BZ-105LX Breeze or Air hog/ Water hog combo | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

BZ-105LX Breeze or Air hog/ Water hog combo

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
what does cananastan mean?
Kind of like MishaCan

Where Michigan and Canada meet

Or michiana

where Michigan and Indiana meet me and we all get confused lol

Cananastan are parts of Canada where they don't speak French because the French speaking parts of Canada kind of looks down on the rest apparently I don't know?

It's from a stand-up comedian from Canada

Reactions: Fedri

finessec

Mar 7, 2019
Real Name
Caitlyn De Franca
It is a tough one. If you go with air/water hog combo it would be light enough for you to carry and that is the pro, but the con is lots of trip back and forth from the van to the unit unless if you have a helper. In your case I would go with the air/water hog option. The second option is the single machine bz105lx and this machine probably weighs about 90 plus lbs, this machine will be tough to carry from stairs unless if you have a helper with you all the time, and you will still need to do multiple trips because of stairs. The only pro that I see on bz105lx is that it will be one unit and easy to set it up.
Thanks for the opinion Fedri. I think you summed up the main pros and cons. I have a 73kg american sniper 1200psi machine now so I'm thinking the bz105lx would still be half the weight and a major improvement.. I really love the idea of the water hog/air hog but i'm unsure if it's going to be an efficient set up to be using everyday time wise..
to be honest I would of probably worn the extra set up time for the weight factor if it wasn't for the min 400psi factor.. going to need lower for poly carpet and upholstery

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Kind of like MishaCan

Where Michigan and Canada meet

Or michiana

where Michigan and Indiana meet me and we all get confused lol

Cananastan are parts of Canada where they don't speak French because the French speaking parts of Canada kind of looks down on the rest apparently I don't know?

It's from a stand-up comedian from Canada
I am in a non French speaking area, so it must be a cananastan area hehe

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Thanks for the opinion Fedri. I think you summed up the main pros and cons. I have a 73kg american sniper 1200psi machine now so I'm thinking the bz105lx would still be half the weight and a major improvement.. I really love the idea of the water hog/air hog but i'm unsure if it's going to be an efficient set up to be using everyday time wise..
to be honest I would of probably worn the extra set up time for the weight factor if it wasn't for the min 400psi factor.. going to need lower for poly carpet and upholstery
I have owned one of the old models of the air hog with dual vacs and believe me the set up wasn't fun at all specially for apartments. That's why I have the 2 models 1005lx and 1005dx. They are not that heavy at all when the tanks are empty, also I have 200 psi pumps makes it even lighter for me to pick them up with an ease.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Also another thing to be prepared is that please buy at least 10 switches, this is the only problem with this machine the switches will burn very easily. This month speaking for both machines I had to change burnt switches 4 times, the fourth one was not pleasant at all, few days ago it was my last job of the day and I was about to yell my son to OK WE ARE DONE TURN IT OFFFF, this guy comes running and telling me that there are smokes coming, I panicked and went to the machine and one of the switches were burning, I turned it off as I saw some sparks. Image if this have happened inside the house. I have changed the switch and it's good to go now, i had a glance non of the wires are touching each other, I don't know what might of causing all these? I will re wire these machines, I am waiting for the slow season in couple of months.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
Also another thing to be prepared is that please buy at least 10 switches, this is the only problem with this machine the switches will burn very easily. This month speaking for both machines I had to change burnt switches 4 times, the fourth one was not pleasant at all, few days ago it was my last job of the day and I was about to yell my son to OK WE ARE DONE TURN IT OFFFF, this guy comes running and telling me that there are smokes coming, I panicked and went to the machine and one of the switches were burning, I turned it off as I saw some sparks. Image if this have happened inside the house. I have changed the switch and it's good to go now, i had a glance non of the wires are touching each other, I don't know what might of causing all these? I will re wire these machines, I am waiting for the slow season in couple of months.
That’s very peculiar. Did you purchase all those switches from mytee? If your purchasing them locally are you confident that they are the correct amperage rating?
If motors are not getting the required voltage it will create resistance and overheat the system.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
That’s very peculiar. Did you purchase all those switches from mytee? If your purchasing them locally are you confident that they are the correct amperage rating?
If motors are not getting the required voltage it will create resistance and overheat the system.
I got them from kleen rite, when I type mytee in their search box I get all these mytee products and the switches is one of them, they shipped me blue switches, not sure if they are the correct switches.

Mytee E515 2-Position Switch for Extractors

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
oh I see, seems ideal but still 53kg. I'm a small female so i don't think carrying 53kg up stairs is going to be possible everyday
34 - 38 KG Two 6.6 .... works on your voltage

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
My lightweight setup is an Airhog, 220 Aquatec pump, and a 5 gallon bucket. My pump has quick connect to change from bucket draw to hose feed. My pump just sits on floor.

Reactions: Ymetimme

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
If your jobs are only two stories, I'd get the mytee vortex, even though its heavy. Then I'd run it from the front porch. Just run 75 or 100ft if hose. Or I'd stick with the water/air hog. Imo.

Reactions: finessec

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
If your jobs are only two stories, I'd get the mytee vortex, even though its heavy. Then I'd run it from the front porch. Just run 75 or 100ft if hose. Or I'd stick with the water/air hog. Imo.
A lot of guys really like the AirHog waterhog combo it works out pretty good for them

finessec

Mar 7, 2019
Real Name
Caitlyn De Franca
A lot of guys really like the AirHog waterhog combo it works out pretty good for them
What do the guys use for upholstery if it only goes down to 400psi? what about polyester carpet which needs a lower psi?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
What do the guys use for upholstery if it only goes down to 400psi? what about polyester carpet which needs a lower psi?
Depends on the upholstery tool you are using, but in general you will be just fine. Depending on your jet sizes in the scrub wand, 400 psi at the machine is likely to be 250-300 psi keyed. With the right wand speed and the very impressive recovery of the LX's you will be able to flush the carpet well without issues. I don't hesitate to clean bound broadloom polyester carpet over laminate floors, no issues with overwetting the backing.

Practice cleaning and inspect this at home on scrap carpet. Knowing 100% what you can do takes away any and all doubt on the job. Careful observation has always been my best asset in this business.

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
Use foaming solution out of a bucket. Spread or brush on foam. Then rinse with a Shurflo 95 psi 1.6 gpm pump for upholstery.

Last edited: