C ya!...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Last post, kids...
Been fun but we've lost too many members who actually excersise their brain cells...

Canuck Grant rarely posts... Kip is gone... as is guys like Bobby Mid and Deron....
As cool as Mike Guare and Big Sexy are.... they can't keep this place afloat.
I'll still check in with FB TMF but TMF proper has lost too many guys who actually had something truthful or interesting to say....
Camacho....out!...
Best of luck, cock knockers....

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Going to miss you Mike. I'm a member on several workout, cars and other industry forums. It's the nature of forums for people to come and go. When I check in I don't recognize many at other forums. We will miss you Mike. Been a pleasure.

Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States
Going to miss you Mike. I'm a member on several workout, cars and other industry forums. It's the nature of forums for people to come and go. When I check in I don't recognize many at other forums. We will miss you Mike. Been a pleasure.
You have got to admit the quality of the posters & posts has really shifted. Hardly any super knowledgeable people posting regularly any more. Not sure of the reason but it is something a forum owner should take a long hard look at if they want to stay relevant in the forum world.

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
I have never understood the reasons for checking out when deciding to not visit a forum any longer. With that said... if you don't find what you want here good bye.

I come here for what I can contribute as much as I do to gain. So if you can't stay as a contributor either then I hope you find your dream forum.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
With technical posts from Mama Fen, Todd, Shane Dubell, Tom Forsythe and others, I find it hard to believe that all the folks "who actually exercise their brain cells" have gone.

Sorry to see you go, Mike. I often enjoyed your posts.

Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States
With technical posts from Mama Fen, Todd, Shane Dubell, Tom Forsythe and others, I find it hard to believe that all the folks "who actually exercise their brain cells" have gone.

Sorry to see you go, Mike. I often enjoyed your posts.
Are you on the same TMF I am? Rarely do I see Shane, Todd, post let alone all the others that helped make TMF good. Heck we have not seen your counterpart from Jon Don posting in months. If I was an advertiser on TMF I would really want to make sure the post quality, volume and number of viewers stayed consistent to the money I am spending.

Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
What I've been saying for a long long time. See ya on the Facebooks.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
This is a funny thread if you think about it. Camacho is knowledgeable and helpful when he wants to be but also has a posting style that rubs many the wrong way. We all know that Mike has posted about putting guys on ignore and doesn't like talking business with others that have a different business model. Some times addition by subtracting works out, members will come and go but there will always be guys that rise up and contribute. It's easy to get burned out posting on forums and we all need to take a break every now and then.

May 9, 2013
Southeast Houston
spotlessflooring.com
Real Name
Daniel Provorse
Business Location
United States
Facebook is helpful but not where real knowledge is shared. Posts get pushed down quickly and forgotten. That's why I recently came back to the forum.

I've watched TMF change a lot since I started back in 12'. This place went from a great central head point for great knowledge to being used as a marketing and $ tool.

I'm wondering if there is any forum that the industry experts moved to? You know, the guys who have real knowledge and share if for the sake of sharing instead of sharing to make a buck.

Also, who posts that they are leaving a forum???

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
You have got to admit the quality of the posters & posts has really shifted. Hardly any super knowledgeable people posting regularly any more. Not sure of the reason but it is something a forum owner should take a long hard look at if they want to stay relevant in the forum world.
It's a cycle. Social networks have made inroads due to speed, on all types forums. Our TMF FB page is strong, very strong. The main thing that separates the two is the sheer volume of searchable knowledge found on forum. Cant tell you how many PM's we get from people saying they lurk for 6-12 months just reading and studying. Our numbers have actually started to rebound on forum. We are working on newer faster software to compete. Hopefully it returns, if not we will just change as the market changes. Just like some of us changed to VLM for CGD. HWE and VLM are both good in their own way. They are both great tools, just different. Same with communities.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Facebook is helpful but not where real knowledge is shared. Posts get pushed down quickly and forgotten. That's why I recently came back to the forum.

I've watched TMF change a lot since I started back in 12'. This place went from a great central head point for great knowledge to being used as a marketing and $ tool.

I'm wondering if there is any forum that the industry experts moved to? You know, the guys who have real knowledge and share if for the sake of sharing instead of sharing to make a buck.

Also, who posts that they are leaving a forum???
After almost decade of working tirelessly for free, yes we did move towards some monetizing. With full transparency. Not sure why that bothers some. Even then we have given back a good portion to help cleaners in need or contest.

Still lot great people here, like Todd, Steve A, Tom F and Scott W, Jeff K, Rich carpet vet, Jason F to just mention a few.

And I agree, I have never announced leaving a forum. I have the largest post on Supraforums.com and posted there for years but when I left I didn't feel the need or desire to announce it. Heck IU still go every once in a while.

PS:Supraforums.com is how we came up with name Truckmountforums.com

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Change is good, influx of new people and out with the old is good to. Some folks on forums get a big head, develop a little following of me too guys and then run roughshod over other members for no good reason. I've seen this many times, on many forums. One thing is for sure "everybody is replaceable" and the site likely will get better when lurkers aren't afraid of being blasted by some unhinged alpha forum member.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Sorry to see you go Mike. I'll miss you. You are one I've always looked up to.

Jack

Oct 4, 2012
Washington
www.criticalcarpetcare.com
Real Name
Jack Jones
Business Location
United States
Carpet cleaners are some of the most opinionated and competitive people I know and that can be a positive thing, but too many times I've noticed on this forum that the replies are anything but kind, or helpful. I've tried to be careful of how I say things as not to offend, as others have done, but even then some of the replies have been uncalled for IMO. Hope things in the future can be more civil.

Last edited:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States