Boxxer 421

redbeard719

Oct 16, 2014
United States
Real Name
Red Beard
Business Location
United States
In my quest for a truck mount I may be able to afford, I came across a Boxder 421 with 2500 hours and a recently replaced heat exchanger.

I can get for about 4k (4000-4500) plus shipping (which I have yet to calculate)

Does this sound about right for a machine that is supposedly running fine daily still...

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
It is if you can see it up close and see it with your own eyes and hear how it works. If it's all the way across the country, I wouldn't buy it with just a picture of it, unless it's coming from a reputable dealer that can give you a printout of the services that's been done to it, to make it presentable to sell in the condition that it's described in.

Reactions: dirtsucker

Mojo Rising

Premium VIP
May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
2500 hours is a lot for an air cooled engine, so its not unheard of to replace them between 1000-4000 hrs if it was taken care of.

The boxxer 421 is a great machine that is a mid level unit..

TimM

Sep 9, 2007
Ogden Utah
Real Name
Tim
Business Location
United States
In my quest for a truck mount I may be able to afford, I came across a Boxder 421 with 2500 hours and a recently replaced heat exchanger.

I can get for about 4k (4000-4500) plus shipping (which I have yet to calculate)

Does this sound about right for a machine that is supposedly running fine daily still...
If I remember correctly, @Jeff Maietta has a Boxxer 421 for sale. you might want to check with him.

Mojo Rising

Premium VIP
May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
If I remember correctly, @Jeff Maietta has a Boxxer 421 for sale. you might want to check with him.
He does.. but he needs to take that machine in and get a good bill of health so he can sell it. Its much easier to sell a used machine when you have the little things fixed and ready to go.

Reactions: dirtsucker

redbeard719

Oct 16, 2014
United States
Real Name
Red Beard
Business Location
United States
I've messaged him about it- I believe he has a buyer else I would pick it up. Thanks for the info- I'll continue my hunt for one either documented serviced or local enough to view first

redbeard719

Oct 16, 2014
United States
Real Name
Red Beard
Business Location
United States
Preferably in the 4-5000 range for now.

I had some money in another machine that I can't seem to get working so this is basically the second machine I will have bought recently.

SunnyDays Carpet Cleaning

Aug 23, 2014
Real Name
David Dubois

If you can't see it before you buy it,don't do it. I just looked at one that was on EBay. It looked good in the pitcher. It was junk when I seen it.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
I have one and replaced the engine with just 1840 hours on it. Blower oil leaking and getting sucked into the engine was an issue, as well as the smaller stuff like the water box float not working correctly, waste tank float switch never working from day one, intermittent problem with the diverter piston not operating. Chemical injection priming and pick up dont work, again.
I wouldnt buy another one. In contrast, I also have a 4.6 cds that is now bare bones. Its got no tacho, pressure regulator is guess work, idle is done using a carpet stretcher pressing down on the gas peddle and listening for the vac blower hitting the right pitch. float switches needed replaced swapped out the PTO a few years ago. But a great machine. I dont think I would get another slide in. I will get another HM PTO though.

SunnyDays Carpet Cleaning

Aug 23, 2014
Real Name
David Dubois
I have one and replaced the engine with just 1840 hours on it. Blower oil leaking and getting sucked into the engine was an issue, as well as the smaller stuff like the water box float not working correctly, waste tank float switch never working from day one, intermittent problem with the diverter piston not operating. Chemical injection priming and pick up dont work, again.
I wouldnt buy another one. In contrast, I also have a 4.6 cds that is now bare bones. Its got no tacho, pressure regulator is guess work, idle is done using a carpet stretcher pressing down on the gas peddle and listening for the vac blower hitting the right pitch. float switches needed replaced swapped out the PTO a few years ago. But a great machine. I dont think I would get another slide in. I will get another HM PTO though.
Some are left in the cold.

Jeff Maietta

Happy Days!
Aug 15, 2012
Everywhere
Real Name
Geoff Maieta
Business Location
United States
I have not sold mine yet. Next week I will have time to bring to Jon Don to get checked out first. I don't want to sell something that needs major work to anyone. So to be sure I will get it checked and evaluated first. Once I do I will post it up. Tony has first refusal. Thanks

Mojo Rising

Premium VIP
May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
I worked at a Coit franchise and I had to do the same thing with my PTO.. I had to use a stick to press down the gas peddle because my boss didn't want to spend money getting it fixed.. good to know I wasn't the only one.

Reactions: Bexiesbruv