bensurdi

Oct 6, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.purecleancarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Ben Surdi
Business Location
United States
Hey guys, believe it or not, i never did write a business plan. I kept it in my head and it has worked out well. Problem is... banks don't like the whole " it's in my head" concept :)

I am wondering if anyone has a business plan that they wrote, not that I can copy obviously but one that I can use as a general outline to write mine.

Or, you may have a suggestion on how to write mine. Thanks.

Apr 7, 2009
Central PA (814) Area Code
Real Name
Chad Smith & Jennifer Fogleman
Business Location
United States
Hey guys, believe it or not, i never did write a business plan. I kept it in my head and it has worked out well. Problem is... banks don't like the whole " it's in my head" concept :)

I am wondering if anyone has a business plan that they wrote, not that I can copy obviously but one that I can use as a general outline to write mine.

Or, you may have a suggestion on how to write mine. Thanks.
What does it matter to a bank about your "plan". Are you in debt to them or something and they need to know.

Jarrod E

Aug 14, 2009
Australia
Real Name
Jarrod Elliott
Business Location
Australia
If you are expanding a business even if established a bank will require a business plan to give a business loan.

And Ben, also incorperate a spreadsheet with all expendatures and profit margins to show your profitability, use your past months as an example and show your future months to show what your profit increase will be, this way the bank can see how easily you will make repayments.

hope this helps mate.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Business Plan Maker

you can find it at any officemax/office depot stores. They have a step by step process with spreadsheets and sample plans.

bensurdi

Oct 6, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.purecleancarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Ben Surdi
Business Location
United States
i agree to a certain extent. But I also know that if you want to grow than it takes capital. This is why businesses take loans in the first place is to achieve what they are capable of. If we used our own piggy banks to fund everything we would never get anywhere, or maybe we would, it would just take much longer. I want to be retired in 10 years ****it!

Jarrod E

Aug 14, 2009
Australia
Real Name
Jarrod Elliott
Business Location
Australia
Ben is right,

so for instance you are in a situation in which you are recieving more work than you can handle with minimal advertising, you see an opportunity to expand your business and make it more profitable but dont have 60,000 dollars in the bank to implement two new vans, so what do you do? borrow money.

in some cases people dont want to use banks and I can see your point, you could loose everything. But on the contrary you could expand your business and pay off those two vans within a couple of years. Very similar to saving but of course there will be interest, when borrowing 60,000 dollars your interest repayments over 3 years would be quite minimal.

Everyone is going to have different opinions on this subject, it really does depend on what you want to get out of your business, and too see if you are willing to take risk in life.

But you have to remember that as carpet cleaners we are all here for one reason , and thats to make money, and if you were to see an opportunity that could make or break you with a little interest.... would you do it?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Bumping business plan threads.

extremecleantn

Jul 25, 2010
Tennessee
www.extremecleantn.com
Real Name
Dale Compton
Business Location
United States
i agree to a certain extent. But I also know that if you want to grow than it takes capital. This is why businesses take loans in the first place is to achieve what they are capable of. If we used our own piggy banks to fund everything we would never get anywhere, or maybe we would, it would just take much longer. I want to be retired in 10 years ****it!
Ben does not use the Dave Ramsey financial philosophy. lol

Reactions: ciobanu_liviu

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
Here is another idea too. $60,000 out of the bank to buy equipment. The money. Gone for ever. Sure resale parts ... but ... no where near what you put into it.
Second idea. Borrow the money. If someyhing bad happens you still have the money in the bank to get you thru or to pay medical bills or hide then claim bankruptacy.
Ill take second choice usually. That way the law can protect you from creditors if need be. Rather than beg for food and have your ekectric turned off. Seems a no brainer.

Reactions: aloha one