Butler solution hose reel

Mac M

May 11, 2016
Real Name
Michael McFarlane
I was trying to disconnect the quick connect inside the reel but it just won’t budge. Anyone know any tricks to get this off? I see some screws does anyone know if the reel comes apart so I can get a better grip on it? Thanks for any suggestions.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
PB blaster and a hammer with flathead screwdriver. Soak it and let it sit a while then just start tapping the collar all around. Once the collar is back it should come off. If not keep it back and blast it again to free the balls.

Mac M

May 11, 2016
Real Name
Michael McFarlane
PB blaster and a hammer with flathead screwdriver. Soak it and let it sit a while then just start tapping the collar all around. Once the collar is back it should come off. If not keep it back and blast it again to free the balls.
Exactly what I tried. I got it to pull back but still wouldn’t pull off. Maybe I just got spray it more and be patient as I’m trying to pull it off.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
Exactly what I tried. I got it to pull back but still wouldn’t pull off. Maybe I just got spray it more and be patient as I’m trying to pull it off.
If you spray it again with the collar pulled back try twisting the hose? Sometimes that will break the little bearings free. Personally on butler reels I always slathered the ends deep in the reel in marine grease to be safe because they get annoying after a while.

Mac M

May 11, 2016
Real Name
Michael McFarlane
If you spray it again with the collar pulled back try twisting the hose? Sometimes that will break the little bearings free. Personally on butler reels I always slathered the ends deep in the reel in marine grease to be safe because they get annoying after a while.
Thanks I will give that a shot!