Bragging on my little brother

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Our 05 Chevy has the same paint problems as virtually every other one I see on the road. Recently, it really started flaking off, so my brother said that's it I'm done!!! I'm painting it. He picked up all the professional toys and did a bang up job at our shop. Just some touch up on a handful of little areas starting to get bigger and it will be back to normal.
20171128_182503.jpg

20171128_182526.jpg

Now I'm looking for more stuff for him to paint!

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
nice, looks good. Getting good at vinyl wrapping is also a cool skill to have these days, the vinyl is so cheap lasts forever and you can wrap literally anything.

Getting ready to do all the emblems and steering wheel black on my 07 suburban

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Our 05 Chevy has the same paint problems as virtually every other one I see on the road. Recently, it really started flaking off, so my brother said that's it I'm done!!! I'm painting it. He picked up all the professional toys and did a bang up job at our shop. Just some touch up on a handful of little areas starting to get bigger and it will be back to normal.
View attachment 74156
View attachment 74157

Very nice job, really. Just don't forget the spot on the roof on driver's side. I've done a few painting jobs myself ( not as meticulous ones) and forgot to touch up big spot on the roof, just because I was admiring everything done below . Someone finally told me, what's up......

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Very nice job, really. Just don't forget the spot on the roof on driver's side. I've done a few painting jobs myself ( not as meticulous ones) and forgot to touch up big spot on the roof, just because I was admiring everything done below . Someone finally told me, what's up......
Thanks!
Each side of the roof and 3 small spots on the doors. Blending it in is going to be easier on them. He really did a great job for knocking it over the weekend. We bolted the front end together this morning and rode together today. We almost never work together anymore, nice we each had a good helper as we switched off on the wand.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
View attachment 74156
View attachment 74157

I hate how Chevy vans do this. My Ford is 13 years older and the paint isn't peeling off like my newer Chevy.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
View attachment 74156
View attachment 74157

Chevy products in certain colors seem to develop the mange. I don't know if it is their process for painting at the factory, the paint itself, or the combination of the two that causes it.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
How the hell are we supposed to bag you or praise you with the bonnet in the shade like that...cmon Jim hahaha
Good job
20171212_114423.jpg

Here's a much better picture I forgot to post!

May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss