Burst of pressure then dies when keyed | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Burst of pressure then dies when keyed

Chappy12

Feb 7, 2020
Real Name
Stephen
So hydramaster 4.0 spitfire.

Spent a lot of hours rebuilding this thing.

1st job was fine.
2nd job half way through I turned the machine off and then I started it up and the pressure was acting crazy. Would burst out then die and was like cleaning with 50psi. The gauge was going up and down. I don’t know why.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Sounds like a water delivery issue TO the pump or a malfunctioning unloader. Verify good flow to the inlet side of the pump and if it checks out, verify good flow on the outlet side of the pump before the unloader.

Things to check are filters everywhere on the in and out side of the pump and carbon steel high pressure hose ends in the TM. They rust and reduce flow and if rust breaks free can clog on the next swollen fitting downstream. In equals out, if in is good, somewhere on the out isn't, work from the pump towards the wand.

Reactions: Chappy12

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Unhook the outlet side pump hose and see if you have a good stream. Trace it till you find the issue.

Reactions: Chappy12

Chappy12

Feb 7, 2020
Real Name
Stephen
Thank guys. I will report back.

This was the first jobs this machine has done in 14months so I’m hoping it’s just some rubbish in the lines and or something. I’m going to descale it aswell

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Ok I was having this issue .
I first cleaned my Ti wand filter .it helped but continued to get worse . I has all ready cleaned the solution outlet filter twice but did not help .
Looked in my monster water box and saw a powder of slurry on the bottom . . So I hooked up a water hose 2 and a half feet long and drained the box and took a shop vac and cleaned it out it had a white chalk film of some sort as of a water softener I might have hooked to with out knowing . So my bonnet filter that feeds the pump was completely plugged up with a chalky almost paint like film .
I had cleaned my front room today and it lost pressure at the end . Friday my last job it did that and the day before it had did it on my second job as well .
I'm pretty confident this was the issue because it would have had a problem getting water through that bonnet pump filter in the water box . I'm sure tomorrow will be back to normal . Water box cleaned and wipe out .

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Ok I was having this issue .
I first cleaned my Ti wand filter .it helped but continued to get worse . I has all ready cleaned the solution outlet filter twice but did not help .
Looked in my monster water box and saw a powder of slurry on the bottom . . So I hooked up a water hose 2 and a half feet long and drained the box and took a shop vac and cleaned it out it had a white chalk film of some sort as of a water softener I might have hooked to with out knowing . So my bonnet filter that feeds the pump was completely plugged up with a chalky almost paint like film .
I had cleaned my front room today and it lost pressure at the end . Friday my last job it did that and the day before it had did it on my second job as well .
I'm pretty confident this was the issue because it would have had a problem getting water through that bonnet pump filter in the water box . I'm sure tomorrow will be back to normal . Water box cleaned and wipe out .
Monster equals hot water box or you talking about container used for rinse agents or detergents. In case of latter , using powder rinse may have been the culprit. Sometimes it happens when you switch to different product or products get mixed together and cause the slurry.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
So hydramaster 4.0 spitfire.

Spent a lot of hours rebuilding this thing.

1st job was fine.
2nd job half way through I turned the machine off and then I started it up and the pressure was acting crazy. Would burst out then die and was like cleaning with 50psi. The gauge was going up and down. I don’t know why.
Pulsating means water restriction or no water in hot box( yours is like 1 gallon)which points again to the first cause or water pump is about to go, it can be loose wire also. I wouldn't disassemble valves on water pump yet.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Monster equals hot water box or you talking about container used for rinse agents or detergents. In case of latter , using powder rinse may have been the culprit. Sometimes it happens when you switch to different product or products get mixed together and cause the slurry.
Only fresh water goes into the water box , never chemicals