Buying a used 370ss | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Buying a used 370ss

BrandonTurner

Nov 20, 2019
Real Name
Brandon Turner
How much life does a 370ss with 3000 hrs have left in it if it’s been well maintained?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Depends on which day of the week it was built.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Meaning it's just like vehicles, a friend of mine literally bought 10 brand new Chevy Silverados all the same model and year for his construction company.

Two of them broke down within a month. Another two have had a lot of issues and 6 of them have worked great.

So why the difference when they are all theoretically the same vehicle, same parts, same engineering?

All we could figure is whoever was working in the assembly line that day the truck was built.

3,000 hours the machine definitely has some wear and tear on it. The rule of thumb I've heard is 6,000 hours is about end of life for a machine.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Meaning it's just like vehicles, a friend of mine literally bought 10 brand new Chevy Silverados all the same model and year for his construction company.

Two of them broke down within a month. Another two have had a lot of issues and 6 of them have worked great.

So why the difference when they are all theoretically the same vehicle, same parts, same engineering?

All we could figure is whoever was working in the assembly line that day the truck was built.

3,000 hours the machine definitely has some wear and tear on it. The rule of thumb I've heard is 6,000 hours is about end of life for a machine.
that's pretty crazy

BrandonTurner

Nov 20, 2019
Real Name
Brandon Turner

Thanks for the reply! For 7k for a van and the Truckmount I think I’ll pull the trigger.

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
How much life does a 370ss with 3000 hrs have left in it if it’s been well maintained?
1 week or 5 years. That's about the most accurate guess you can give. The engine will be the concern. The 2 cyl engines are historically good for about 3500 hrs give or take 1000. 370 is a great machine. be ready for an engine replacment, but the machine will do well for you.

BrandonTurner

Nov 20, 2019
Real Name
Brandon Turner
1 week or 5 years. That's about the most accurate guess you can give. The engine will be the concern. The 2 cyl engines are historically good for about 3500 hrs give or take 1000. 370 is a great machine. be ready for an engine replacment, but the machine will do well for you.
do you know how much it is to replace the engine?

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
do you know how much it is to replace the engine?
Probably like $2500-$3000. The replacement engine itself is about $2000. You can find the same engine cheaper but it will probably only have a 16A stator, you really need the 20A stator to take the electrical load and still charge properly