over a continuous dye dye. The swirls may clean off if the agitation and chemistry is too aggressive. Check an inconspicuous area first.

A key to results will be how much soil is deeper in the pile and can you reach it. Vacuum very well. Consider a two step approach on the ground floor. HWE cleaning first followed by encapsulation with your CRB. I would try Encapuclean O2 unless odor is an issues. Encapuclean Green DS will also do well but with no odor issues.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
Not too sure on the ground floor carpet but it looks like it should clean up well even with a prespray in the 8.5-9.5 range. Might still see the traffic lanes a bit though just from wear. The upstairs ones look like 2x2 carpet tiles from what seams I can see so those will clean up very well and should be able to handle a bit rougher prespray. CRB on both should be fine but I definitely agree with Scott on the 2 step approach for the ground floor. Upper floors could possibly be done using encapsulation only unless the traffic lanes look worse in person. Just run a few tests and see what looks best.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Long story short. I worked in a building yesterday cleaning a condo. I happen to get talking to the building superintendent and he mentions he isn't happy with a certain 'Dry' franchise as the last time they cleaned he came in after with a towel and picked up dirt off the carpet. So, he wants an estimate...

An estimate for the ground/entry level where the elevators are as they are the most soiled. And, an estimate for the 7 floors above including the ground level.

If you don't know I am new to the industry but my confidence in my cleaning is growing but I don't think I've ever cleaned this kind of carpet.

If you guys are willing could you help me verify what kind of carpet this is (ground floor looks different than above floors) and if I might be able to get a good result? Because if I take the job I would like to be able to actually make it look clean. The super states he doesn't care about dry times just wants it to look clean.

Thanks in advance for any help that is offered.
I think , any of described areas can be cleaned with a success. Drying times will depend on method and/or equipment being used, but mostly how diligently you'll work on project.
To return the question and ease your mind, take a look at this.
I have to confess that I'm not too eager to show after picture.
You'll be fine with any type of cleaning method. Are you using any secret products or just regular Bridgestone, Prochem, Chemspec chemistry? Do not overthink every job, sometimes light neutral prespray and few wand strokes will resolve the issue. I wouldn't worry much about chemistry, I don't believe that condos have enough money to lay wall to wall carpet. Even so, there are so many safe products for wool carpeting. I like to use Fine fabric shampoo by Prochem and Oxy clean. No browning situations, guaranteed. Learn, practice, repeat...

Attachments

• 20190609_144034.jpg
    20190609_144034.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke