Direct Mail EDDM - Buying mailing lists | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Direct Mail EDDM Buying mailing lists

LightningCarpetCare

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez
Anyone know of a site who is cheap? But also legit for buying a mailing list of addresses? I would like to try this form of marketing. Or should I stick to Facebook? Where it is cheap but I would like to know how I can make a digital coupon for people to call me with to receive a discount for my services just a random thought. Should I copy and paste a picture? And just post it but want to be more creative to make one on my own. Instead of calling someone at the moment to make it when my budget is really tight.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Last edited:

Harry Mullett

Premium VIP
Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States
I have ordered mailing lists from companies like data base usa & info usa for commercial mailings. They sent a excel file with the addresses that I purchased and then I just formatted them for labels.

The lists are pretty economical but I did find a large percentage of the mailings were returned for inaccurate addresses. Which gets pretty spendy on postage. So I have not purchased any in a while.

Reactions: LightningCarpetCare

Will C

Jul 23, 2016
Real Name
Will Pope
LightningCarpetCare, have you run an EDDM campaign before? They're relatively inexpensive and rather targeted because you pick the neighborhood in which you want to market. So, for example, if you want to target neighborhoods with income averaging over $90,000 you can find them on the post office website and then do just that. I haven't run an EDDM campaign yet, but that's my understanding of it. You must get everything in order yourself, your flyers or coupons or what have you, and after you've made your purchase you just drop it all off, pre-bundled, at the post office and they take it from there. There are rules about how to bundle your product, so pay close attention before you go making flyers. I'm sure after the first time or two it'll become second nature. And I can't wait to get my equipment, because the affordability of the EDDM is going to be my second forum of marketing. First being handing out business cats to everyone I can, then sending them to my website and targeting real estate agents and property management companies.

Pros that have done EDDM, please chime in.

Sent from my SM-G930T using TMF Forums mobile app

Will C

Jul 23, 2016
Real Name
Will Pope
Everyone is going to have one of my business cats. People are going to love my business cats. They're gonna be the best business cats. I'm gonna hand out so many business cats they're gonna call the pound... Auto-incorrect made me laugh at that. Picturing a cat in a suit.

LightningCarpetCare

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez
LightningCarpetCare, have you run an EDDM campaign before? They're relatively inexpensive and rather targeted because you pick the neighborhood in which you want to market. So, for example, if you want to target neighborhoods with income averaging over $90,000 you can find them on the post office website and then do just that. I haven't run an EDDM campaign yet, but that's my understanding of it. You must get everything in order yourself, your flyers or coupons or what have you, and after you've made your purchase you just drop it all off, pre-bundled, at the post office and they take it from there. There are rules about how to bundle your product, so pay close attention before you go making flyers. I'm sure after the first time or two it'll become second nature. And I can't wait to get my equipment, because the affordability of the EDDM is going to be my second forum of marketing. First being handing out business cats to everyone I can, then sending them to my website and targeting real estate agents and property management companies.

Pros that have done EDDM, please chime in.

Now what exactly is EDDM? I'm sure I would know without abbreviation lol.

AdWiser

Aug 20, 2016
Real Name
Marcus Aurelius
Anyone know of a site who is cheap? But also legit for buying a mailing list of addresses? I would like to try this form of marketing. Or should I stick to Facebook? Where it is cheap but I would like to know how I can make a digital coupon for people to call me with to receive a discount for my services just a random thought. Should I copy and paste a picture? And just post it but want to be more creative to make one on my own. Instead of calling someone at the moment to make it when my budget is really tight.

Have you tried directmail dot com?
They seem legit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J321AZ using TMF Forums mobile app

John Davidson

Aug 4, 2016
Real Name
John Davidson
i've mailed out many campaigns using nextmark, they are a list broker and have demographics of every kind. Their lists are constantly being scrubbed and have low return rates (i believe around the 5% mark). You should find a list that meets your needs then get in touch with them for more info. I've been pleased with the results i get from them.