Browning and white streaking

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 19, 2017
Real Name
Matthew Bonawits
Cleaned a carpet 2 days ago and received pictures of some browning and white streaks. Suggestions to remedy? Would a coffee/browning Encap work ? Thank you in advance!
IMG_3770.JPG
IMG_3776.JPG
IMG_3777.JPG

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Cleaned a carpet 2 days ago and received pictures of some browning and white streaks. Suggestions to remedy? Would a coffee/browning Encap work ? Thank you in advance! View attachment 80893 View attachment 80894 View attachment 80895
Lightly mist with an acid rinse, rake it( or other form of agitation) to get rid of the wand marks you left from original cleaning and extract. When cleaning berber, lower pressure is recommended(300-350) psi and lot of dry passes to avoid browning.
Speed dry would also helped.
I'm not familiar with a particular encap product, but coffee/ tannin remover would certainly help.
I believe the marks you refer as streaks are caused by wand( perhaps high flow, not enough suction and/ or insufficient dry passes.
Sounds about right?
Retract your steps and you'll realize what went wrong...

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
As I read this I just read it to my client (lifelong best friend) and he pulled this out and said every time the vacuum. View attachment 80904
Stuff is trash. It ruins carpet. It ruins pad. And it destroys the vacuum's. And they are paying for it to do all of this. Hate that crap. No vacuum is powerful enough to get that fine dust back out of the carpet. It migrates all the way through to the subfloor. And smells like dirty laundry. Did i mention the stuff is trash lol.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Good catch Jim.

OldCarpetVet

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I would rake, vacuum really good and then bonnet clean that one with an o2 booster. I've seen similar situations when they used carpet fresh powder all the time after they vacuumed.
You Dont Tug On Superman's Cape.
You Dont Spit Into The Wind.
You Dont Pull The Mask From The Ole Lone Ranger
AND YOU DONT MESS AROUND WITH JIM.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
You Dont Tug On Superman's Cape.
You Dont Spit Into The Wind.
You Dont Pull The Mask From The Ole Lone Ranger
AND YOU DONT MESS AROUND WITH JIM.
Jims, badder then Leroy Brown and Leroy stands about 6’4!

OldCarpetVet

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Everyone's badder than Leroy Brown. That idiot was too busy checking out the wife of a jealous man when he was shootin' dice a week ago Friday. By the time that dude got done kickin' his ass Leroy looked like a jigsaw puzzle with a couple of pieces gone.:ROFLMAO:

OldCarpetVet

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Everyone's badder than Leroy Brown. That idiot was too busy checking out the wife of a jealous man when he was shootin' dice a week ago Friday. By the time that dude got done kickin' his ass Leroy looked like a jigsaw puzzle with a couple of pieces gone.:ROFLMAO: