Brick floor with that shiny stuff

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
This is the one I was talking about on thread I was saying I don't like messing with finish in grout lines. Lol. Good customer. Wanted shine. And someone mopped down finish on dirty brick floor. What we would call dirty. Im sure he mopped it first. Lol
Used stripper on it. 175 brush. No acid. I was worried it would be to bright in the lines. Color is good. They are happy. Used Betco sure shine , as I do on all concrete or brick floors. That's 2 coats. The main area got 3. Wasnt huge money job. They took a year to have the board meeting to decide to do it. I honored price.

Attachments

• 1423886160941.jpg
    1423886160941.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 220
  • 1423886202260.jpg
    1423886202260.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 209

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
This is the one I was talking about on thread I was saying I don't like messing with finish in grout lines. Lol. Good customer. Wanted shine. And someone mopped down finish on dirty brick floor. What we would call dirty. Im sure he mopped it first. Lol
Used stripper on it. 175 brush. No acid. I was worried it would be to bright in the lines. Color is good. They are happy. Used Betco sure shine , as I do on all concrete or brick floors. That's 2 coats. The main area got 3. Wasnt huge money job. They took a year to have the board meeting to decide to do it. I honored price.
Now voice your concern and tell them to get it done sooner or they will have a sinkhole:D

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
Now voice your concern and tell them to get it done sooner or they will have a sinkhole:D
This is a farm bureau. The one I do already has one boss. he hires me every year to do that place. This on is in another parish (county) so they have board members. One of the agents said they have $300k sitting in the bank they can spend. He was amazed they took so long to approve $800. I think i panted enough seeds to come back ,top scrub , and recoat yearly. I am gonna have to go ahead and give them the price for that now. cause the only meet like twice a year. I also gave cards to the agents for water extraction referrals.

Reactions: Omar

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
Tile master will strip all that down. Nice job looks great
Tilemaster won't strip finish. The before pic was dirt under finish. had to use vct stripper. scrubbed with 175 then We used 1200 psi, diesel burner cranked. We used a spinner, but I am finding if you sit it still at all. you will see a faint circle. The cleaner your getting it the less it shows. but we had to go back over some spots after drying when I spotted them. that is a huge downfall to using spinner to rinse stripper. it rinses up good if finish is not to thick. cause thick finish stops up the spinner. Kinda pondering going back to using gekko to rinse. which hurts my shoulders on big jobs, and most of them are big. Or taking jets off spinner to use it more as a flood rinsing wand. May try that next time. I hate redoing anything. Long as its scrubbed rinsing should be easy long as there is enough water and vac. Just dont need the jets directing pressure . I think. Something I am working on. Hopefully I will get it perfected.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Nice job bob... that looks great... I made a ring with a spinner one time.... it came out later after the cleaning though but not easily... had to go to a stripper to get the topical out of the pores of a brand new ceramic wood look alike tile...the circle comes from melting the topical so hot that it forms up and solidifies rapidly on cool down...it will come out with some work...thats the power of fired heat...

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
Nice job bob... that looks great... I made a ring with a spinner one time.... it came out later after the cleaning though but not easily... had to go to a stripper to get the topical out of the pores of a brand new ceramic wood look alike tile...the circle comes from melting the topical so hot that it forms up and solidifies rapidly on cool down...it will come out with some work...thats the power of fired heat...
Yea I noticed it first when i was rinsing vct with it. which we only use about 900 psi. . My spinner has castors. So it just rolls around. I just hate using squeegee vac then flooding then squeegee vac again. then mop again. Rather figure out a way to rinse it up all at once then just neutral mop. ready for finish. This works but those pesky circles are annoying. I need to see if I can get some jets that flood rather than direct the spray and cut into the floor. Which is not needed if scrubbed and loosened up. I still want spinner too turn. I doubt it will turn with no jets in it.
Most floors I get have almost no finish left . Then after i'm done I usually don't have to strip them. Long as they let me top scrub and recoat. I get all my edges really clean and finish the edges properly. no build up. Its a small percentage of my business but enough to keep it up. nice to get those 2 grand refinish weekend jobs. I am no trying to reinvent the wheel,. Just have a safe way to rinse stripper with little finish.. I do get the occasional job with too much build up and I have to use regular tools for this work.