Can sites do well without using spammy techniques?

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Just helping the TMF homies out.. ;)
With all the Horror stories about our members paying Hard earned money for SEO service only to have them not only Do them no good but In Fact Screw their rankings up, I think it's time for a Disclaimer those Jerks need to sign that will put them on the Noose shall they do so?

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
Hmmmm - funny - I have a guy by me that is ranking like crazy for mold. Like a 60 mile radius in towns that he probably can't even find. His site is full of (pretty much) dup content. Total crap. Hmmmm? Backlinks still work - have to be used correctly and be good links. Got a Russian blog network behind you - bye bye!

Mojo Rising

Premium VIP
May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
Google is always closing that gap so its always best to play by the rules.. google gives you the rules and regulations they want for website ranking, just follow them and add content that applies to what you do. Fresh original content will always be KING..

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
Google is always closing that gap so its always best to play by the rules.. google gives you the rules and regulations they want for website ranking, just follow them and add content that applies to what you do. Fresh original content will always be KING..
And then they change the rules!

Hmmmm - funny - I have a guy by me that is ranking like crazy for mold. Like a 60 mile radius in towns that he probably can't even find. His site is full of (pretty much) dup content. Total crap. Hmmmm? Backlinks still work - have to be used correctly and be good links. Got a Russian blog network behind you - bye bye!
Yeah it's gonna be funny when his website get banned to. I try to run all aspects of my business without the "spammer" shortcut mentality, If it takes it a little longer or involves more work so be it, at least your playing by the rules and keeping your dignity. It's all fun and games until you get caught. lol.
http://www.wilmingtoncarpetcare.com

Reactions: aloha one

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
Yeah it's gonna be funny when his website get banned to. I try to run all aspects of my business without the "spammer" shortcut mentality, If it takes it a little longer or involves more work so be it, at least your playing by the rules and keeping your dignity. It's all fun and games until you get caught. lol.
http://www.wilmingtoncarpetcare.com
Thing is - this company has been ranking like mad forever!

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
So I'm still wrapping my head around "the rating game sponsored by google." So they have created a need (evidently a must have for many) to hold the top spot in their rankings. A top ranking means? The busiest website? More hits? Views? Customer satisfaction scores? Combination of?
Do you pay google to get a better score? Or is that what the Seo company does?
I totally get that this is a new age with marketing print media through the newspaper, phone book and Tv guide being almost obsolete because that isn't where the customers go any longer. So now instead of spending 600.00 a month or so a nice yellow page ad you spend it on SEO? I'm skeptical because google seems to prosper best by changing the rules. SEO ranking is a pretty low priority for me at this moment but I still see it moving up the list if I expand my territory.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
So I'm still wrapping my head around "the rating game sponsored by google." So they have created a need (evidently a must have for many) to hold the top spot in their rankings. A top ranking means? The busiest website? More hits? Views? Customer satisfaction scores? Combination of?
Do you pay google to get a better score? Or is that what the Seo company does?
I totally get that this is a new age with marketing print media through the newspaper, phone book and Tv guide being almost obsolete because that isn't where the customers go any longer. So now instead of spending 600.00 a month or so a nice yellow page ad you spend it on SEO? I'm skeptical because google seems to prosper best by changing the rules. SEO ranking is a pretty low priority for me at this moment but I still see it moving up the list if I expand my territory.
Google drives me CRAZY! After being on Page one for years..just looked and have no idea where i went?