SuckItUp

Jun 19, 2012
Clear Lake, TX
www.mean2clean.com
Real Name
Remington
Business Location
United States
The last wand I bought has been working pretty well the last few years, but needs replacing.

Found a "new" quad jet wand with 2" vac hose and 14" width online for about $170.

Seems like a good deal.. but anything I should consider before buying? (Something I may have over looked)

Also taking any recommendations based on experience!

Thanks
s-l400.jpg
Screenshot_20180726-103310.jpg

Attachments

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
The last wand I bought has been working pretty well the last few years, but needs replacing.

Found a "new" quad jet wand with 2" vac hose and 14" width online for about $170.

Seems like a good deal.. but anything I should consider before buying? (Something I may have over looked)

Thanks View attachment 79044View attachment 79046
In brand name wands manifold is in line with a suction tube, which takes jets away from the carpet. In case that jets might be to far out, there is an option to add extenders.
In case of your wand , I believe that jets are too close to the carpet. Just my opinion. I'll try to send some pictures of the wands to explain my point.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
A Westpak 10-0550 should be $360 shipped and weigh 9.8 lbs and is a fabulous wand. The one pictured is a version of it, but I can't speak for the quality of it. I agree with Luky, the jets look to close to the floor to run without a glide.

Reactions: Ymetimme

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
In brand name wands manifold is in line with a suction tube, which takes jets away from the carpet. In case that jets might be to far out, there is an option to add extenders.
In case of your wand , I believe that jets are too close to the carpet. Just my opinion. I'll try to send some pictures of the wands to explain my point.
If you were in Illinois, I would pursue a sale, but shipping is crazy expensive ( in ballpark of $100).
You can compare built of manifolds and jets position. I agree with Jim on West Pak.

Attachments

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas

i have 2 prochems.....
4 jet
6jet titanium

but I was wanting to sell it with a TM build I just finished......
text me if interested /.......
i will send pics

Marcus/beltonn, texas
512/868-9008

i am about 3 hours from houston

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
Really? I mean come on. The second most important piece of equipment in your entire business and you're going to cheap out.

Do you know what a "soft touch valve" is? The two things I would never go back to working without is a soft touch wand valve and a glide. The difference a great wand makes is truly amazing. A great wand cleans better, is easier to use and is less fatiguing. Do yourself a favor and upgrade your wand.

All of that was because you said is there anything you've over looked.

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
I've been using that quad for about two years now.....I just bought the westpark ergo handle wand & the pmf mach 15 the westpac is ok I'm getting use to the top handle but that titanium 15 inch 5 jet with glide is luxury & I'm tardy i should have been had some titanium on my truck

Reactions: SuckItUp

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I'm going to catch some heat for this but you need to maximize flow for your ability to recover... You don't need crazy flow, but you should be able to pick up more than your solution system is capable of laying down. The other is a glide... If you are going to wand only with no glide you need to go in a minimum of 2 directions to oppose the nap while cleaning just like when you vacuum. This assures soil removal opposed to the stitch direction of the goods in at LEAST one direction, if you go north, south, east and west... You have already accomplished more than the average rug sucker has even considered while charging top dollar.

I spent 1 hour vacuuming our first 2 truck pet treatment job of the day while my brother did repair work, stretching, seams and patches. I made $100 per hour to vacuum with my portable which made the easiest part of the job, rinsing a cakewalk, while he made $200 per hour for the repair work. Take that FWIW, but these jobs are out there and you can crush sales if you can deliver and they aren't paying you to practice on their stuff.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas

what about just getting a zipper or bonzer????

what size TM...blower engine.....

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States

make sure you can find a good glide that fits and is snug

SuckItUp

Jun 19, 2012
Clear Lake, TX
www.mean2clean.com
Real Name
Remington
Business Location
United States
Absolutely agree! Thanks for pointing out the oversight. Hate to leave lines everytime the pressure released!

Reactions: Luky

SuckItUp

Jun 19, 2012
Clear Lake, TX
www.mean2clean.com
Real Name
Remington
Business Location
United States
Really? I mean come on. The second most important piece of equipment in your entire business and you're going to cheap out.

Do you know what a "soft touch valve" is? The two things I would never go back to working without is a soft touch wand valve and a glide. The difference a great wand makes is truly amazing. A great wand cleans better, is easier to use and is less fatiguing. Do yourself a favor and upgrade your wand.

All of that was because you said is there anything you've over looked.
The whole point of my asking, sir. Appreciate the feedback!

SuckItUp

Jun 19, 2012
Clear Lake, TX
www.mean2clean.com
Real Name
Remington
Business Location
United States
I've been using that quad for about two years now.....I just bought the westpark ergo handle wand & the pmf mach 15 the westpac is ok I'm getting use to the top handle but that titanium 15 inch 5 jet with glide is luxury & I'm tardy i should have been had some titanium on my truck
Thanks for the feedback. Glide definitely helps, better late than never!

I'm going for another type that's titanium with glide attachment for a bit more.

Sanipro

Aug 16, 2016
Real Name
Mario Gonzalez
i have 2 prochems.....
4 jet
6jet titanium

but I was wanting to sell it with a TM build I just finished......
text me if interested /.......
i will send pics

Marcus/beltonn, texas
512/868-9008

i am about 3 hours from houston
How much I’m in Houston

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Most imported wands are junk. I’d spend a little more and get a PMF Mach 15 titanium with glides. Best wand on the market. Food for thought

Reactions: Rory henderson