Buying Ford 250 van with Everest | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Buying Ford 250 van with Everest

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by andrek60, Oct 1, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. andrek60

andrek60 Member

May 4, 2011
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I have an opportunity to purchase an Everest with 6000 hours on it, with all accessories and it is mounted in a 2005 Ford 250 with 295k miles on it for the cost of $9500. I've used it on 2 jobs so far and the machine is stellar. Total beast. The van however is what I'm concerned about. Although it seams like the engine works fine and tranny switches well, it does have a ton of miles and I don't know if I want to pay for it knowing that possibly in 6 months I might have to get another van and pay $1200 for the shop to move the machine. I also found a Legend that's mounted in a Chevy van with only 140k miles for 10 grand. I feel the Everest may be a bit of an overkill for mostly residential work we do. Any thoughts ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ColoradoCleaner

ColoradoCleaner Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Male
    Denver, CO
    Ratings:
    +3,151 / 40 / -0
    Really Idk if I see any good deals there. Seems the Everest is about used up. It would probably go for a while longer but not guaranteed reliable.. could break down at any time. And the Legend probably won't have as long of a lifespan but you didn't list hours on that one. You'll be rolling the dice.

3. ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
    Male
    Denver, CO
    Ratings:
    +3,151 / 40 / -0
    Post pictures if you can. I'd lean towards the Everest deal though if those are your only options.

4. floorclean

floorclean Active Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Ratings:
    +365 / 1 / -0
    You ask if an Everest is over kill? That's like asking if your girlfriend is too good looking. Shake your head! LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. ron Tabb

ron Tabb Active Member

Sep 13, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Last year I was having problems with one of my trucks. I had it serviced and the problem came back. I was frustrated aggravated and mad. well we figured out what the problem was and I have been good since. However at one point I was going to Butler and buying a new unit Why?????
    If you cant trust your equipment. Its time to get rid of or fix it ,
    You cant start your day hoping you will make it.
    This is a reflection on you and your business.
    So if I were you 9500 is a lot of money for a van on the way out
    and a machine with over 6,000 hours on it.
    There are other options.....
    1.Butler and Jon Don have listings of trucks that owners are selling on their website.
    2 New England truck mount they recondition machines.
    3 My favorite if you have decent credit no money down lease by butler
    or money down and lower payment to buy. Or one of their pre-owned reconditioned.
    Which ever you choose all is great in the busy season an 800 payment no problem.
    but when its the slow season it may be tight for some so plan ahead.

• Winner Winner x 3
  6. andrek60

andrek60 Member

May 4, 2011
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the responses. Everyone at both shops I go to tells me the Everest will run of 15 maybe even 20 thousand hours if you maintain it. But yeah. The van is a gonner

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
    Male
    Denver, CO
    Ratings:
    +3,151 / 40 / -0
    I could see 10k hours without a major problem but Idk about 15, 20k. Think about a car engine... averaging 35 mph over the lifetime of the engine, a car with 200k miles has 5,714 hours on it. 20k hours is equivalent to 700k miles.

I am sure it still has quite a bit of life left in it, but it's the kind of thing where it could blow out at any time. You know your business best... if you have a constantly booked schedule every day, maybe think about financing something brand new.

8. manbearpig

manbearpig Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Ratings:
    +86 / 1 / -0
    The Everest is not overkill for houses, unless you don't like the carpet being dry in 2 hours with no dry strokes! I have 2 of them and they are great at increasing production. The van sounds like it's worth nothing. The machine could still have a lot of life in it if it was maintained well. Buy the machine but not the van maybe?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.

Apr 25, 2011
    Male
    Owner/Operator
    San Pedro, Ca
    Ratings:
    +17,518 / 130 / -0
    @manbearpig What area are you located in? I just was wondering about the 2 hour dry times.

10. manbearpig

manbearpig Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Ratings:
    +86 / 1 / -0
    So cal. Rancho Cucamonga CA

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dennis340

Dennis340 New Member

Feb 22, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My company runs 2 everests one carb and one fuel injected the carb machine has 12000 hrs and runs like a champ . sounds like the van is worn out ,but the mount may be good

• Like Like x 1