Brand New S Bend 2 jet wand clogging | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Brand New S Bend 2 jet wand clogging

Gorcon

Nov 19, 2016
Real Name
Gordon Mass
I bought a wand recently from Cecame Cleaning Tools Carpet Cleaning Wand 12" 2-Jet 1.5" Tube S-Bend With Teflon Glide.

My question , the jets are clogging big time where my other wands are not. Using Butler TruckMount same day same time. Any ideas? How does one deal with clogging jets on the fly , on the jobsite?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Sometimes just a brass wire brush across the face will do. Other times may need a pin.
My tile wand does that. And supposedly ss jets. I use a brass brush from my gun cleaning kit. Its the ar-15 brush. Looks like brass tooth brush only it has a fine line of bristles on back of handle that fits nicely in the t- jets groove.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
It's doubtful it's got anything to do with the wand itself. My guess is that hard water has been run through it at some point and sat in there a while. I would remove the jets and make sure they're clear. Then simply flush some soft water preferably with some acid rinse through it with the jets off. If necessary soak the jets in some CLR for a few minutes. I use one of those welders tools sometimes to clear jets on the fly or just to make sure the jets are clear. There must be some scale buildup inside the line of the wand. If your jets don't have them I'd put some jet filters on them. I won't have a wand w/o filters on the jets.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
I second removal of jets and flushing
Might be crap in the system from manufacturing too
First remove the inline filter basket, re-assemble
Then take out the jets and purge the system use acid rinse as above too
with the trigger down to flush it out, use high pressure, keep an eye if there’s any crap, be hard to see anything, but worth doing!
Put jets and filter back in and see how you go....

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Did anyone caught size( opening) of the jets? didn't. It's common to install 11003 jets, , which on 2 jet wand makes sense. I doubt that jets with #03 opening get clogged up easily. I would check for size of the jets first and go from there in quest for clogging problems...

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I second removal of jets and flushing
Might be crap in the system from manufacturing too
First remove the inline filter basket, re-assemble
Then take out the jets and purge the system use acid rinse as above too
with the trigger down to flush it out, use high pressure, keep an eye if there’s any crap, be hard to see anything, but worth doing!
Put jets and filter back in and see how you go....
I guess we'll never know what happened with the wand problem. It's been pattern lately, newb asks question, gets plenty of answers and thread hits dead end for whatever reason.
Colder air is coming my way, it means your wardrobe is going change to summer style. Are you going to enjoy it?
I know, I'm not looking forward to a freezing lines...

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
I guess we'll never know what happened with the wand problem. It's been pattern lately, newb asks question, gets plenty of answers and thread hits dead end for whatever reason.
Colder air is coming my way, it means your wardrobe is going change to summer style. Are you going to enjoy it?
I know, I'm not looking forward to a freezing lines...
Yeah as will probably always be the case. Maybe was a simple fix(embarrassing) maybe not...as long as he’s helped
Doesn’t it drive you’re curiosity crazy not knowing though?
Summer gets too brutal here to enjoy it pushing a wand!
Constant struggle with hydration is a bit
Sure don’t have to worry about drytimes though! Brass fittings and soln lines get stupid hot, thankful spanner spinning toughened up my hands!! Jamming my drieze pods down the side of my Tm and running them to help cool, might have to install some small 10/12in thermo fans but a pod does very well when there’s power avail....
I wore shorts and T-shirt all winter....

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Yeah as will probably always be the case. Maybe was a simple fix(embarrassing) maybe not...as long as he’s helped
Doesn’t it drive you’re curiosity crazy not knowing though?
Summer gets too brutal here to enjoy it pushing a wand!
Constant struggle with hydration is a bit
Sure don’t have to worry about drytimes though! Brass fittings and soln lines get stupid hot, thankful spanner spinning toughened up my hands!! Jamming my drieze pods down the side of my Tm and running them to help cool, might have to install some small 10/12in thermo fans but a pod does very well when there’s power avail....
I wore shorts and T-shirt all winter....
I guess, forecast can be deceiving. I checked temperatures in your area, everything was looking nice and dandy, around 80 for your summer time. I guess, I'm wrong. Thankfully, I didn't have a major problems with my TM, except I had to replace 2 Shurflo demand pumps, replaced it with Flojet and I'm good. I have a RV place down the road and I get these pumps for around $90, but apparently they don't like to pump 100 gallon of fresh water overnight and almost every night, so I switched back to a Flojet. I thought I was overheating those pumps, but even direct airflow about 900 cfm didn't help to fix the situation. For some reason pump started to work intermittently before stopping for good.
Still have no idea what was happening...

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
I guess, forecast can be deceiving. I checked temperatures in your area, everything was looking nice and dandy, around 80 for your summer time. I guess, I'm wrong. Thankfully, I didn't have a major problems with my TM, except I had to replace 2 Shurflo demand pumps, replaced it with Flojet and I'm good. I have a RV place down the road and I get these pumps for around $90, but apparently they don't like to pump 100 gallon of fresh water overnight and almost every night, so I switched back to a Flojet. I thought I was overheating those pumps, but even direct airflow about 900 cfm didn't help to fix the situation. For some reason pump started to work intermittently before stopping for good.
Still have no idea what was happening...
No you’re right about the temp mate, but It’s only just the start of spring, was an awesome sunny afternoon!! All the spring cleaning calls have just started flowing in, happy days!
We get just shy of 120F here when summer is still in full swing!! Dec through Christmas and into the new year is crazy hot and has been hanging around until late March last few years
I’m gonna get a camelbak hydration pack this year!!! Be like Mike@ProSteam-sonomacounty

Last edited:
Reactions: Luky