Breaker keeps tripping on CDS

poof142

Jun 27, 2014
Wisconsin
Real Name
Brian Pophal
Business Location
United States
I have a Hydra Master CDS and the the breaker keeps tripping on the control panel. It appears that maybe there's a short and I was wondering if there's any common causes or where I should look for the short.

Last edited:

Frank House

Feb 1, 2016
Real Name
Frank H
SECTION V. ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
1.0. CDS will not turn on

1.1. The main fuse under the hood has blown. Remove CDS cowling and engine cover and check all wiring from the power source back to the CDS console for damage. Replace fuse only after locating the problem that caused the fuse to blow. If unable to locate problem, refer to qualified service technician.

1.2. The plug-in connection at the base of the recovery tank is corroded. Clean up and seal connection to protect it from moisture.

1.3. The main circuit breaker has blown on the dash of the machine. Reset breaker and look for loose connections or damaged wires. Check all wires from the control panel forward to the front of the vehicle. If no problem is found but the breaker still trips refer to qualified service technician. Updated 6/6/02 6

1.4. The park position switch on the side of the transmission is out of adjustment or faulty. This switch interrupts power to the CDS drive clutch and the speed control vacuum solenoid when the transmission gear selector is not in park. Inspect switch for proper adjustment and for continuity. Adjust or replace as necessary.

From
http://www.hydramaster.com/portals/0/manuals/ts/cds_trblshoot.pdf

Might not help but I hope it does. Check for loose connections or wires that have become bare.

poof142

Jun 27, 2014
Wisconsin
Real Name
Brian Pophal
Business Location
United States
Sometimes not always but sometimes those push to reset fuses become weak and just need to be replaced.

Yes this is very ture . After talking with the service man that is also another thing to look at. That's where I started. I was hoping it was that and for 9.00 at Napa it was worth a shot. Always start with the cheap part first lol.

Reactions: SRD