Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
As I’m traveling I’ve met cleaners who are in California who are buying 2-3 back up TM engines in preparation for the gas engine ban. They are ordering them and sending them to a neighboring state then traveling there to pick them up. What’s your thoughts on this?

PS:There is a big back up on many TM engines and the future doesn’t look any better. Think we should stock up on various items?

Attachments

• IMG_4070.jpg
    IMG_4070.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 8

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
As I’m traveling I’ve met cleaners who are in California who are buying 2-3 back up TM engines in preparation for the gas engine ban. They are ordering them and sending them to a neighboring state then traveling there to pick them up. What’s your thoughts on this?

PS:There is a big back up on many TM engines and the future doesn’t look any better. Think we should stock up on various items?
I was told by the JD service department not long ago that all the major manufacturers were having issues and engines were a major one. For example, I was told if you wanted to buy a certain truck mount which I will not name, it might take as much as 6 months to get it. I was actually considering getting a new one and found out the price for just an average mid-level machine would be almost 30 grand installed WITH NO EXTRAS such as a water tank, reel, etc. That was the machine ONLY with like a 23 hp Briggs & Stratton. I declined since I know a rip-off when I see it. Anyway, if you can find a source for certain engines it certainly would not be a bad idea to get some or you might find yourself hanging in the wind. I was told btw, that some of the companies that make small engines were SHUT DOWN during the plandemic and have a big backup of orders. There may be other parts involved, but engines were causing the most problems I think.

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
Wonder why they are having them sent to a different state at this time? The restrictions are years away.
Fear is probably driving the thought process of many CC's in CA. Fact, I am entering my 36th year and have purchased 3 TM's for different reasons but none were because the engine was dying. I admit I am anal about maintenance so maybe that's saved me an engine or two.
I wonder what damage you would cause by buying an engine and having it sit for years before you might need it?
Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: sbsscn

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Wonder why they are having them sent to a different state at this time? The restrictions are years away.
Fear is probably driving the thought process of many CC's in CA. Fact, I am entering my 36th year and have purchased 3 TM's for different reasons but none were because the engine was dying. I admit I am anal about maintenance so maybe that's saved me an engine or two.
I wonder what damage you would cause by buying an engine and having it sit for years before you might need it?
Just my 2 cents.
Correct me if im wrong. But doesn’t this go into effect 2024?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Just my 2 cents.
Already many manufacturers have stopped selling certain models in California.

Reactions: SRD

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I wouldnt worry too much about it.

Im in California and whenever I hear of any distributor or supplier talking this was, I just DO NOT worry,
Not that I wont take note or serious, I just dont worry.

The word of God tells us to not worry to much about today for tomorrow has many more issues.

In California Yes, the law has been approved to stop certain small engines used for end product.

However, any small engine that is already in the hands of an owner will be grandfathered. Meaning that You wont loose your engine. As long as the MFG is still in production and the parts still available then You shouldnt worry too much.

If I were many of you I would become very familiar on Engines and particularly very familiar with your engine.
that way if you find yourself in need of a experienced technician shortage

You will be allowed to make repairs. Nothing wrong with having a spare engine BUT You must understand Engine are meant to be operated not being stored for years until needed.

I would build a great relationship with a good machine shop.
Most of the engines can be rebuilt. Any TM that uses a 4 cylinder engine water cooled does not need to worry
those engines can be rebuilt. Unless you have a whole or an engine that has exploded I wouldnt worry.

For me when I hear fear and paranoia All I really see is a form of pushing panic. When there is panic there is INFLATION!

Inflation is great for distributors and suppliers and
horrible for suckers,

Dont be a sucker!

Reactions: Sapphire Steamer

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
THe only models that have become obsolete are models that never had popularity.

Kohler and Briggs, Honda are 3 major MFG's that wont be going away anytime soon.

And lets say that they do go away.

Life will not end, why should any of us worry?

Portables and electric powered extractors will be our back up.

I dont worry because thank God, He WILL PROVIDE for us!

Sapphire Steamer

Feb 13, 2011
CA
Real Name
Bret Furtado
Business Location
United States
I'm also in California, have a Titan 575, honestly not worried at all either. I talked to my distributor and they said the engine on my machine will likely never go out, said he's never seen one go out before. They literally run forever. They can always be repaired or rebuilt, or can get creative if needing to order a new one. I just feel bad for the companies like my distributor that sells the machines, because they will only be able to sell certain models or the big engine machines. I'm hoping this doesn't affect them because we need these guys around to fix and maintain these machines and sell chemicals. But I doubt it will be a big issue for them, they don't sell a ton of new TM's anyway, surely the bulk of their business is chemicals and repairs. Shout out to ProLine, they are amazing folks there.