Prowler

Aug 3, 2014
Corpus Christi
www.DoctorSteemer.com
Real Name
Mr. Harrison
Business Location
United States
I am getting a new truck mount, my old one is wore out. I only need to use one wand at a time and usually don't need more than 300ft of hose. 98% of time use 150 ft or less of hose, never used over 300 ft. How big of unit would you suggest I need. I've been using a 20 hp and it seems to work good but never used a bigger or smaller unit so don't know if I need a bigger or smaller unit. Would a 14 hp machine do the same job? Would a bigger machine do something different or better than I'm doing now? It's about $2,500 more per each 5 hp more of machine. I now use a 2 jet, 1 1/2" tube wand. Would money be better spent on a more jet, bigger tube wand, than a more power machine?

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
On a heat exchange unit I definitely wouldn't go below 20HP if you want to hold any type of consistent heat. I would also get a 45 or 47 blower. a 25HP with 45 blower or a 30hp+ with a 47 blower are good combos.

Reactions: Mojo Rising

miroslanchev

Jun 9, 2014
Boise, Idaho
www.miroscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Miro Slanchev
Business Location
United States
First of all decide if you want fuel burning heater or heat exchanger unit. I personally like fuel burning for 2 reasons. Instant heat and you don't need a big engine to generate all of that heat. I don't know what the price range is, but check out Judson. The are simple and efficient, built with common parts. And a 4-6jet wand is a good investment too. For me 4jet with 02flow works best. Give it some thought before buying.

Reactions: Troyster

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
how's it run? i was told to steer clear of the 454 by a mechanic. i heard they replaced it with the 460.

honestly, if i had to jump, i'd think i'd go at least the 570, so i could dual wand. can you dual with the 454? i didnt realize the 454 had 35 hp. that's impressive.
It runs good but.... According to a couple mechanics, it has tendency of dropping valves , ugh.
Happen to me already once.

Other than that, it runs good, strong vacuum, great heat.
Don't regret it but would probably by prochem next time.

I'm also thinking of purchasing one of the New amtex machines and selling this one.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
It runs good but.... According to a couple mechanics, it has tendency of dropping valves , ugh.
Happen to me already once.

Other than that, it runs good, strong vacuum, great heat.
Don't regret it but would probably by prochem next time.

I'm also thinking of purchasing one of the New amtex machines and selling this one.
Here something to help you change your mind.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg