Heuzy

Oct 23, 2013
Berri, South Australia
www.dhcarpetcleaning.com.au
Real Name
Darren Heuzenroeder
Business Location
Australia
Noticed that the water pressure was down today when using my SS upholstery tool. I thought the in line filter must have been clogged so i removed and cleaned. Pressure was still down. Then went to remove the head from the vacuum cuff so i could inspect internally and the whole thing came off. High pressure hose had broken apart from the brass. I have ordered new section of hose. This tool is only 2 years old and i'm wondering if anybody else has had the same problem?

Attachments

tarpon09

Feb 24, 2011
Real Name
peter bigelow
Business Location
United States
Noticed that the water pressure was down today when using my SS upholstery tool. I thought the in line filter must have been clogged so i removed and cleaned. Pressure was still down. Then went to remove the head from the vacuum cuff so i could inspect internally and the whole thing came off. High pressure hose had broken apart from the brass. I have ordered new section of hose. This tool is only 2 years old and i'm wondering if anybody else has had the same problem?
Mine just broke this week in the exact same place. Called around and it's $106 + shipping to replace. A bit much, but what are you going to do? I've had mine for maybe five years.

BigPapa

Apr 11, 2013
Real Name
Dan Ziegler
As far as an upholstery tool it does great, maintan it and it will continue to do great...In our business, every thing is expensive, and so should be are charge...If any thing I have seen...We undercharge what we deliver.

Grn Steamer

Dec 5, 2014
Real Name
Matt R
I had the clear head SS...for about a month...before it started cracking all over. I contacted SS and they said sorry in not so many words. I had used it twice.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
dont know about the saphire??????
looks a little cheap almost like the mighty upholsetery tool.....

i have the hydramaster...white new one....really love it....
so far so good.......

when you spend 600$ on an upholstery tool thease companies should support their
equipment......

greg2206

Oct 3, 2011
SC
Real Name
Greg Broome
Business Location
United States
I have three clear Sapphires as well and two of them are cracked and now loosing vacuum
Not very good plastic especially for the cost of them

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States

That cost $2.00 to get fixed and takes a few minutes. I take my hoses to an auto repair shop that also repairs brake and hydraulic lines.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I have three clear Sapphires as well and two of them are cracked and now loosing vacuum
Not very good plastic especially for the cost of them
I still use my old Sapphire with the light blue head. No cracks or anything in it. I think they said it was made of nylon. Had it a number of years now too. My only issue is that slide to lock the trigger never did work well and I gave up on it years ago. The slide used to relieve vacuum also never really worked well and it could just as well not be there as far as I'm concerned. I simply don't need it. I keep my tool wound up inside a tool bag with a few other items to protect it when I'm not using it. After reading some of these posts I'm certainly never going to buy that clear head tool. Pretty sure the tool I have will get me through until I retire in a few years.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
just take the hose to a Parker dealer. They will make a new one exactly like it on the spot.

Dang, if SS doesnt stand by their upholstery tools, who would consider buying a Truckmount from them.

Yep, Prochem is DEAD