boxxer421 pump issue | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

boxxer421 pump issue

jamesNY

Mar 9, 2020
Real Name
James chung
I can only think of one other thing that might possibly cause that fluctuation in pressure and that is a leak or problem somewhere in the chemical pump or lines. Does your chemical pump work properly or do you even use it? It could be letting air into the high pressure pump is what I'm thinking.
i always turn off the chemical pump,

jamesNY

Mar 9, 2020
Real Name
James chung
I can only think of one other thing that might possibly cause that fluctuation in pressure and that is a leak or problem somewhere in the chemical pump or lines. Does your chemical pump work properly or do you even use it? It could be letting air into the high pressure pump is what I'm thinking.
so , do you think i need switch the part #2 and part #3?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
so , do you think i need switch the part #2 and part #3?
The smaller orifice, number 3, should be on top as shown on the front panel. You said you turn off your chemical pump. Do you mean that you leave it off all the time?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
That chemical pump has a rubber diaphragm in it that will develop a hole in it. When that happens either chemical or air will get into your Comet pump and I think that could be happening. It doesn't matter whether or not you actually use the chemical metering. It will still get that hole in it eventually. Does the chemical pump still work at all? Does it Prime and draw chemical from the jug. If it isn't your chemical pump causing this I'm completely out of ideas, but it very well could be a hole in the diaphragm. You'll have to take it off to find out. If you never use your chemical pump it can be removed and put a regular cap and check valve where the chemical pump went and see if the problem goes away. Also, in addition to turning the 3 way valve to Off also turn the knob that controls chemical metering all the way in and see if that helps.

jamesNY

Mar 9, 2020
Real Name
James chung
That chemical pump has a rubber diaphragm in it that will develop a hole in it. When that happens either chemical or air will get into your Comet pump and I think that could be happening. It doesn't matter whether or not you actually use the chemical metering. It will still get that hole in it eventually. Does the chemical pump still work at all? Does it Prime and draw chemical from the jug. If it isn't your chemical pump causing this I'm completely out of ideas, but it very well could be a hole in the diaphragm. You'll have to take it off to find out. If you never use your chemical pump it can be removed and put a regular cap and check valve where the chemical pump went and see if the problem goes away. Also, in addition to turning the 3 way valve to Off also turn the knob that controls chemical metering all the way in and see if that helps.
will try it to see the result,and by the way, this issue always happened like after I cleaned one room

Joeytechman

May 18, 2020
Real Name
J Kenny
Having the orifice swapped would cause the issue you are seeing. The water would circulate from the heat exchanger at a much higher rate than designed. The water box would heat up quickly, the water going to the pump would boil , acting like an air leak. (vapor).
I have seen the hoses reversed, effectively changing "top and bottom"
I have seen the brass fittings that the orifice screws into eroded away causing "bypass" flow.
The small orifice, hose goes back to the water box.
Large goes to bypass Dema solenoid valve.
What I see on the gauge looks like a pump with an air leak, and wandwizard is correct, a hole in the chem pump diaphragm can also be an air leak.

Reactions: wandwizard