1. Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP

Apr 23, 2013
    Male
    Windsor, California
    Ratings:
    +20,776 / 81 / -0
    Last post, kids...
    Been fun but we've lost too many members who actually excersise their brain cells...

Canuck Grant rarely posts... Kip is gone... as is guys like Bobby Mid and Deron....
    As cool as Mike Guare and Big Sexy are.... they can't keep this place afloat.
    I'll still check in with FB TMF but TMF proper has lost too many guys who actually had something truthful or interesting to say....
    Camacho....out!...
    Best of luck, cock knockers....

2. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff Member Moderator Premium VIP

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,686 / 84 / -0
    Thanks for the announcement :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kingdomcome84

Kingdomcome84 Active Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +302 / 1 / -0
    Many on here looked up to you as one of the leaders. Don't be a follower

• Like Like x 2
  4. rob allen

rob allen Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Top Poster of Month

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +27,104 / 85 / -0
    Going to miss you Mike. I'm a member on several workout, cars and other industry forums. It's the nature of forums for people to come and go. When I check in I don't recognize many at other forums. We will miss you Mike. Been a pleasure.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Harry Mullett

Premium VIP

Dec 29, 2009
    Idaho
    Ratings:
    +4,075 / 23 / -4
    You have got to admit the quality of the posters & posts has really shifted. Hardly any super knowledgeable people posting regularly any more. Not sure of the reason but it is something a forum owner should take a long hard look at if they want to stay relevant in the forum world.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Ken Raddon

Ken Raddon Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Male
    Owner/Operator
    UT
    Ratings:
    +1,396 / 8 / -0
    I have never understood the reasons for checking out when deciding to not visit a forum any longer. With that said... if you don't find what you want here good bye.

I come here for what I can contribute as much as I do to gain. So if you can't stay as a contributor either then I hope you find your dream forum.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Scott W

Scott W Preferred Vendor
    Premium VIP

Feb 14, 2006
    Technical support Bridgepoint
    West Jordan, UT
    Ratings:
    +10,239 / 11 / -1
    With technical posts from Mama Fen, Todd, Shane Dubell, Tom Forsythe and others, I find it hard to believe that all the folks "who actually exercise their brain cells" have gone.

Sorry to see you go, Mike. I often enjoyed your posts.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  8. Harry Mullett

Premium VIP

Dec 29, 2009
    Idaho
    Ratings:
    +4,075 / 23 / -4
    Are you on the same TMF I am? Rarely do I see Shane, Todd, post let alone all the others that helped make TMF good. Heck we have not seen your counterpart from Jon Don posting in months. If I was an advertiser on TMF I would really want to make sure the post quality, volume and number of viewers stayed consistent to the money I am spending.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Jose Holguin

Premium VIP

Oct 20, 2012
    Male
    Vail, CO
    Ratings:
    +9,941 / 45 / -0
    What I've been saying for a long long time. See ya on the Facebooks.

10. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,686 / 84 / -0
    This is a funny thread if you think about it. Camacho is knowledgeable and helpful when he wants to be but also has a posting style that rubs many the wrong way. We all know that Mike has posted about putting guys on ignore and doesn't like talking business with others that have a different business model. Some times addition by subtracting works out, members will come and go but there will always be guys that rise up and contribute. It's easy to get burned out posting on forums and we all need to take a break every now and then.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Spotless Flooring

Spotless Flooring Active Member

May 9, 2013
    Male
    Owner/Operator of Spotless Flooring
    Southeast Houston
    Ratings:
    +352 / 3 / -0
    Facebook is helpful but not where real knowledge is shared. Posts get pushed down quickly and forgotten. That's why I recently came back to the forum.

I've watched TMF change a lot since I started back in 12'. This place went from a great central head point for great knowledge to being used as a marketing and $ tool.

I'm wondering if there is any forum that the industry experts moved to? You know, the guys who have real knowledge and share if for the sake of sharing instead of sharing to make a buck.

Also, who posts that they are leaving a forum???

• Like Like x 3
  12. rob allen

rob allen Administrator

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +27,104 / 85 / -0
    It's a cycle. Social networks have made inroads due to speed, on all types forums. Our TMF FB page is strong, very strong. The main thing that separates the two is the sheer volume of searchable knowledge found on forum. Cant tell you how many PM's we get from people saying they lurk for 6-12 months just reading and studying. Our numbers have actually started to rebound on forum. We are working on newer faster software to compete. Hopefully it returns, if not we will just change as the market changes. Just like some of us changed to VLM for CGD. HWE and VLM are both good in their own way. They are both great tools, just different. Same with communities.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. rob allen

rob allen Administrator

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +27,104 / 85 / -0
    After almost decade of working tirelessly for free, yes we did move towards some monetizing. With full transparency. Not sure why that bothers some. Even then we have given back a good portion to help cleaners in need or contest.

Still lot great people here, like Todd, Steve A, Tom F and Scott W, Jeff K, Rich carpet vet, Jason F to just mention a few.

And I agree, I have never announced leaving a forum. I have the largest post on Supraforums.com and posted there for years but when I left I didn't feel the need or desire to announce it. Heck IU still go every once in a while.

PS:Supraforums.com is how we came up with name Truckmountforums.com

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Male
    Owner Operator
    Serving the greater Charlotte area
    Ratings:
    +771 / 2 / -0
    Change is good, influx of new people and out with the old is good to. Some folks on forums get a big head, develop a little following of me too guys and then run roughshod over other members for no good reason. I've seen this many times, on many forums. One thing is for sure "everybody is replaceable" and the site likely will get better when lurkers aren't afraid of being blasted by some unhinged alpha forum member.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Todd the Cleaner

Todd the Cleaner Todd Cottino
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2011
    Male
    Owner / Operator
    Pahrump, Nevada, United States
    Ratings:
    +25,410 / 58 / -0
    Sorry to see you go Mike. I'll miss you. You are one I've always looked up to.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,686 / 84 / -0
    Don't worry fellas, I made my decision and I've decided to stay :)

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 4
  17. Jack

Jack Active Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Male
    Carpet Cleaning Tech Owner/Operator
    Washington
    Ratings:
    +374 / 1 / -0
    #17 Jack, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    Carpet cleaners are some of the most opinionated and competitive people I know and that can be a positive thing, but too many times I've noticed on this forum that the replies are anything but kind, or helpful. I've tried to be careful of how I say things as not to offend, as others have done, but even then some of the replies have been uncalled for IMO. Hope things in the future can be more civil.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. lmullica

lmullica Active Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Male
    owner
    Johnston, Iowa
    Ratings:
    +433 / 2 / -0
    Well, see ya, bruh. I learned a lot from you.

19. rob allen

rob allen Administrator

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +27,104 / 85 / -0
    I think I will too!

• Like Like x 2
  20. longkenn

longkenn Well-Known Member

May 7, 2011
    Floor Care
    Winston-Salem, North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +4,217 / 7 / -0
    Should I make a grand announcement that I am staying??? Maybe I should start a new thread. I know everyone can benefit from my infinite wisdom, experience and just all around good smarts. Sorry TMF, You are stuck with me! LOL :ROFLMAO:

• Like Like x 5