Browning on wool wall to wall | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Browning on wool wall to wall

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Hey Guys and gals. I have cleaned a basement wool carpet 2 days ago, all I have used was flex ice as a pre spray and flex ice to rinse. Today I get the call with these pics. Anyone what might of caused this browning, she hired some one back that he splashed and dashed and I did notice some light foam as well.
Screenshot_20190912_182615_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg
Screenshot_20190912_182536_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
If it's the only time it happened since the original install, the tackless will tell you everything you need to know about the the back story. They don't lie...

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
If it's the only time it happened since the original install, the tackless will tell you everything you need to know about the the back story. They don't lie...
Yes I have to let her know what caused it, I don't want to be responsible, I will try to fix it but if it can't I don't want to replace few thousand dollars of wool carpet.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Yes I have to let her know what caused it, I don't want to be responsible, I will try to fix it but if it can't I don't want to replace few thousand dollars of wool carpet.
Also note the backing material itself. Cotton, jute... these alone cause issues when wet. But the shape of the water line screams water damage. They may not of even noticed it when it first happened. It can creep in the padding following the floor like an underground stream. Then wick to the surface to dry. I find water damage in centers of rooms just because thats the way the cement pad pitched.
But to rule it out you have to take a peek under it. Corners are usually loose enough to pull up without kicker. Look for rust on the pins and discolored strips. Or lol pins will be gone all together.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Also note the backing material itself. Cotton, jute... these alone cause issues when wet. But the shape of the water line screams water damage. They may not of even noticed it when it first happened. It can creep in the padding following the floor like an underground stream. Then wick to the surface to dry. I find water damage in centers of rooms just because thats the way the cement pad pitched.
But to rule it out you have to take a peek under it. Corners are usually loose enough to pull up without kicker. Look for rust on the pins and discolored strips. Or lol pins will be gone all together.
This is what she replied when I have asked her about the flood.

'No, not in that area. We had a sump pump installed over at the other side of the room, and a patch of carpet was installed to cover up the area.'

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
This is what she replied when I have asked her about the flood.

'No, not in that area. We had a sump pump installed over at the other side of the room, and a patch of carpet was installed to cover up the area.'
I should of said when pulling up carpet pull (inside) corners. I just noticed i didnt mention that.

Reactions: Fedri

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I don't feel like you or I should take responsibility for ancillary damage. I want to correct problems for my customers I didn't cause, but I won't take responsibility for them. I didn't put the stains there but I'll be mad if they don't call me to correct them after cleaning. Most times I create a cheerleader customer for Life by doing just that. Half the time I'm not compensated for my worth in situations like this, the other half I gain customers for life with great referrals.... Which is better than a five star review on Google. The lifetime value of a cheerleader customer is undeniable.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I don't feel like you or I should take responsibility for ancillary damage. I want to correct problems for my customers I didn't cause, but I won't take responsibility for them. I didn't put the stains there but I'll be mad if they don't call me to correct them after cleaning. Most times I create a cheerleader customer for Life by doing just that. Half the time I'm not compensated for my worth in situations like this, the other half I gain customers for life with great referrals.... Which is better than a five star review on Google. The lifetime value of a cheerleader customer is undeniable.
Complete agreed, I am the highest rated in my city with 0 negative review and I don't want to loose that I will go on Saturday to correct that.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Complete agreed, I am the highest rated in my city with 0 negative review and I don't want to loose that I will go on Saturday to correct that.
Let them know without a shadow of a doubt that your work didn't create this problem, but you are going to fix it for them.

Honestly, it would be almost impossible to create those brown out lines in broadloom wool with HWE.

Citric acid, a bonnet and a slightly water only damp bonnet as a follow-up is how is would fix it. Easy Peezy, don't let either bonnet get hot or dry in the process. Bam!

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Let them know without a shadow of a doubt that your work didn't create this problem, but you are going to fix it for them.

Honestly, it would be almost impossible to create those brown out lines in broadloom wool with HWE.

Citric acid, a bonnet and a slightly water only damp bonnet as a follow-up is how is would fix it. Easy Peezy, don't let either bonnet get hot or dry in the process. Bam!
No extraction at all? I am assuming with extraction each to e it will keep pulling it to the surface and as it dries it will reappear again.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
No extraction at all? I am assuming with extraction each to e it will keep pulling it to the surface and as it dries it will reappear again.
Personally, I would bonnet it and let the natural attrition of vacuuming solve the issue in between cleanings. We hate that dry soil removal is the bane of our existence, but a high functioning vacuum is just that... unfortunately.

Reactions: Joe cool

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
Hey Guys and gals. I have cleaned a basement wool carpet 2 days ago, all I have used was flex ice as a pre spray and flex ice to rinse. Today I get the call with these pics. Anyone what might of caused this browning, she hired some one back that he splashed and dashed and I did notice some light foam as well. View attachment 87240View attachment 87241
I’m following this. That’s really tough, I’ve cleaned a lot of wool and had a lot of close calls.

Whatever way you re-clean. Once you get that stain to disappear run multiple fans and just sit and watch the rug dry. When things are dried out completely mystery problems are usually sent back to the subfloor whence they came.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Currently I am at the job, I have applied the cbs encapsulation on one side and esteam fiber rinse acidic rinse on the other side, aparantly both worked and waiting with the fans on, how ever I have noticed the line where it's darker slightly showed up as it is drying but alot better, I am planning to hit only the lines again with CBS or the fiber rinse depends which one works, I will do some testing before I proceed.

Reactions: ccclean