Business Software? Service Monster vs Service CEO | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Business Software? Service Monster vs Service CEO

cleanimage

Sep 12, 2006
we use s-ceo,

it is very powerful tool

for marketing, i love that i can sent different letters with specific info for that customer, depending on whet service they had done, carpet, tile and grout, stone

and i can run it from my i-phone if needed

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
I am actually working on this right now,

Camelot is who we are looking hard at, i really do not want any recurring fees or be trapped by any toll collectors
Would much rather buy and own outright, but that is just me

danzar

Jul 31, 2010
NC
www.superior-maint.com
Real Name
dan
Business Location
United States
Man I should write up a free one. I have a BS in computer science I got years ago when I wasn't for sure if i wanted to stay in cleaning forever. I have wrote alot of mini programs just for hobby sake. Might have to look into the design of the ones out there to see what they offer and see what I can makeup ( when I am free).

If anyone have some screen shots of the options and outline of one send them too me..

Thanks
Dan

cleanimage

Sep 12, 2006
shane, S-CEO is purchased out right, client server is on your main computer not cloud
option for yearly $ that includes support and upgrades, like any of them

danzar, i don't doubt your abilities, don't think your gonna write S-CEO equivalent in your spare time any time soon

Reactions: HiCrestRick

danzar

Jul 31, 2010
NC
www.superior-maint.com
Real Name
dan
Business Location
United States
shane, S-CEO is purchased out right, client server is on your main computer not cloud
option for yearly $ that includes support and upgrades, like any of them

danzar, i don't doubt your abilities, don't think your gonna write S-CEO equivalent in your spare time any time soon

You may be right :) I still think I might try :)

Also I not saying you but you talk like you might be a part of the S-CEO company... but then again what do I know :)

nuvoclean

Aug 13, 2009
BC
www.nuvoclean.com
Real Name
David Marryatt
Business Location
Canada
wow just realized I didn't reply to your responses. how rude. thank you very much for all your input, I did read them. I ended up with Service Monster to start. It's okay, just had to lower my expectations a little. Service CEO is a bit too much software for where I'm at right now, but obviously a killer tool.

And ya, no single person no matter how skilled is going to create an equivalent of Service CEO in their spare time, what took a team of coders years to create.

HappyCleaner

Nov 13, 2010
Real Name
Jamie Pike
Business Location
United States
Huh Dude can you say FACEBOOK one man wrote the codes. Then they added more people to help keep up later and deal with the masses of people on the site. He was a fulltime student at the time so the code was writen in his sparetime.

CorieCRM

Dec 1, 2010
Real Name
Corie Kaftalovich
Business Location
United States
Have you ever looked in CRM, customer relationship management, software? Its a robust solution that offers all the features you need to drive new business, nurture your leads and market to your customers. Similar to the other softwares mentioned in this thread, you can use a CRM tool to tailor emails directly to each client. You can also create a landing page on your website that collects all new leads and automatically inputs them into your CRM solution. Its really powerful stuff.

mike42

May 15, 2011
NY
Real Name
Mike Gordon
Business Location
United States
I suggest taking a look at Scheduling Manager software from Thoughtful Systems:

http://www.thoughtfulsystems.com/industries/carpet-cleaning-software.asp

It does CRM, job scheduling, payroll, mapping, text messaging, e-mailing and more. Packages available from $595 and up, depending on the configuration. The e-mail module lets you send e-mails to prospects and reminders to people who last used your service <n> months ago. A great marketing tool!

Pay once only, when you purchase the software.

We've been in business 24 years, have a lot of users. Also, we have a real-time link to QuickBooks.

Mike

UCM

Dec 19, 2009
Maryland
www.uppercrustmaids.com
Real Name
Cathy Green
Business Location
United States
Small to medium sized companies should take a look at Service Sidekick. It is easy to learn (I mastered it in one day). It is user friendly and there are both videos as well as telephone and email support.

Also, affordable.

sanosteam

Mar 22, 2011
NC
Real Name
Omar
Business Location
United States
My first pick would be for camelote. my second is service monster and my third pick is service seo.
since technology got so far ahead in the past 2 years. sadly non of the above software are catching up with what $10 application is offering. I will be still willing to pay $50/month for software if I coud find one soft ware that will do it all.

genbook for example is offering a botton on your website for your customers to schedule online wich this feature is getting us 4 extra jobs /week that didn't cost us any money beside my hard seo work.

Then genbook we feed google calendar and on and on to every device.
so we can now view our schedule life from any device life at any time. thats not all. Our techs are using one time $10 invoices2go on their iphones that allow them to email invoices to the customer with the paypal option. I don't know about your area, but here in america our women are equipped with iphones and they can send the payment right back at you. trust me, they know how to work them.

so service monster keep your customers close with post cards, so dose genbook with free reminders email conformation, and last but not least asking for online review on your profile. Wich I truly believe is ging to be the next big thing in seo and marketing.

I sugest that service software should quickly rush and add the feature for the customer to schedule online, add payment option, and make an app for iphone and droid. learn little more about iCloud and how it going to effect technology before you plan your work.

You can do a test on my website. just remember to type TEST so my techs don't text you for direction. http://sanosteam.com

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
We have not used service CEO but my families cleaning business uses Service Monster and so far so good. I also know a lot of the companies I build websites for also use Service Monster, no complaints yet other than wishing a couple new features to be added and more Mobile support. Other than that, they have awesome customer service too.

sanosteam

Mar 22, 2011
NC
Real Name
Omar
Business Location
United States
I ordered my free trail with service monster, I will be testing it with the safari on the ipad 3g. This might actually be the best fit for field technicians for the meanwhile.

prcarpet

Feb 11, 2010
Clarksville, TN
Real Name
Chris Biggs
Business Location
United States
Bruno apparently you are a nobody! I called service monster and they don't waive the setup fee except for special people on truck mount forums. I was excited to but with that setup fee I will probably just buy other software outright. Don't know yet. Just giving anyone a heads up who looks at this post. Incorrect information.

mike42

May 15, 2011
NY
Real Name
Mike Gordon
Business Location
United States
You can buy Scheduling Manager, starting from $595 (basic version). No further fees. It has features which Camelot and Service Monster don't have. Used by a lot of carpet cleaning businesses and others. Has built-in e-mail marketing modules, too.

http://www.thoughtfulsystems.com