Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
Man I need to bite the bullet and go buy my new el diablo already. Yesterday I through another alternator belt on my steam way. Usually not a problem BUT on this unit it's not that easy. Have to remove the drive shaft to replace belt and their is no where to put a spare on and tie back. Last time this happened it took 7 hours to replace. It's super hard to line up all the key ways to get back together. Lost $600 in jobs today :( shitty deal is this was just back in February this year. It kinda looks like the pulleys are not lined up causing this problem. Wish me luck boys

Rob Mueller, aka Mr. Sun

spotman123

Jan 3, 2010
new york
Real Name
spot man
Business Location
United States
Robert are you sure there is no way to tie an extra belt on there? I rember seeing one on my old powermatic yrs ago. Yes it is a problem to align things up. Best of luck.

Brian Jones

Jul 17, 2013
Real Name
Brian Jones
Ever try a link belt on it?
I put a link belt on a Steam Action machine to run the pump to get a guy through a job and it is still running and it has been at least 3 years.
In the army our mechanics always had some link belts on the truck, worked good for us also

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: LeeRoy

suncarpet

Staff member
Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
Ever try a link belt on it?
I put a link belt on a Steam Action machine to run the pump to get a guy through a job and it is still running and it has been at least 3 years.
What's a link belt ??? My blower has a separate belt, the belt I threw's for the alternator only... Only problem with the unit is it's not charging my battery.

Rob Mueller, aka Mr. Sun

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
What's a link belt ??? My blower has a separate belt, the belt I threw's for the alternator only... Only problem with the unit is it's not charging my battery.

Rob Mueller, aka Mr. Sun
In the meantime, hook up a charger overnight until you get it straightened out. You should get a full day of energy in that battery if you do that

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

Rob Mueller, aka Mr. Sun
Link belt is awesome. You can make it as long or as short as need be and you can install it without pulling the machine apart. The only thing is if your pulleys are out of alignment and chewing up belts it will chew this up too but it is definitely a quick and easy fix. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/151359776356?lpid=82

suncarpet

Staff member
Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
Link belt is awesome. You can make it as long or as short as need be and you can install it without pulling the machine apart. The only thing is if your pulleys are out of alignment and chewing up belts it will chew this up too but it is definitely a quick and easy fix. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/151359776356?lpid=82
Those would save me a lot of time... I need to get some. Very cool

Rob Mueller, aka Mr. Sun

Jul 6, 2011
Province Saskatchewan Canada
Real Name
Christine Roberts
Business Location
Canada
Hope your up and running soon =) I totally understand. I am now dealing with fuel system issues. Last month was antifreeze and heater core weld breaks, month before new pto, month before electrical, month before new engine computer, month before new unit water pump, month before new van engine.... That was all in my first 18 months in business.. I sure wanted to give up a few times but I like the work... Anyways I bought used equipment so.. I guess that's what happens when one buys used... So i hope your fixes hold , you learn a bunch, you have understanding clients that will wait for you and you are able to persevere =)

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
I don't like all those bad things happening to you. I like the smile at the end of your statement

Brian Jones

Jul 17, 2013
Real Name
Brian Jones
sucks when you can't say " hey boss it broke" but least you don't have to say "hey boss here's your money"

jbc71

Jun 21, 2013
Real Name
jeffrey charles
Just your alt then run jumper cables to your van battery for a quick temp fix

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

suncarpet

Staff member
Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
Just your alt then run jumper cables to your van battery for a quick temp fix

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums
That's what I did to get through the job it broke on but don't want to show up on a job and start off that way.. Looks bad.

Rob Mueller, aka Mr. Sun

Harry Mullett

Premium VIP
Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States
That's what I did to get through the job it broke on but don't want to show up on a job and start off that way.. Looks bad.

Rob Mueller, aka Mr. Sun
What looks worse - using jumper cables to van battery or canceling jobs? Most customers would not even notice or care as long as the job was done.

suncarpet

Staff member
Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
What looks worse - using jumper cables to van battery or canceling jobs? Most customers would not even notice or care as long as the job was done.
I didn't cancel any jobs, just missed out on some new ones.. I know what your sayin but I'd rather miss a few and get things back to par...

Rob Mueller, aka Mr. Sun

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith

Rob Mueller, aka Mr. Sun
When the charging system on my TM failed I bought a set of jumper cables. Snipped off the ends and made new ends for the battery on the truck, ran them back through the dog house and clipped onto the the TM battery. You will be OK for about 1.5 hours without the truck running or as long as you like with the truck running. Or to get out of trouble, just get a 20ft set and run them outside the truck between the two batteries. Yeah I know I am repeating stuff but its such a simple "get out of jail" card.

Latest posts