Butler won't start. Red light | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Butler won't start. Red light

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
I have a 2016 Butler. I had to cancel jobs today and have to wait to call butler in the morning if I can't figure it out. Basically when I go to engage system, it just gives me a red light and nothing happens. I unplugged the waste tank float so that shouldn't be it, and I've tried jiggling some wires. It did this last week once but eventuallly after like 30 minutes it worked. No such luck today. I know there is a switch keeping it from starting somewhere.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
I'm not sure if it still does it with the 16s but older butlers wouldn't start at all if the e brake wasn't down. Newer ones just idle enough to get some water. If yours is the older style the e brake sensor may be faulty.

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
Mine will idle very low if you forget to put e brake down.

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
So I just drove van around for half a day with portable in back. Randomly tried starting it and this time it fired right up. Did a whole job with it. Damnit this is tough to figure out.

Overly Cleaning Service

Oct 22, 2014
Ocala,FL
Real Name
Travis Overly
I used to maintain a 2002 Butler. There was a safety switch on the transmission near where the shift linkage connects to the transmission, I presume so you can’t turn the machine on in drive.
I unplugged the connector and used a paper clip bent in a U inside the plug to bypass the switch and the Butler has been working that way ever since.