bruin 2 one minute turns over next minute nothing. Only sound is fuel pump | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

bruin 2 one minute turns over next minute nothing. Only sound is fuel pump

Satisfiedsystem

Sep 12, 2019
Real Name
Anita Artis
Im trying to start my prochem bruin and when i turn key sometimes it will try and start and sometimes its just dead. I replaced battery what else can this be? Some sort of sensor?I also want to add that i cleaned and redone wiring by starter. Wondering what can make it turn over 1 minute and nothing the next.

Last edited:

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
Maybe your switch is bad...are you getting power to starter when it doesn't turn over?

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
I understand but if it doesn't turn over at all maybe starter not getting power at all sometimes. This things vibrate a lot and older wiring becomes brittle. Have someone try and start it and you testing for power a few times.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Check your grounds and connections. Also your float switches will act as a kill switch.

Justin Legend Brands

Expert Truckmount Mechanic
May 7, 2018
Real Name
Justin Johnston
If the starter isn't even engaging, it is going to be the key switch, the starter solenoid, the starter, the battery, the ground, or wiring to any of the above. Sensors do prevent it from starting, but there aren't any sensors that prevent the starter from turning.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Starter solenoid could be bad. Get someone to jump or bypass the solenoid.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Satisfiedsystem

Sep 12, 2019
Real Name
Anita Artis
Ok it is turning over now and will not stay going now. Cleaned the carb, the spark plugs ECT. It stays running if I spray a little ether in it but the thing does as soon as i quit speaking it. There's gas in the gas filter boul. It seems it's not going any further then that though

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
You might need to adjust carb and check fuel pump, lines and filter...something might be clogged...even if pump sounds like its working maybe its not working right.

Satisfiedsystem

Sep 12, 2019
Real Name
Anita Artis
Check lines and carb and new filter. How many gpm's is this pump suppose to get. The fuel goes all the way up to bottom of carb and that's it. Do you think it still needs a new pump. Do you think it could be some kink of sensor? I'm sorry I'm a woman trying to understand all of this.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Not enough information to troubleshoot with out throwing darts at a possible cause. Because Bruin is in the name of the TM and knowing how long since it was produced, 10:1 sez you have a wire somewhere with worn through insulation grounding out giving you fits...

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
gpm of the pump I don't know but it should be low pressure pump...around 2 psi. I think you mean it goes to the bottom of filter...thats normal to see it pool up there...you can alway take fuel line off from carb...turn key and switch and pour fuel into a container and see if it keeps flowing steady. In an open area...no flames around. careful.

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
start up sequence on bruin should be similar to my prochem so I assume you hold override switch as you start it....is it turning off when you let go of override? or does it stay on and then shuts off at random time?

Satisfiedsystem

Sep 12, 2019
Real Name
Anita Artis
Ok thanks everyone ! Got it going it was the carb. Took apart and cleaned real good and Wala it's running

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
Good...on these older machines I've found that most of the time whoever had them before never cleaned anything and sold them because they didn't work... supposedly

Satisfiedsystem

Sep 12, 2019
Real Name
Anita Artis
Ok now I went to start and it's winding out. What size battery do you use. Could cranking amps be to low? I bought brand new it's only 225 cold cranking amps