Boxxer XL | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Boxxer XL

The Cat 1

Jul 14, 2015
Real Name
Larry Tyler
I recently purchased a Boxxer XL. After 175 Hrs the belt tensioner basically "exploded". The part was replaced under warranty (which involved 6 hrs of driving to and back from my distributor). 13 operational hrs later the whole pulley system flew off while cleaning and lodged itself between the exhaust and the heat exchanger. I'm concerned about collateral damage to my new machine from flying projectiles, not to mention the drive for warranty repairs and lost business. Has anyone else run across this problem and found a solution?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I recently purchased a Boxxer XL. After 175 Hrs the belt tensioner basically "exploded". The part was replaced under warranty (which involved 6 hrs of driving to and back from my distributor). 13 operational hrs later the whole pulley system flew off while cleaning and lodged itself between the exhaust and the heat exchanger. I'm concerned about collateral damage to my new machine from flying projectiles, not to mention the drive for warranty repairs and lost business. Has anyone else run across this problem and found a solution?
I've never heard of what you describe. I'd give them one last chance to fix it. If something like that happened again I think I might insist on replacing the entire machine. No excuse for it on a 20 grand machine as far as I'm concerned. I hope someone takes this as seriously as you do and gets it fixed right next time.

Reactions: vnmineo

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
I've got close to 700hrs on mine and I haven't had any problems like that. This was my first tm with a belt tensioner, so I went through a couple belts before realizing that I need to retighten the belts after the first 10-30hrs. But besides that, this tm is Zero problems

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
And I call a dude named David who has a XL also for advice sometimes, and he has well over 1000hrs on his. His has held up nice also. If your heat shield was on it, your engine should be fine. I would be more concerned with the water pump's condition more than anything else. If your heat exchanger isn't leaking...don't lose sleep over it.