Can anyone help me on this floor?

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
We have used both the diamond back pads and also just bought a new stiff nylon brush for the 175 . I didn't see much difference between the two. The brush may be a little better but not by much. As far as a sand screen, I have not tried that yet but has been a thought. I may just have to go get some and try Shane.

If you do try it use a softer pad to hold it in place.

[email protected]

May 12, 2012
Kansas
Real Name
Tom Binyon
Business Location
United States
Yeah - I was thinking a small test area just to help determine what one would need to do to get to bare floor. As you said, they probably wouldn't pay for a very aggressive alternative, but it at least frames the problem. Keep us posted.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

[email protected]

May 12, 2012
Kansas
Real Name
Tom Binyon
Business Location
United States
The contractor was called and they said that this is what was put on the floor. They said it was a product called J25. I have a call in to chasephipps company so hopefully they will call back tomorrow. We will see what they say.

Great job following through. I look forward to learning more as you move along with this process.

RoyS

May 26, 2011
Real Name
Roy Sanders
Tom, as you have read I have a call in to the products company but I am also going to call the concrete plant where the concrete came from and talk to them as well. As of right now the contractor has said the only way to get the kure n seal up is either to bead blast it or use acid.

Until I am certain I know what is going on here I am going to continue digging in on this. I know bead blasting is out of the question regardless if it is the sealer or not. This has been the year for things no one has ever come across before for me. But if I can get ahold of this then it should be a good payday.

[email protected]

May 12, 2012
Kansas
Real Name
Tom Binyon
Business Location
United States
I was thinking about your dilemma and some of the stuff I've come across this year while going through a construction zone today. I look over at this dude with this flame throwing apparatus strapped to back burning the old stripes off the concrete. I said to myself, self, I wonder if that approach would work? Everything has a melting point.

waxman

Jun 23, 2008
Long Island
Real Name
Vincenzo
Business Location
United States
Try using citrol from ncl. Put it in a pump sprayer mist it on let it sit do not dilute it then scrud it will remove even the tire marks from the forklifts. We have done this in sealed concrete and removed all ink marks etc without damage to the sealer.

Citrol is a strong citrus cleaner.

BESJohn

Dec 5, 2011
South Carolina
Real Name
John Pence, Jr.
Business Location
United States
I second the NCL Citrol. Had a construction cleanup with finished concrete floors. They sprayed fire retardant insulation on the ceilings and were supposed to cover all finished concrete, but didn't. Citrol was the only thing that would take it up, and I diluted it pretty good. You couldn't even scrape this stuff off.

RoyS

May 26, 2011
Real Name
Roy Sanders
027.JPG
028.JPG
024.JPG
025.JPG
UPDATE: I started on this floor the other night using their product PowerClean. Here are the components on the MSDS sheet. Dipropylene glycol methyl ether, Monoethanolamine, and Nonionic Surfacant. This stuff will eat the bottoms of your boot. I stepped in an area that had this down and stood there for a minute and had to pry my boot off of the floor.

I bought a couple of nylon brush heads for my 175's and actually a black stripping pad works better. My process is to prespray a path the width of the autoscrubber I rented about 30' in length and then go over it with the autoscrubber on the slowest speed. This stuff dries really fast so there basically is no dwell time. Just long enough time to put down the pump up sprayer and walk to the scrubber. It is doing a pretty good job but it just takes a long time. I was there for 8 hours and only got about 2500 sq.ft. done.

Here are some pics of the difference. Again I am not sure what exactly is on the floor but this cleaner is the only thing that I have found that will touch it.

RoyS

May 26, 2011
Real Name
Roy Sanders
This place makes coin wrappers, napkin band holders and a few other things. The also do some printing on some of these items to. This photo is of an area that just would not cooperate. I am not sure what I am going to do about this yet. I first thought is was the machine until I went to another area and it cleaned up just fine.
026.JPG

[email protected]

May 12, 2012
Kansas
Real Name
Tom Binyon
Business Location
United States
Wow! That looks great. Custy should be thrilled was those results. BTW - this was in response to the first 4 pictures. The last picture above looks like the sludge is not completely coming up. Did you use the same process?"

RoyS

May 26, 2011
Real Name
Roy Sanders
Wow! That looks great. Custy should be thrilled was those results. BTW - this was in response to the first 4 pictures. The last picture above looks like the sludge is not completely coming up. Did you use the same process?"

Yes the same process as the other areas. I also wanted to add that I have went through about 80 gallon of this product with this process. I just got in another drum this morning. 50 gallons last night alone. About $700+ a drum.

I have a call into NCL about the Citrol a couple of people above mentioned. I am going to see if they will send me a 5 gallon sample. As far as the customer is concerned they are pretty pleased. Although I wish this stuff would take up some of the heavy forklift tire marks.