Buying a New Tile & Grout Spinner - What's Works for you? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Buying a New Tile & Grout Spinner - What's Works for you?

SuckItUp

Jun 19, 2012
Clear Lake, TX
www.mean2clean.com
Real Name
Remington
Business Location
United States
Thinking about buying the Turbo Force Hybrid 12 on the TMF site but would like opinions on what works best for you?

Currently using a Mytee spinner (Worse buy ever) and wanting to upgrade to something that actually cleans.

Thanks!

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I’ve used 5 or 6 different spinners. The Turbo-Hybrid TH-40 is the best by far. I use the brush ring all the time.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Seconding Todd, I prefer the TH-40 over the SX equivalents for two reasons - the vacuum break on the stem rather than on the shroud, and the concrete adapter.

Reactions: PistolPete

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Looking for a tool that cleans? The tool is a small part of the result. your procedure, the chemistry, agitation, water pressure and other factors have more to do with the results than the tool you choose.

Right now, I agree the TH-40 is the best tool available for the convenient features, not because the tool gives better cleaning results. I hope our SX models will be leading the way 3 or 4 months from now, but I don't love them right now.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Looking for a tool that cleans? The tool is a small part of the result. your procedure, the chemistry, agitation, water pressure and other factors have more to do with the results than the tool you choose.

Right now, I agree the TH-40 is the best tool available for the convenient features, not because the tool gives better cleaning results. I hope our SX models will be leading the way 3 or 4 months from now, but I don't love them right now.
Are the SX models being re-designed?

For some reason the way the handles are make my back hurt and I always have problems with it sticking to the floor. I never can get the vac relief set just right. One thing I like about the TH-40 is the spring loaded auto vac relief. If you could add something like that to the SX tools I think it would make a big improvement.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT

For some reason the way the handles are make my back hurt and I always have problems with it sticking to the floor. I never can get the vac relief set just right. One thing I like about the TH-40 is the spring loaded auto vac relief. If you could add something like that to the SX tools I think it would make a big improvement.
Yes, the SX tools are being redesigned. I will pass along your comments to the engineer and design team.

I have not previously heard from anyone who said the handle design caused their back to hurt. We are looking at changes to the handles because some said they felt the handle was too flimsy. What changes would you suggest to the handle.

Some really like the vac relief that can be adjusted with the foot. They say the adjustment is more accurate because the relief is happening near the floor rather than up the handle. We also have folks who like it on the handle since they prefer to adjust by hand.

I would love to hear comments on the vac relief.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Yes, the SX tools are being redesigned. I will pass along your comments to the engineer and design team.

I have not previously heard from anyone who said the handle design caused their back to hurt. We are looking at changes to the handles because some said they felt the handle was too flimsy. What changes would you suggest to the handle.

Some really like the vac relief that can be adjusted with the foot. They say the adjustment is more accurate because the relief is happening near the floor rather than up the handle. We also have folks who like it on the handle since they prefer to adjust by hand.

I think the vacuum relief disc is a key design feature on the th40.
I don't think the adjustable parts' location matters that much, it's a one time adjustment depending on the floor type.
The auto relief however really helps, especially on large format floor tiles where the tool goes from totally on a tile with no grout line to crossing a grout line.
My disc chatters constantly while I'm working and it moves freely across the floor without bogging down.

I like the modular approach of the sx tools, one handle with several heads.
Especially the mini spinner that can go on the wand.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
What I wish and I am going to write them a letter (Turbo Force) is that the first model they came out with the black one is the best model out there hands down! The new chrome one is really heavy it’s not as agile as their first model. I have both and the first model is still going strong. I have only used the new model a few times and I don’t really like it. So if Turbo Force can bring back the first old model to a new one? That will be great! Because the old model I cannot find parts for it now? Which sucks, literally. Other designs cannot touch Turbo Force!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
What I wish and I am going to write them a letter (Turbo Force) is that the first model they came out with the black one is the best model out there hands down! The new chrome one is really heavy it’s not as agile as their first model. I have both and the first model is still going strong. I have only used the new model a few times and I don’t really like it. So if Turbo Force can bring back the first old model to a new one? That will be great! Because the old model I cannot find parts for it now? Which sucks, literally. Other designs cannot touch Turbo Force!
I think what made the original black one so good was the 2.0” hose and piping.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States

Awesome.....so I am assuming there is a remake of the SX models? Hmm....could that be why the SX-15 is out of stock for 4-6 months :)

Reactions: Scott W

lvtandg

KING of Tile and Grout Cleaning
Apr 16, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
www.lasvegastileandgroutcleaning.com
Real Name
Michael Marcus
Business Location
United States

I think Mark Markovich is your best contact...(If you like to talk)

lvtandg

KING of Tile and Grout Cleaning
Apr 16, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
www.lasvegastileandgroutcleaning.com
Real Name
Michael Marcus
Business Location
United States

That valve has a patent...

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States