Boxxer 421 hose help | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Boxxer 421 hose help

Randy Herman

May 5, 2017
Real Name
Randy Herman
Anyone know what is causing this to blow off. Doesn’t matter how tight it is. The hose had 2 metal ends on it but it blew mid job so just used hose clamps for now but something isn’t letting it cycle and don’t know what it is. Checked the route and everything looks ok so I’m confused. Any help would be appreciated

Randy Herman

May 5, 2017
Real Name
Randy Herman
Anyone know what is causing this to blow off. Doesn’t matter how tight it is. The hose had 2 metal ends on it but it blew mid job so just used hose clamps for now but something isn’t letting it cycle and don’t know what it is. Checked the route and everything looks ok so I’m confused. Any help would be appreciated

Randy Herman

May 5, 2017
Real Name
Randy Herman
I’m trying to upload the video but it woo the let me so here are the pics at least Hose starts army the hydra pump and runs to the pic. That’s where it’s being blown off

Attachments

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
If you are able, run your pressure house in open flow at startup and see if it still blows off.

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
I’m trying to upload the video but it woo the let me so here are the pics at least Hose starts army the hydra pump and runs to the pic. That’s where it’s being blown off
The hose needs to be pushed further up on the barb for it to work properly. And that worm drive clamp looks too big as well.

Joe280

May 31, 2012
Real Name
Jose s
Hi
Where I can get that hose?, my hose has couple small holes I need to replace it. But I don't see it on the part number on the manual
Thank you

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Hi
Where I can get that hose?, my hose has couple small holes I need to replace it. But I don't see it on the part number on the manual
Thank you
You should be able to get that locally unless you live in too small of a town. I have bought it at a local place that sells all kinds of different hoses including high-pressure hoses. You may need to take the hose off and take it in or cut a very small piece off the end and just make sure you buy enough to replace it. If you can't get it locally you may have to call Jondon or another supplier and explain where the hose is and they should be able to get what you need. Their price on that shouldn't be too bad. The hose shown in the picture is a high-pressure hose just so we're talking about the same one. The one that has the hose clamp on it and looks like it's not on all the way is what I'm referring to. That hose needs to take at least 180-degree temp and up to 1,000 psi or more. I'd probably want a little higher on both those. Maybe 200 degrees and 1500 psi. I think the one I bought is rated a lot higher on both temp and pressure. The place I went to can put new fittings on any high-pressure hose and they made me a whole new hose with the proper fittings at each end at less than 1/2 the charge of Jondon.

I'll see if I can get the actual brand and size later today. You are talking about the high-pressure hose that comes from the pump and goes to the back of the unloader right?

Joe280

May 31, 2012
Real Name
Jose s
You should be able to get that locally unless you live in too small of a town. I have bought it at a local place that sells all kinds of different hoses including high-pressure hoses. You may need to take the hose off and take it in or cut a very small piece off the end and just make sure you buy enough to replace it. If you can't get it locally you may have to call Jondon or another supplier and explain where the hose is and they should be able to get what you need. Their price on that shouldn't be too bad. The hose shown in the picture is a high-pressure hose just so we're talking about the same one. The one that has the hose clamp on it and looks like it's not on all the way is what I'm referring to. That hose needs to take at least 180-degree temp and up to 1,000 psi or more. I'd probably want a little higher on both those. Maybe 200 degrees and 1500 psi. I think the one I bought is rated a lot higher on both temp and pressure. The place I went to can put new fittings on any high-pressure hose and they made me a whole new hose with the proper fittings at each end at less than 1/2 the charge of Jondon.

I'll see if I can get the actual brand and size later today. You are talking about the high-pressure hose that comes from the pump and goes to the back of the unloader right?
Thank you for the fast response, I just found a place where I can get the hose but I can't get the fittings , i went to home depot but they didn't have it , what is the size of the fittings?
Thank you

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Thank you for the fast response, I just found a place where I can get the hose but I can't get the fittings , i went to home depot but they didn't have it , what is the size of the fittings?
Thank you
The hose is 3/8 inch so I imagine that is the size for the fittings. The place where I had mine made has special equipment to install high-pressure fittings. I took my old hose in and they made one exactly the same size. The brand of my hose is Gates and it says Megaflex on it. If I understand it correctly it has a 350-degree heat tolerance and 5,000 psi pressure so it's plenty in that regard. The type of fittings on mine I think have to be installed with a machine. A place that sells pressure washing hose or other high-pressure hose might know where you can get that done. Only one place in my area does it.

Joe280

May 31, 2012
Real Name
Jose s
The hose is 3/8 inch so I imagine that is the size for the fittings. The place where I had mine made has special equipment to install high-pressure fittings. I took my old hose in and they made one exactly the same size. The brand of my hose is Gates and it says Megaflex on it. If I understand it correctly it has a 350-degree heat tolerance and 5,000 psi pressure so it's plenty in that regard. The type of fittings on mine I think have to be installed with a machine. A place that sells pressure washing hose or other high-pressure hose might know where you can get that done. Only one place in my area does it.
Thank you, I just found a hose store I'll bring in my damaged hose tomorrow, hopefully they can make the hose

Reactions: wandwizard