Boxxer XL vs Titan 575

wuznmee

Jan 2, 2014
Real Name
Mike
Besides the engines being different, the main difference in the two truck mounts, is that the titan is belt driven blower and the boxxer xl is coupler driven blower.

This is my first truck mount that has a coupler driven blower. Should I be worried about anything in the near future? The only reason I purchased this exact model over the titan was money. I couldn't afford financing a titan brand new, and this was the second best route to take.
You need to be "in tune" with it. Pay attention to noises, shakes, rattles. In a drive coupler machine, they could be the difference between life and death. (of the machine)

jeffk734

Jun 2, 2011
MI
Real Name
Jeff King
Business Location
United States
There are circumstances that you're not aware of and they were difficult. Interlink would not give them a break what so ever.
Would you recommend this package for the 28K price tag? Would you recommend this package at all?

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

wuznmee

Jan 2, 2014
Real Name
Mike
That sucks. They shouldn't have molested the machine though.

I told them to absolutely not do that. I also knew that Interlink would replace anything they screwed up and they would end up paying for that too. It's hard to talk common sense to someone in distress. And they were. They paid 65,000 for that whole setup in 09.

wuznmee

Jan 2, 2014
Real Name
Mike
Would you recommend this package for the 28K price tag? Would you recommend this package at all?

I'm sorry, I can't and won't do that. This is a Blueline machine. You never know what it's going to do tomorrow, and I don't want to be responsible for it. Really man... don't just jump at anything that sounds like a deal. They're usually a deal for a reason. Don't buy anything that you can't test run and don't ever take the salesman's word for anything. Also, have it checked out by a really good EXPERIENCED mechanic. An experienced mechanic will spot things that are suspicious in two seconds flat.

jeffk734

Jun 2, 2011
MI
Real Name
Jeff King
Business Location
United States
I'm sorry, I can't and won't do that. This is a Blueline machine. You never know what it's going to do tomorrow, and I don't want to be responsible for it. Really man... don't just jump at anything that sounds like a deal. They're usually a deal for a reason. Don't buy anything that you can't test run and don't ever take the salesman's word for anything. Also, have it checked out by a really good EXPERIENCED mechanic. An experienced mechanic will spot things that are suspicious in two seconds flat.
Thanks for your honesty. I just talked to my old boss and he says there's always has over heating problems and recommended I don't buy it.

jeffk734

Jun 2, 2011
MI
Real Name
Jeff King
Business Location
United States
Are you familiar with Vortex machines by chance?

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
How long does it take to do an average size house? What kind of equipment is used?
3 hours for your average house.
I custom built my gear back in 2000.
33 inch radial exhaust blade ran off of a 24 HP Briggs ,
175 PSI compressor 13 Honda
10 inch duct hose ( carry 150 ft in truck)
Scorpion rod system with octopus whips for agitation.
Very similar to the van mount system offered by
wwwheatsealequipment.com

WillnDeb

May 11, 2011
Real Name
Will
Business Location
United States
3 hours for your average house.
I custom built my gear back in 2000.
33 inch radial exhaust blade ran off of a 24 HP Briggs ,
175 PSI compressor 13 Honda
10 inch duct hose ( carry 150 ft in truck)
Scorpion rod system with octopus whips for agitation.
Very similar to the van mount system offered by
wwwheatsealequipment.com
Without trying to be too nosy how is the ROI on that?

jeffk734

Jun 2, 2011
MI
Real Name
Jeff King
Business Location
United States
Which version?
Not sure. My distributor is selling on consignment for a local guy. He's asking 13K but it needs a silencer which they said would cost 2K. Here are some pics but I have no clue what the miles and hours are.
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1402370092.510664.jpg

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1402370119.046198.jpg

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1402370135.165964.jpg

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Without trying to be too nosy how is the ROI on that?
Cost me 12k to build in 2000
45% of my work is furnace and duct cleaning.
Each job... $3 bucks in fuel.
Average $400.
My minimum charge is $320 for homes 1400 sq ft and under.
$20-$30 every 100 sq ft after that. I don't charge by the vent... rather by the sq ft.
My price includes cleaning furnace fan and compartment AC coil and outside condensing unit.
Two man crew.
We do lots of combo's
Carpet and vents together .
Jobs get $600-$800 real quick

Reactions: matt30577

wuznmee

Jan 2, 2014
Real Name
Mike
Not sure. My distributor is selling on consignment for a local guy. He's asking 13K but it needs a silencer which they said would cost 2K. Here are some pics but I have no clue what the miles and hours are.View attachment 30730
View attachment 30731
View attachment 30732

First... you do know that it's made by the same engineers that brought you the wonderful ThermalWave and Bluewave, right? Also, FYI, it's almost never the silencer and almost always the silencer tube. Somewhere in the 50.00 range.

jeffk734

Jun 2, 2011
MI
Real Name
Jeff King
Business Location
United States
Average $400.
$20-$30 every 100 sq ft after that. I don't charge by the vent... rather by the sq ft.
My price includes cleaning furnace fan and compartment AC coil and outside condensing unit.
Two man crew.
We do lots of combo's
You're my idol lol

WillnDeb

May 11, 2011
Real Name
Will
Business Location
United States
Average $400.
Two man crew.
We do lots of combo's
I gotta say thats rather impressive and has me re-considering a look at that end of it.

jeffk734

Jun 2, 2011
MI
Real Name
Jeff King
Business Location
United States
First... you do know that it's made by the same engineers that brought you the wonderful ThermalWave and Bluewave, right? Also, FYI, it's almost never the silencer and almost always the silencer tube. Somewhere in the 50.00 range.
I didn't know that lol. And as far as silencers and tubes I have no clue just saying what they told me. Other than it being super loud it has no issues. They also claim it gets 22 mpg on the highway.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
I gotta say thats rather impressive and has me re-considering a look at that end of it.
I service a very small market.
15k homes max. If I just relied on CC .. I would need a second job! Especially with more and more homes going without carpets . 10 years ago ... I had more carpets to clean.
Not alot of T& G here