boxxer 427 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

boxxer 427

Swani21

Oct 8, 2015
Real Name
Nick S.
It's probably on the high side. Are you aware they don't make that motor anymore? I run one and it's been very dependable but the previous owner was very maticulous. You wanna make sure the head gaskets are good.

Swani21

Oct 8, 2015
Real Name
Nick S.
The Boxxer 427 had some issues and has a bad reputation but if taken care of they can be a great machine.

Reactions: smart n kleen

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
The Boxxer 427 had some issues and has a bad reputation but if taken care of they can be a great machine.
yes I'm aware they dont make them anymore yhsts why I came here first. you say the 4 is to much huh

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
no thanks, I see them on craigslist all the time and idk what it is about boxer owners but they seem to think their machines are worth their weight in gold.

Theres a guy on craigslist near me asking $35k for a 2004 express with a 2004 boxxer, only 600hrs but my gawd hes insane

Reactions: Rory henderson

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
no thanks, I see them on craigslist all the time and idk what it is about boxer owners but they seem to think their machines are worth their weight in gold.

Theres a guy on craigslist near me asking $35k for a 2004 express with a 2004 boxxer, only 600hrs but my gawd hes insane
yeah I'm a stay clear that's all I've really been hearing is bad news on that unit

sunrisecarpet951

Apr 9, 2016
Real Name
Allan
I’ve been running 2 of for a long time. One with the head gasket issues and the other I bought a couple years later no real issues at all. The first run of them had head gasket problems. Hydramaster took the blame for it but Biggs discontinued those engines pretty quick, wonder why haha. They did make some with an updated engine that was really nice. The serial number is one digit off I believe if it ended is 02 that was the engine with the problems but if it ends in an 03 that engine was really nice. they changed some stuff on it that fixed the problem. If you’re interested I can double check the serial numbers so you can be sure. You’ll want to keep an eye out for the heat exchanger and have it dipped every year. It’s pretty easier to take out. Takes me about 20 minutes to get it.

sunrisecarpet951

Apr 9, 2016
Real Name
Allan
If you’re not a big hands on guy or willing to pay to have it serviced I would definitely pass on it. They’re great running machines when kept up. Killer vacuum and heat but you gotta stay on top of the maintenance

Swani21

Oct 8, 2015
Real Name
Nick S.
I’ve been running 2 of for a long time. One with the head gasket issues and the other I bought a couple years later no real issues at all. The first run of them had head gasket problems. Hydramaster took the blame for it but Biggs discontinued those engines pretty quick, wonder why haha. They did make some with an updated engine that was really nice. The serial number is one digit off I believe if it ended is 02 that was the engine with the problems but if it ends in an 03 that engine was really nice. they changed some stuff on it that fixed the problem. If you’re interested I can double check the serial numbers so you can be sure. You’ll want to keep an eye out for the heat exchanger and have it dipped every year. It’s pretty easier to take out. Takes me about 20 minutes to get it.
What do you mean by dipped? When they soak them at a radiator shop?

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Also if I'm not mistaken that blower isn't available anymore. I maybe wrong. But if you have to change one you better know what you are doing.