Brush, brush and brushes.... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Brush, brush and brushes....

DavidB

Jan 30, 2008
Had a good friend ask if I can clean his apartment, hate doing apartments, but I recently picked up an old Host T6 and decided it be a good time to try out. Took Host machine and Oreck orbiter to do the small job.

Turns out orbiter is not working, humming but not turning, maybe motor is dying. So left with the Host to go to town. Wanted to try the new Grand Reaper I just got earlier in the week and used to to agitate large soda spills and smaller spots through out (never said carpet was full of spills and spots) and was very pleased with the brush, even pulled up more gunk from spot after vacuuming. Used the T6 on the whole apartment and it came out fantastic 99% of spots gone (no solvent spotter to try others, and a red stain that someone tried to take out previously).

He had a couple of spots on a microfiber chair and I used my Grime Reaper on it. Vacuumed and used brush to groom and also agitated spots. Used cotton towel to extract and did final grooming with the brush.

I am very pleased with my new brushes, all 3 of them.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Had a good friend ask if I can clean his apartment, hate doing apartments, but I recently picked up an old Host T6 and decided it be a good time to try out. Took Host machine and Oreck orbiter to do the small job.

Turns out orbiter is not working, humming but not turning, maybe motor is dying. So left with the Host to go to town. Wanted to try the new Grand Reaper I just got earlier in the week and used to to agitate large soda spills and smaller spots through out (never said carpet was full of spills and spots) and was very pleased with the brush, even pulled up more gunk from spot after vacuuming. Used the T6 on the whole apartment and it came out fantastic 99% of spots gone (no solvent spotter to try others, and a red stain that someone tried to take out previously).

He had a couple of spots on a microfiber chair and I used my Grime Reaper on it. Vacuumed and used brush to groom and also agitated spots. Used cotton towel to extract and did final grooming with the brush.

Nice to hear David..what was the third brush you purchased?

DavidB

Jan 30, 2008
The Host machine, lol

(I did get a mini shark too, have not used it yet)

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
The Host machine, lol

(I did get a mini shark too, have not used it yet)
The mini Shark is perfect for super tight areas and as a touch up tool for after clean inspections. Plus it's Inexpensive!

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
I really like the profile of the bristles and head angle, looking forward to using it at a little project I got in the works.
I used the mini shark to clean 200 bathrooms in a hotel. They were all small 4x4 (maybe 5x5) bathrooms. So I elected to use the mini over the whole area. Those little brushes made me a good chunk of change over those few days.

The grime reaper is the best brush for those oil stains on microfiber. The bristles work better than anything else I have tried.

Reactions: DavidB

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States

hmm I think I have stated this several times on this forum. Have been doing this since 1981

What color brushes did you use on the T-6

PS wait till you see what it can do on stairs!

Reactions: aloha one

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
hmm I think I have stated this several times on this forum. Have been doing this since 1981

Show us brother...Pics or it's All BS!

DavidB

Jan 30, 2008

Tan/gold

It definitely looks from 1981, lol

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I've been using the HOST machine since 1981 that doesn't mean I use a machine made in 1981

If you have gold/tan brushes that turned out pretty good. the gold brushes are really made for wool and are very soft.

get a set of white brushes which are much stiffer and are made for residential. If you do commercial you need zebra (white/black) brushes which are a bit more stiffer.

DavidB

Jan 30, 2008
I've been using the HOST machine since 1981 that doesn't mean I use a machine made in 1981

If you have gold/tan brushes that turned out pretty good. the gold brushes are really made for wool and are very soft.

get a set of white brushes which are much stiffer and are made for residential. If you do commercial you need zebra (white/black) brushes which are a bit more stiffer.
Where is the best place to get them?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
I have brushes fro Brush Pro, I have most of Dave's brushes, but I don't know about Host brushes. Mr. Rotto would be the guy to ask.

Reactions: DavidB

DavidB

Jan 30, 2008
Btw Scott, stopped in at the Orlando location yesterday and they cleaned it up nice. They redid the layout and it's much more customer friendly.

Reactions: Scott W

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Where do i find this grand reaper brush ?
Interlink., Jon Don , Magic Wand , American Brush and Chem, think maybe Amazon too . Just got mine and it is AWESOME !!
Once you have this Jason and the rest of Aloha Dave's brushes you won't want anything else !! Tremendous products worth every penny !!
All the Best, Ed