brush vs pads

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Brian P.

Oct 12, 2016
Real Name
Brian Pilgard
Just trying to see what carpets are best to use brush on 175 compared to using a pad when agitating carpet. Also where is a good place to purchase spotting towels Jon-Don supplier only has some very cheap ones. Thanks

Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Brush on cut pile, frieze, some berber.

Fiber pads on berber, commercial loop, and cut pile.

Guess it depends on situation. Some traffic soil is on surface tips of fibers. This situation the pads seem to do better for me. And chunky messes that are ground in to fibers the brush is better suited as it can dig and break it apart.

Spotting cloths i just use cheap terry cloth from homedepot. They dont hold up though.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Brush on cut pile, frieze, some berber.

Fiber pads on berber, commercial loop, and cut pile.

Guess it depends on situation. Some traffic soil is on surface tips of fibers. This situation the pads seem to do better for me. And chunky messes that are ground in to fibers the brush is better suited as it can dig and break it apart.

Spotting cloths i just use cheap terry cloth from homedepot. They dont hold up though.
that's the ticket on most ,, I use a lot of bonnets and pads for carpets,, mostly brush on tile, followed by a bonnet

wood floors bonnet only

Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
that's the ticket on most ,, I use a lot of bonnets and pads for carpets,, mostly brush on tile, followed by a bonnet

wood floors bonnet only
Never tried cleaning wood flooring. When i pull up my carpets ill give it a try. So long as there's still poly left on them.